freightyard advice

Guest mizery

Guest mizery

ive only painted at one yard. but im checking out this new yard i found one night but i train came and stopped right in the middle of the yard. whats this mean? is this common in other yards? i know its never happened in mine. any advice would be helpful.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Moved

Yard --> Trainspotting

I would suggest you learn a little bit about the workings of rail service before you start painting yards, freights, etc. Your ignorance will probably get you killed or severely maimed.

Originally posted by mizery

nice advice faggots

you dont wanna get snapped on? dont ask incredibly simple questions.

if you cant figure somthing like this out, you shouldn't be hitting steel yet...spend more time watching shit and working on walls...you'll be glad you did.

Go read the thread "Buy Trains Magazine June 2002"

It will give you the basics about understanding rail yards. ReadDuffy Littlejohn's book, "Hopping Freight Trains in America." Not only does it have a shitload of good safety information for tramps and trainhoppers, you'll learn a lot about railroads and trains in general. Rail yards are dangerous places to be if you don't know whats going on. GO LEARN.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Party boy

painting in yards is fun because you actually might get chased, layups are just boring.

is this a joke? have you ever spent any time behind bars,and im not talking about juvinile hall.i am shure getting chased can be a rush but the first time you get caught and spend a couple days in central booking and then find out you are gonna spend a couple more in county that rush fades away i promise.i will take a chill layup with good cars to a active yard with great cars anyday

Guest SPFlatty
Originally posted by TED NUGENT

is this a joke? have you ever spent any time behind bars,and im not talking about juvinile hall.i am shure getting chased can be a rush but the first time you get caught and spend a couple days in central booking and then find out you are gonna spend a couple more in county that rush fades away i promise.i will take a chill layup with good cars to a active yard with great cars anyday

i'll second that...

Guest 87centHitMan

Yeah, the chase can be fun, depending on some very limited circumstances. If it's some dumbass hero, it's usually pretty amusing and fun, but when it's any type of government-appointed authority figure, that's when it loses the fun and gets serious.

Archived