FRANCES THE MUTE

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's release date is the 1st, and Volta will be touring in support for the album during the spring. I have yet to hear the full album, Just Cygnus and the Widow (Both of which you can find on limewire) and i was pleased with both.

Very cool that they are starting to have a little bit of commercial success.

damn i should've done that price honored shit

eh 6.99 i can't complain

but the album is great and whoever liked the first one and not this one, must be just saying that to sound cool because it sounds like to me they haven't strayed from their formula.

also i think drugs wouldn't really doing anything for ya while listen to it - maybe scare the shit out of you when the music goes from soft to Bang

I need a few more listen's to really let this album sink in, but from what ive caught so far tracks 1-5 have all been solid (Granted, much better with head phones.) I also think the addition of the strings section on this album really gives Volta a stronger more "haunting" sound..very cool, im enjoying it.

it is a fantastic record by a fantastic band that sounds exactly like a whole lot of fantastic bands from the 70's (but better and more rocking).

i fronted on them for a long time cause i kind of knew how good they were and didnt want to be confronted with that right then. now im ready though.

Originally posted by bZerkEr@Mar 2 2005, 10:09 PM

yea man every one should get this cd.....

very mellow and kool.....

something you want to hear when your feeling down and shitty...

makes u feel even more down and shitty....

the good thing....dont you love that feeling

I masterbate to this feeling........uhhhhhhhhohhhhhhhh

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 2 2005, 03:33 PM

You didn't want to be confronted with good music?

yeah. sometimes you're just not ready to deal with something. they're not an 'easy listening' kind of band. theres a lot of cool interesting stuff going on..i knew if i tried listening to it when i was in full on 'lil wayne' mode, i wouldnt be able to put my heart into it. now it's all good though.

Originally posted by Issac Brock@Mar 3 2005, 06:24 PM

Ha, was just listening to it and then i see this thread. Record time had it for $8.99 which was very impressive, but i guess its cheap all over. Anywho, very good album, very very good. Is it better than De-loused? I don't think so, but not sure.

Depend's on what you're looking for in an album. If you want structured songs and track listings - go with deloused in the comatorium, which is more coherent and more or less like a typical release (tracks are sectioned etc.) - however, if like seeking said, you want to "confront" the music, then Frances is the way to go. Out of the two, Frances is much more in tune with what they sound like live.