freight backjumps???

arc7hyp-1

Okay so every night there some autoracks coming through the yard on their way to the lay up just outside of town. They drop about half the string off at this yard and take the first half to the layup and do some switching, messing about etc.. So the ass end half sits at the yard for a good 5-10 minutes maybe, long enough to do a quick burner anyway. then they come and take them away to the layup.

So, does hittin that ass end qualify as a backjump or whatever the fuck or is there some other fancy term for this method of destruction??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh yeah theres no doubt that i'll be hitting them. i've already caught tons of streaks then. just gotta work on some new fast shit before i start using paint. i was just wondering about some "cool" "slang" words to use instead of "hey guys wanna go hit those trains tonight when they are sitting there for a few minutes till they leave?" thats just way too much talking you know?

thanks

Guest PHYNE

ok maybe its the valiums i took talking but,wouldnt paintin a fr8 thats about to roll past workers etc have the fresh smell of paint fumes??

or the smell of the fumes heating the spot.....:confused:

i dunno my 2 cents.....

Originally posted by PHYNE

wouldnt paintin a fr8 thats about to roll past workers etc have the fresh smell of paint fumes??

shit, yeah. i never thought of that.

i know kids that have rocked outlines there but that aint shit.

im sure theres ways around it though. like hitting the side that faces the trees.

and breathing in all the fumes. i dunno.

they should make paint that smells like grease or oil.

Originally posted by PHYNE

ok maybe its the valiums i took talking but,wouldnt paintin a fr8 thats about to roll past workers etc have the fresh smell of paint fumes??

i dunno my 2 cents.....

dude you have to send me some valium hahaha

actually, i think most of the paint smell is from the gases in the can and not from the paint itself. but the smell dissipates fairly quickly anyway so i wouldent worry about it

thats what i thought. but still, paint or aerosol that smells different would be cool. that 'craft' silver at walmart is some stinkin ass shit right there, boy i'll tell ya.

either way its fukkin go time

well after the bills are paid maybe.

Originally posted by nG

yes thats a backjump. i'd do it, i imagine its a lot more exciting than what you usually do, and you get to see it roll away while the paint is wet. :cool:

yea I love that.

• 2 weeks later...

On the straight vocab tip, "backjumps" is a term that refers to riding a subway or passenger train to the end of the line, jumping off and hitting it right there in the station before it changes direction. Trains at an endstation usually sit longer than at on-line stops so there's a few more minutes to get over.

In that light, backjumps is a poor term to apply to freights. Even if you had hopped the freight and then painted it after you jumped off it would still be a stretch to call it that.

I just use the verb 'ambush' to describe the action you speak of.

ahh i see. now i know, and knowing is half the battle.

now that i've been benching alot more often lately i realize that they dont sit there for as long as i thought. IF they even do. and hollows/throwies are pointless on an autorack. so maybe i'll just jumpp on the last car and hitch a ride to the lay-up to paint. but probably not, thats pretty unsafe.

Archived