Free air fare on 9/11

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Spirit Airlines flights will be free on Sept. 11

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that all its flights on Sept. 11 will be free, saying the offer is a response to travelers' reluctance to fly on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks.

Calling it "a day of freedom to travel," Spirit CEO Jacob Schorr said, "The sky should be full of Americans on that day. This will show that we're not a nation that can easily be brought down."

He said he hopes other airlines will follow suit.

American and United, the nation's two biggest carriers, have said they are cutting back their Sept. 11 flight schedules based on weak bookings. No. 3 Delta is trimming flights for the entire work week of Sept. 9-13. Several European airlines also have canceled flights to the United States on Sept. 11.

Spirit has 90 scheduled flights with more than 13,000 seats on Sept. 11 — a typical number for a weekday, Schorr said. Bookings for that day were already down for the Fort Lauderdale-based airline, but customers who already paid for tickets will get credit for a future flight.

Travelers can take as many flights as they want on Sept. 11, but tickets must be reserved by Sept. 8. If the second leg of a round-trip flight is on another day, there will be no one-way penalty — the cost will be half of the round-trip fare.

Schorr estimated the giveaway will cost Spirit around $500,000.

"This will give people who otherwise couldn't afford it a reason to fly," Schorr said.

Spirit Airlines serves Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Atlantic City, N.J., Oakland, Calif., Myrtle Beach, S.C., New York, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by Smart

the CEO says "The skies should be full of Americans on 9/11".

the ceo is named: OMAR HUGUAD MUHAMMED tha 3rd

ill be staying home. :D;)

you can go someplace for free but you have to buy a one way back home...and I'm not sure buit I think those are just about as much as a round trip ticket...I could be wrong though....if I do decide to travel that day I will probably go to philly.

only an hour flight

Guest KING BLING

you said:

do they fly from england?

the article said:

Spirit Airlines serves Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Atlantic City, N.J., Oakland, Calif., Myrtle Beach, S.C., New York, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

you said:

I'm poor and it sounds cool but how the hell would I get back???

& another said:

free but you have to buy a one way back home...and I'm not sure buit I think those are just about as much as a round trip ticket.

the article said:

If the second leg of a round-trip flight is on another day, there will be no one-way penalty — the cost will be half of the round-trip fare.

you said:

the ceo is named: OMAR HUGUAD MUHAMMED tha 3rd

the article said:

Spirit CEO Jacob Schorr

Guest SPLINTER

this made me think about the sweepstakes where you get to fly to LA for free. since im already here, what do i get.

Guest whydontyudie
Originally posted by Smart

Spirit Airlines says all seats on 9/11 will be free, the CEO says "The skies should be full of Americans on 9/11".

So, who are you gonna visit?

yeah hes gettin paid by a terrorist group, go ahead and fly you dumbasses ahahahahahaahaahahah all you terrorists ride for free wheeeeeeeeeee

Archived