Freedom 25

RumPuncher

The Very Early Retirement Plan

hey working peoples,

give a little input here, s'ok?

• I've been working what I honestly consider
    a 'dream job' in that I get to be creative, I get
    paid well, I work with cool people and I fuck around
    most of the time, but I want a change. Like some kind of major change.
    Has this vibe hit any of you?

I know I'm a bit early for Saturn's Return

and way to early for a mid life crisis, but man...

I want out of here. I'd rather be sailing, for real!

experiences, plans or stories?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seriously,

I know people who work part time in the film thing,

probably only for a grand total of 4 months a year

and they managed to live those other 8 months rather well.

Anyone do this? or construction durring the summer? or a ski bum?

this 9-5 thing is starting to get to me.

Originally posted by <KEY3>

seriously,

I know people who work part time in the film thing,

probably only for a grand total of 4 months a year

and they managed to live those other 8 months rather well.

Anyone do this? or construction durring the summer? or a ski bum?

this 9-5 thing is starting to get to me.

You got vacation time? I get the work bug every once in awhile and usually using up all of my vacation at once and just sitting around doing absolutely nothing makes me feel better. Well, not absolutely nothing, but nothing productive.

I take lots of vacations already as it is.

I'm talking about a move into a simpler headspace.

Maybe become a postman, who tags!

I dunno. I just feel like I need a major change in Altitude.

I'm in the same boat...but for different reasons.

I've felt like I never really belonged in the city I'm in. After I bought a house and established roots...it only got worse.

I am looking at moving very seriously. I've been wanting to leave for a while...but never really had the ability to pull it off. I'm even considering a career change. One thing is for sure...I'm old enough...that I feel I have a very good grasp on what I want and what's important.

If I move...a lot of people are gonna freak out.

maybe more later. I gotta get back to wageslavin.

yeah... I always figured the location was right,

but now I'm a little more interested in being near the ocean.

yeah CILONE, I'm mostly comittment free.

No kids, no wife, no mortgage, some debt, but not for long.

working holidays are the best for this. Look around, see if you can find a job in a similar feild in a different county, see what the world has to offer.

Worst comes to worst you always have a good referance from your current employer to put on your resume right?

take chances, life/career/family and all that boring stuff will always be there, the age of 25 wont.

Well, I think you know where I stand on this situation, Key. I came to the conclusion that if I don't make a drastic change right now, i'm going to be stuck and unhappy for a long time to come. So, I just up and quit my job and am currently re-evaluating what it is exactly I'm supposed to be doing with myself. As SteveAustin said, I feel like I don't really belong in the city i'm in and am looking for something that will make me happy for the long run. I don't have anything tying me down right now, so now its just a matter of choosing a direction and following the road that it creates.

i deliver pizza, but i am about to relocate...where the delivery industry isnt like it is in new orleans.....but anyhow i dont care i hate new orleans now...but delivering food is fucking bad ass!! tips tips tips...100$ a nite booooo yaaaahh!!

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by <KEY3>

I've been working what I honestly consider

a 'dream job' in that I get to be creative, I get

paid well, I work with cool people and I fuck around

most of the time, but I want a change. Like some kind of major change.

Has this vibe hit any of you?

What do you do? Every job sucks at some point...

dream jobs are hard to come by. so maybe what you should be looking for is a small change instead of a major one. something like, new job, same field. a change of scene can return the fire for your career sometimes and usually can lead to a considerable raise. while changing to a new career could lead to the opposite, salary wise.

not sure how people work with one good job part of the year, not many companies are up for that, or are willing to hire someone who's resume reflects that.

career change is definatley in my future, but probably a year or so down the road.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

dream jobs are hard to come by. so maybe what you should be looking for is a small change instead of a major one.

this is good logic. not only are dream jobs hard to come by, but leaving one and finding another are even harder.

maybe you could go part-time instead of full-time? maybe work monday to thrusday instead of monday to friday? it would mean only a small sacrafice in your pay packet for 52 extra days a year of "me time"

Archived