free crack pipes!

Guest spectr

In the name of harm reduction, the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users has handed out 300 free crack-pipe kits to addicts.

Yesterday, president Rob Morgan vowed to distribute hundreds more.

"The [public] reaction has been pretty good," said Morgan. "There is definitely a need out there for this and we're just getting started."

Each of the 500 pipe kits contains a glass crack pipe, mouthpiece, push stick, draw screens, matches, alcohol swabs, Vaseline, bandages, a condom and smoking instructions.

Morgan said the idea behind the kits is to give Vancouver's estimated 2,000 crack addicts a safe and clean way to use their drug of choice and to prevent the spread of diseases like hepatitis C and HIV.

The kits are free. Users are asked to make a $1 donation where possible to help cover costs. "That helps keep the supply going," Morgan said. "It's all by donation."

The network has asked the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority for funding, but it won't commit any money until a study of the crack-kit giveaway is completed.

Morgan said similar programs in Ottawa and Winnipeg have recently been given funding.

Critics of the program contend it should not be funded with public money because it condones illegal drug use. The network has been lobbying for a crack-smoking room in Vancouver's safe injection site -- a plan backed by Mayor Larry Campbell -- but some groups, including the police union, are against it.

The one-year-old site's room was recently fitted with a heavy ventilation fan but awaits approval from Health Canada before it can be used.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html...95-3efe8b204a96

ok now these come with instructions on how to smoke crack, fuck these people are crackheads they know how to smoke it, and a crack smoking room, wow talk about great ideas. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what do you suppose we do about crackheads? get them off? cause that works so well. the folks in the des arent cleaning up soon. lets just try and prevent disease and death as much as we can. i think its safe to say we lost the war on drugs in 1992. unless those ads on arcade games really do work, just take 15 years.

its more expensive for the state to arrest someone, feed them, and lock them up, rather than to control it and make it safe. besides, theres just as much skag and crack in jail anyways. i think they should supply the junkies with a controlled amount of heroin, holland has implicated this and the crime rate dropped significantly. i think some other european countries have done the same? offer them treatment if they want it as well.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Nov 1 2004, 01:40 AM

what do you suppose we do about crackheads? get them off? cause that works so well. the folks in the des arent cleaning up soon. lets just try and prevent disease and death as much as we can. i think its safe to say we lost the war on drugs in 1992. unless those ads on arcade games really do work, just take 15 years.

its more expensive for the state to arrest someone, feed them, and lock them up, rather than to control it and make it safe. besides, theres just as much skag and crack in jail anyways. i think they should supply the junkies with a controlled amount of heroin, holland has implicated this and the crime rate dropped significantly. i think some other european countries have done the same? offer them treatment if they want it as well.

ok i comepletly agree with a bunch of your points but you missed the biggest point here these people are crackheads, maybe they dont have crackheads where you come from but if they do trust me you know what i mean, shit ok now i found humor in the fact that they give directions with the crack pipes on how to smoke crack, and seriously do you really think a room where crackheads can go and smoke crack is a good idea? shit you dont want these fuckers in larger numbers then they already are, fuck i know i wouldnt want to be the person who is working the front desk when the 30 crackheads run out of rock :yuck: ok now as far as a controlled amount of the drug goes, yeah sure, and i think they should offer treatment programs, and decriminalize all drugs, but it aint going to happen anytime soon, well at least not in this part of the world.

Gestapo them.

I watched a documentary where a bunch of drug addicts in Vancouver were pretty much unionizing and demanding more free drugs from the free drugs place.

Sure, I'd advertise free drugs. Then as soon as they were in line, I'd mow them down with a chain gun. It's one thing to be an addict, but an ungrateful for free drugs from the government addict - fuck that.

This free crack kit thing is stupid. I can't believe this country sometimes.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Nov 1 2004, 12:09 PM

Gestapo them.

I watched a documentary where a bunch of drug addicts in Vancouver were pretty much unionizing and demanding more free drugs from the free drugs place.

Sure, I'd advertise free drugs. Then as soon as they were in line, I'd mow them down with a chain gun. It's one thing to be an addict, but an ungrateful for free drugs from the government addict - fuck that.

This free crack kit thing is stupid. I can't believe this country sometimes.

"Opium addiction existed in China until the 1949 Communist revolution. In the 1950s the mandatory treatment of drug abusers and execution of dealers all but ended the nation's substance abuse problem.

The economic boom of the 1980s, however, brought a rise in drug abuse and drug trafficking. In 1997 Chinese officials estimated that nearly 500,000 people under the age of 35 were addicted to so-called "hard" drugs such as heroin and methamphetamines.

