friendly dog prevents killing spree

CinchedWaist

Friendly Dog Prevents Killing Spree?

Fri Jun 25, 7:56 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian man, driving a car packed with weapons and ammunition, was intent on killing as many people as possible in a Toronto neighborhood but gave up the plan at the last minute when he encountered a friendly dog, police said on Thursday.

The middle-aged man, who police said was mentally disturbed, had planned to carry out the shooting spree on Wednesday to ensure he would be put in jail permanently, Toronto police said.

He had set himself up in an east-end park to load his weapons and then planned to drive around shooting. He later told police that a dog then approached and started playing with him.

The encounter melted the man's heart, and he then went in search of police to give himself up, police said.

"He happens to be a pet lover, and decided that since there was such a nice dog in the area, that people were too nice and he wasn't going to carry out his plan," Detective Nick Ashley told reporters.

Police found 6,000 rounds of ammunition, two rifles, a shotgun, a semi-automatic pistol, a revolver and an air rifle in the man's car, along with a machete and a hunting knife. The car also contained a throwing knife, a camouflage mask and netting.

He had recently arrived in Toronto from New Brunswick.

James Paul Stanson, 43, has been charged with a variety of weapons-related offenses and appeared in court for a bail hearing on Thursday.

linkage

what a nice story, eh, kiddos? :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that dog's gonna get some serious belly rubbing.

the cops should do a ceremony where he gets a 'deputy dog' badge.

yeah... hometown hero!;)

Not that penguins actually have means of handling anything given they don't have fingers... in fact their wings are useless since they can't fly. But hey. Ray Charles was blind right ?

And he wasn't a penguin.

Awww...

This reminds me of how while my girlfriend was overdosing, her parents didn't know what was going on because she showed no symptoms until the last minute when her liver failed.... but her cat was freaking out and chasing her around and scratching her and stuff.... I guess she said "Even shadow doesn't like me!".... no I really think that cat loves you angel.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

i agree.

when i see cute ones i just want to pick em up and hug them to death.

esp. pugs and bulldogs.

Little dogs don't like me, I don't like them. I like the big loyal awesome dogs.

bulldogs and pugs are the only small ones i usually like.

i hate chihuahuas. small dogs like that always seem nervous and shake alot.

i like pugs and bulls b/c i never hear em bark. they seem so chill.

all dogs get love from me, really. just not the rat dogs.

cats are ok.

animals are great.

except for baby moles. ugh.

Archived