FR8 SECURITY OR NOT???

fr8yardjunky

A ? FOR CRACKED ,ESE,ETC...

I HAVE VISITED THIS SMALL TOWN YARD ABOUT 4 TIMES ,FOR A WEEK AT A TIME IN THE LAST 3 YEARS . THE TOWN AND YARD WAS PRETTY CLEAN EXCEPT FOR THE ?LOVES ? CRAP . NO SECURITY AT THE YARD AT ALL WHICH WAS OWENED BY CN AT THE TIME , NOW A SHORT LINE.

I LIVE IN THIS TOWN NOW AND THERE SEEMS TO BE A FEW KIDS THAT LOVE TO BOWB ,IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT. WHOM I HAVE YET TO COME IN CONTACT WITH. SENCE THE MERGE OF LINE OWENERSHIP A RECYCLING FACILITY COMPLETE WITH DRIVE ON SCALE HAS MOVED IN AND SHARES THE PROPERTY. I BELEIVE THAT THE RECYCLING COMPANY HAS INSTALLED THE VIDEO CAMERAS BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION AND THE ANGLE OF ONE SPECIFICLY. BUT THERE IS ONE THAT DRAWS MY ? WHICH MAY JUST VIEW THE ROAD BUT ALSO MAY VIEW THE LINES .

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THEY SHARE THE CAMERAS ? AND IF SO CAN THEY USE A FISHEYE LENS IN THE BIG BULKY WHITE CAMERA? WHATS THE DISTANCE THEY CAN VIEW IF ANY BODY NOWS?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Is the recylcling center fenced in? What type of material do they handle? If its scrap steel or maybe some type of "expensive" scrap metal I would believe the camera would just be used by the recycling center. Did the camera get put up after the recyling center started operations or once the shortline took over operations?

If the shortline operates the yard I doubt they would have that kind of money to spend on security, most shortlines barely have enough money to maintain their trackage. But like you said their are kids who "paint" there, so maybe the shortline is trying to combat graff. Some shortlines depending on the area have engineers/brakemen who double as security, the employees carry firearms on the job.

Sorry I can't help you out on the mechanics of the camera issue.

Nine times out of ten a camera is only there to record for when something happens. If nothing happens you'll usually be fine. Companies will throw those tapes into archived vaults or often will just tape over them week after week. No need in storing a bunch of useless tapes of that Cotton Belt hoper just sitting on the tracks for a week, right? They'll only view the tapes when something happened, such as a break in. Now I wouldn't do a wholecar. I can't believe the amount of kids who believe non-writers don't notice brand new wholecars. I'd lay low and stick to doing simples at first until you know it's chill enough to burn panels. Several of my spots have cameras pointed right down at the cars and I've had no trouble. I think it's more for breaking in than anything. Seems to me, that would be a lot of trouble just to bag some vandals. The cost of putting in cameras, paying a fat ass to monitor them, and materials to archive wouldn't be worth catching a few artists in the act. That's too much money just for a little ole freight raper. Stay out of the camera's view as much as possible. Never paint directly in the camera's view either, that's just askin for trouble. But if you avoid the eye as much as possible, paint in the blind spots, and leave, you should be okay. Just pray no one ever breaks into any cars the same night you got your mug on camera.

Common sense is all of our best friends and unfortunately most of us lack any trace of it.

Archived