China's proximity to the "Golden Triangle" also has been a problem. The region where Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), Thailand and Laos meet is one of the world's largest producers of heroin.

In response, China has launched a "people's war against drugs," a reintroduction of some revolutionary anti-drug tactics, including death sentences for drug dealers and mandatory, rigorous treatment for addicts. "

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/specials/99...tent/drugs.html

it may work. either eradicating the users or the dealers chinese style.

i live in vancouver. me and inky and ese were just in that hood this weekend partying, so i do know what im saying. trust me, that neighborhood has looked alot worse than it does now. i guarntee within 10 or 15 years thats going to be a new yuppie hangout.

you cant just kill crackheads. they have an addiction that wont stop unless they want it to. so why not at least try and keep it somewhat sanitary, and somewhat safe? they are people with problems... we cant just ignore them. its alot easier to fall into that than you think. i know for a fact some of the junkies in the des used to be business men, and other white collar workers.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Nov 1 2004, 02:36 PM

its alot easier to fall into that than you think. i know for a fact some of the junkies in the des used to be business men, and other white collar workers.

I'm sorry but fuck that. All those people aimlessly wandering the streets smoking rock and acting like fucking psychos have no one to blame but themselves. It was there choice to pick that shit up and most people with half a brain know that crack is a dead end road. Life gets rough and we all need a release sometimes but if you start smoking crack to blow off steam you might as well practive driving your car off a cliff at 90 miles an hour.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Nov 1 2004, 02:36 PM

its alot easier to fall into that than you think. i know for a fact some of the junkies in the des used to be business men, and other white collar workers.

I'm sorry but fuck that. All those people aimlessly wandering the streets smoking rock and acting like fucking psychos have no one to blame but themselves. It was there choice to pick that shit up and most people with half a brain know that crack is a dead end road. Life gets rough and we all need a release sometimes but if you start smoking crack to blow off steam you might as well practive driving your car off a cliff at 90 miles an hour.

Yeah they are people with problems....problems they brought upon themselves. I went to jail a week or two ago and we were all sitting around talking shit and what not and this guy tells me a story about how a crackhead fucked a dog in the ass for a 20 dollar rock. And then the fuck came back 20 minutes later asking if he could fuck it again for more rock. How the fuck can you let yourself stoop this fucking low? It sickens me.

teeheehee mr rad pants is looking at the thread..

so much for lurking without being seen..

escobar

yea t.t boy is right on the money with this.

there are a myriad of reasons why and how a person can get hooked on crack,e,heroin, most if not all opiates

and how low they go depends on how strong they are and the enviroment that surrounds them..

hell i had a big problem with lsd when i was younger.

its a big scary world mang.

tt boy does make a point. but i know several crack addicts in my neighbourhood who are pretty much scum of the earth. They don't even want to quit. What would free drugs or paraphernilia do for them? If they catch a disease from smoking crack in some shithole with their e-tard girlfriends, then let them.

Nice people, but I don't give a fuck about them. These people who spend hundreds of dollars a day on this shit are fucked up. if you can't kill them, then maybe ignoring their problems is a better option.

You know crackheads who used to be white collared workers, and I know crackheads who used to be from good families who decided to pick up the pipe and stick with it. Man, I've done all sorts of drugs, including crack, and there is no reason for anyone to help me out with my problem by giving me drugs. Not that I have a problem, but you get me.

Originally posted by EarMuffs+Oct 31 2004, 09:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EarMuffs - Oct 31 2004, 09:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the worst part is Vancouver has a safe injection site were junkies can go and shoot heorin, in a nice warm dry safe spot... why wouldnt the have police there to arrest them...

[/b]

i'd rather have them in a nice warm spot AWAY from me.. than walking by Main and Hastings and seeing like needles and people searching for crack on the ground....

i wouldnt want to step on a needle or anything like that

<!--QuoteBegin-T.T Boy@Oct 31 2004, 10:55 PM

main and hastings most useless police station ever.

amen to this

I disagree with the idea that there can be multiple factors in becoming addicted to hard drugs. I think there is only one factor, yourself. I've seen my share of friends go down that path and I feel they have really no one to blame but themsleves. I'm just saying that when it boils down to it your resposible for what you do and what you put into your body. I'm down for keeping them away from the general public but like Weapon X said why help them out with there problem? It's like telling a depressed family memeber how to make a noose. It isn't helping anyone.

dude escobar you really have no clue..

rather than get all emotional..i'll just say i am currently dealing with a heroin user..and the way she got into it blows your theory the fuck out of the water..how can you say no when your boyfriend has his fists in a ball above your head?

bottom line ...addiction is so much more than just drugs..and stopping is so much easier to say than do