Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

fresstyling pieces

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by jus, May 29, 2002.

1. jus

jus Guest

i was woundering who or who do you know that dosent bring scetches or out lines to the yard when you paint,my freind coda never draws he justfreestyles new shit every time.i heard of a few but who do you know

2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

I came up never using sketches when I pieced. Its not practical to bring them to most freight spots....not to mention that if you have a logical, evolved style, you shouldn't need one. But there are times when its needed...I've used sketches a few times when I wanted to try somthing different.

3. hackthebone

hackthebone New Jack

freestyling is a definate talent...i have seen one guy do his piece and then need a character to finish it off so he picked up a old newspaper off the ground and duplicated some photo that was in it...not really freestyled i guess because it was from a picture..but it impressed fuck outta me...

4. onesandzeros

onesandzeros Member

I freestyle everything that I do. I've only used a sketch(and only as an idea, not working from it) about twice in the last 2 years. I like it much better that way. It calls for much attention to what I'm doing, so therein all the other bullshit on my mind just fades away.

5. WITS

WITS Member

It all depends on how technical the piece is... Most stuff doesn't really require a sketch... Not freights anyway.

6. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

I didnt know people used sketches when peicing? where have I been?
    I usually just do styles over and over and over until I memorize all of them....then you just hit the bricks, no sweat....

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

sometimes i do , sometimes i dont .

8. drip one

drip one Guest

out of about 8 or 9 years of painting ive only used about 10 to 15 sketches. either i do them on the spot or draw them ahead of time and keep the image in my head. usually that way it doesnt come out exactly the same but close. cause im a burn out fuck.

9. jus

jus Guest

wow,i couldnt go to a wall an freestyle a peice,like a techniqual peice i can freestyle simpler peices but thats sick how cats can just do dope shit straight out the head,

10. eessee

eessee Guest

it takes mad talent and dedication to freestyle any piece but if u haved evolved into your style u should now what your doing with your eyes closed...but i've only done it like when bombing trains in hot spots i go all free stlye but thats the only time other then that i usuall have sketches...

11. Ceso One SAF

Ceso One SAF Member

DARE from TWS crew freestyles....aint that amazing shit i never do but im starting too cuz all my shit looks the same...i guess you can say that with everyone who has thier own SINGLE style when i first started everthing i did was a completely different style

12. sound

sound New Jack

yea...if you have developed your own style, you shouldn't need any sketches to look off of.

13. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

I have been using sketches for my new throws..wait til you see them..they look almost like a freestyle..cool huh!

14. jeff123456

jeff123456 Guest

shut up aser u cant piece... what do u bring a fucking sketch to do a throwie or ur tag?

15. mafIAkilla

mafIAkilla Guest

all the shit ive seen revok do he freestyled. dont see how he does it,i would get confused as a motherfucker tryin to remember where my outline was intended to be. i usually sketch something out on the spot,and ill remember it,and as im painting ill throw some extra shit on it,but yea,anyways.....