Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

fr8 trains have moved graffiti

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by metallix, Feb 17, 2002.

1. metallix

metallix Elite Member

freight trains have moved graffiti into the mid west. it is the next wave of graffiti. upski said it and now it's happening. why is this board 90% of fr8's? because for these kids its the only way to communicate with the outside graffiti world. The only way they can connect to this graffiti world is thru freights. Graffiti is providing these kids and escape from their regular lives. this is why they value it so much.

A little thinking from metallix. Thanks for reading.

2. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Im interested in your replies, 12oz members. This isn't to encourage flame wars, rather just "real" replies. thanks.

3. cmeup

cmeup Veteran Member

everyone already knows this, and umm its like that everywhere... meaning fr8s are popular now for that reason you mentioned...

and ummm why isnt this in trainspotting?

and no one wants to reply cuz there isnt much to discuss..

teaseWITHthaHEADSup<~

4. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

ok slugger, this is a trainspotting post.

nice topic by the way..

5. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i dont fully agree with the reason why you say graffiti is valued so much , i dont do graffiti to escape my "regular life".........graffiti is my regular life .

i agree that fr8s are popular for that reason , but also for other reasons like just the fun of being in a yard and being around trains......the 'thrill' of doing a sikk fr8 and having many other ppl see it , and getting away with it

6. muthafuckinfatso

muthafuckinfatso Member

fumes have been making me worried lately. Is there more coyotes in the midwest then other parts? yeah them kids gotta get up.

7. krowteN

krowteN Guest

i agree, your kind of stating the obvious. not leaving much to discuss.
    dont get me wrong its a great topic just not meaty enough to have a discussion.

8. metallix

metallix Elite Member

sorry, i just realized that last night. im not really down with any hip hop kids. the internet is my bridge into it also. i don't paint with anyone, i dont socialize with any heads too much either. i go into nyc sometimes to check out the graff. graffiti put me onto the rest of the traditional culture, such as the music and skratching. but thats just one form of it. its so undefined it can be anything

9. metallix

metallix Elite Member

i never thought into it. i see things at a shallow point. other people seem to have deeper thinking into these things. maybe they care about it more. i live in the suburbs and the graffiti ends when i shut off my computer. maybe that has something to do with it.

10. Asid

Asid Guest

hrmm

I could relate to your opinion... When I saw the first peice roll by my school I said, damn I need to look into that...From then on ive been going into the closest big city which is St.louis and benching etc....and no one else knows about this...

11. THAINFAMOUS1

THAINFAMOUS1 New Jack

i hate hoppers

hoppers are the only freights around here and it sucks

12. Icabod_Crane

Icabod_Crane Junior Member

shit on frieghts seems to stay up a lot longer...street is good but that's just local. moving metal is where it's at.