Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Frank Miller

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by High Priest, Oct 29, 2004.

1. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Just bought a book on him.. anyway:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

3. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

an absolute fucking genius.

4. mr.brick

mr.brick New Jack

Sin City is on its way to being a movie!
    This is a good thing because Frank Miller is actually writing the script AND he is in the directing chair (along with Robert Rodriguez).

5. BruceWayne

BruceWayne New Jack

I love this guy. The movie better be black and white.

6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

i really dig sin city.
    fucking amazing.
    i hope they don't fuck up the movie.

jessica alba's in it.

7. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

His art is great but I don't think I've ever really read any of his books other than a few of the books from his Daredevil run when I was younger.

I'm gonna have to pick up Sin City before that shit becomes another half-assed movie. I have no faith in Jessica Alba.

8. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Then it's already ruined. I really wish they would have gone with no-name actors on this one. And the idea that it's on black and white... high contrast black and white at that... would be very cool and fitting.

And Hard Boiled is probably one of my faves. Though Elektra Assasin is amazing.

9. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

Jessica Alba .... Nancy Callahan
    Rosario Dawson .... Gail
    Elijah Wood .... Kevin
    Maria Bello .... Ava Lord
    Bruce Willis .... Hartigan
    Benicio Del Toro .... Jack Rafferty
    Michael Clarke Duncan .... Manute
    Carla Gugino .... Lucille
    Josh Hartnett .... The Salesman
    Michael Madsen .... Bob
    Jaime King .... Goldie/Wendy
    Brittany Murphy .... Shellie
    Clive Owen .... Dwight
    Mickey Rourke .... Marv
    Nick Stahl .... Junior/Yellow Bastard

"A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv (Mickey Rourke), who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him; an ex-photographer called Dwight (Clive Owen) who accidentally kills a hero cop and has to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan (Bruce Willis) who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit. All based on the brilliant graphic novels "Sin City", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller."

Release Date:
    April 1, 2005

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah, that's a hardcore cast.

thing is, it's been years since I've read Sin City or even Dark Knight. I had received a gift certificate for my birthday, but couldn't find the damn graphic novels.

Frank Miller is a talent and a half. This is my first time visiting this part of the forum. More comic book artists should get play because that's the only art form I know a bit about.

11. mr.brick

mr.brick New Jack

12. ENO ELPMIS

ENO ELPMIS Senior Member

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

those stills look fuckin good actually

14. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

15. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

go to www.apple.com
    click "quicktime"
    then go to "more movie trailers"
    then on the left hand side..scroll down a little and you can click to see the sin city trailer.
    its on movie fone.com too, but it plays better off the apple site....

pure genius.
    im going to be there, front seat without a seat belt damnit.