formula 1

Tough Love

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

map.jpg

CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS

The Monaco Grand Prix is the one race of the year that every driver dreams of winning. Like the Indy 500 or Le Mans, it stands alone, almost distinct from the sport from which it was born. A combination of precision driving, technical excellence and sheer bravery is required to win in Monte Carlo, facets which highlight the differences between the great and the good in Formula One.

m2.jpg

The Armco barrier-lined circuit leaves no margin for error, demanding more concentration that any other Formula One track. Cars run with maximum downforce and brakes are worked hard. Overtaking is next to impossible so qualifying in Monaco is more critical than at any other Grand Prix.

m1.jpg

The Portier corner is key to achieving a good lap time around Monaco. It is preceded by the Loews hairpin, the slowest corner in Formula One, and followed by the tunnel, one of the few flat-out sections of the track. Some great names have ended their races in the barriers here, most notably Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.

m3.jpg

To win in Monaco places a driver's name on a list that includes many of history's all-time greats. Both Graham Hill, the man nicknamed 'Mr Monaco', and Schumacher have won it five times, Alain Prost took four victories, whilst Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart each won here three times. But the record of wins in the Principality resides with the Senna, who won in Monte Carlo six times.

m4.jpg

The race has been a regular fixture of the world championship since 1955, but in that time the circuit has changed remarkably little. Slight alterations were made for the 2003 event, in particular a new, gentler entry to the Rascasse corner, with even bigger changes added in 2004, with a new pit complex and increased spectator capacity.

d05mon135.jpg

Monaco is approximately 20 minutes from Nice by train and the fast road links make travelling by car or taxi an easy option. There is a helicopter shuttle service to and from Monte Carlo, which takes roughly seven minutes.

m5.jpg

France's Nice Cote d'Azur is Monaco's nearest international airport, lying approximately 37km away.

m6.jpg

Monte Carlo can be reached by car by using the A7 highway. There are also rail links available from Nice and a shuttle-bus that runs every 15 minutes. Bus journeys to Monaco take around 45 minutes

m7.jpg

source

hahaha in case you dont hear it enough from me on myspace

nascar....yes...boring as all hell. I think thats why there are so many wrecks. dudes get sick and tired of just turning left.

maybe in order to have an appreciation for racing....you have to have that speed addiction. I can practicly feel the rush of speed when I see cars racing.

yeah MOTO GP is pretty entertaining too.

when i was watching the barcelona f1 race, one of the commentators mentioned his experience in an f1 car. he said the g forces you pull when accelerating or breaking are so strong that he had a hard time keeping his head straight. he said it was so tough physically that he had a really hard time seeing since his head kept getting bobbled around. I cant even imagine what that must feel like. although id do anything to try it once.

i've been watching f1 since i was old enough to hold my neck in place long enough to look at a tv.

however, this year...

i think i've watched maybe two stops.

fuck the f1 officials. fuck the new rules. fuck them turning f1 into nascar. fuck them. fuck them. fuck them.

all moto gp for me this year