Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Free air fare on 9/11

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Spirit Airlines says all seats on 9/11 will be free, the CEO says "The skies should be full of Americans on 9/11".

So, who are you gonna visit?

2. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

i dont think that airlines services to hawaii:(

3. jah

jah Elite Member

no shit???? where did you hear that??? ive got to make a booking if thats true. i dont see how they can afford to do that though. here i come thailand... or hawaii, cant decide...

4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Unfortunatly, the only places that air line flies is to the pentagon and the world trade centers on that date. And the company is run by afghan's...

Hmmmmm.....

Sure, ill book a flight.

5. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

come to hawaii..im not going anywhere

6. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

Spirit Airlines flights will be free on Sept. 11

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that all its flights on Sept. 11 will be free, saying the offer is a response to travelers' reluctance to fly on the anniversary of the terrorist attacks.

Calling it "a day of freedom to travel," Spirit CEO Jacob Schorr said, "The sky should be full of Americans on that day. This will show that we're not a nation that can easily be brought down."

He said he hopes other airlines will follow suit.

American and United, the nation's two biggest carriers, have said they are cutting back their Sept. 11 flight schedules based on weak bookings. No. 3 Delta is trimming flights for the entire work week of Sept. 9-13. Several European airlines also have canceled flights to the United States on Sept. 11.

Spirit has 90 scheduled flights with more than 13,000 seats on Sept. 11 — a typical number for a weekday, Schorr said. Bookings for that day were already down for the Fort Lauderdale-based airline, but customers who already paid for tickets will get credit for a future flight.

Travelers can take as many flights as they want on Sept. 11, but tickets must be reserved by Sept. 8. If the second leg of a round-trip flight is on another day, there will be no one-way penalty — the cost will be half of the round-trip fare.

Schorr estimated the giveaway will cost Spirit around $500,000.

"This will give people who otherwise couldn't afford it a reason to fly," Schorr said.

Spirit Airlines serves Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Atlantic City, N.J., Oakland, Calif., Myrtle Beach, S.C., New York, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

7. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

kissmyass and i decided to go to nyc that day. we might stay for about 4 days. but we're taking advantage of it.

8. mos_j1

mos_j1 Member

hell yeah!
    NYC here I come!!

9. socrates

socrates Guest

I'm poor and it sounds cool but how the hell would I get back???

10. sneak

sneak Guest

san fransisco here i come mother fuckers!!!

do they fly from england?

11. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

so they ended up booking all 134,000 seats, 80% of them yesterday and in a matter of hours after they annouced this. And they will 'only' lose some $500,000.

12. postaholic

postaholic Guest

the ceo is named: OMAR HUGUAD MUHAMMED tha 3rd

ill be staying home. :D;)

13. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

that sounds like a dope offer, how quick yall think itll be too late to get up on it?

14. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

15. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Thats dope i am in support of this to the max. If i was older i would go to la or somthing. And then not have a way back.