Forbidden thoughts about 9/11

Poop Man Bob

From Salon.com: "Last week, in a story about the forbidden thoughts that crept or leapt into the minds of otherwise polite Americans as they heard about the attacks on Sept. 11, we invited readers to reveal their own quiet heresies via email. Hundreds of readers wrote, and a selection of their responses are printed below"

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2002/09/1...ters/index.html

A few samples:

"I worked at a prominent chain of sex stores. On Sept. 11, I worked there all day, and as weirdo after weirdo came in, oblivious to the fact that hijacked airplanes had just crashed into and destroyed American landmarks and killed thousands of people (at that time, people were guessing up to 50,000 plus), I thought, Godammit. Of all the times to be on commission at a fucking sex store ..."

"Dubya should write Osama a thank-you note. Remember the campaign slogan "I'm a uniter, not a divider"? Osama got the job done for him. "

"I love to watch the footage, over and over. I'm looking forward to the anniversary just because the videos will be played again. People claim they don't like to see the images, but I don't believe it for a second. I was sorry I missed footage of people jumping, because you just don't see that too often and that is rarely replayed. "

"A friend of mine noted, as all the flag bumper stickers and crap started getting slapped up all over houses, cars and work cubbies, that some people weren't even really sticking the stickers on their cars -- they were scotch-taping them to the inside of their car windows. It was as if they knew that their surge of patriotic feeling would fade, and they wouldn't want to be left looking like a hick with the stupid flag sticker left on their car. Totally cynical, but I think that's true. "

"I started a doomed business last year and at the time of the attacks I was two months behind on my mortgage and facing foreclosure on my house. Somehow, mixed in with fears concerning WWIII, attacks on the West Coast, and the welfare of my New York friends, my mind kept saying, Maybe my mortgage company was in one of the towers. The thought was accompanied by this involuntary, gleeful little zing of hope. Maybe the records were destroyed. Zing. I might not have to pay my mortgage for years until they sort this out. Zing. "

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the first reply is the original post. they had to think of the topic and reply to it. ;)

dont debate my rationalization, its the only way i keep my sanity around here these days.

Guest --zeSto--
yeah, but we didnt have any trophies like those guys..

well with reasoning like "the first reply is the original post. they had to think of the topic and reply to it." ...

I see why you dont have any trophies.

poop man - thanks for clearing that up. I didn't think it was directed at me.

Guest --zeSto--

"im hanging on by a thread here, man" < double entendre ?

back on topic...

I was amazed that something so big was pulled off at all.

This was no pipe-bomb or an assination, this was BIG TIME!

On the scale of terror attacks, this one is 10 out of 10.

Just awe struck.

I didn't go to work this morning , instead I laid around in bed naked while my equally naked girlie danced around throwing paper airplanes at my erect penis... then for the sex... then we both mourned as we looked at the useless pile of rubble the once mighty tower had become... then we sealed of 'ground zero' and when she gets home I'm gonna have her work on erecting a monument.

I had another friend who watched the towers go down from Brooklyn, didn't know what to do to get out his sudden rage against Arabs, so he opened his refrigerator and started throwing out all his Middle Eastern food, yelling as he tossed items one by one into the garbage: "Fuck this baba ghanoush! We don't need their fucking pita bread!" I won't even tell you what he did to the hummus.

:lol:......that site is great

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

"I love to watch the footage, over and over. I'm looking forward to the anniversary just because the videos will be played again. People claim they don't like to see the images, but I don't believe it for a second. I was sorry I missed footage of people jumping, because you just don't see that too often and that is rarely replayed. "

THHHhhhhhhhhhhhats me.

to be honest i think they look awesome

Guest postaholic

forbidden thoughts.................

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how about:

...i did it?

:heated:

I don't like this thread much at all.

I know being cynical is all cool and sophisticated, but I don't like it in this instance. When I was in the Marines, we were cynical as hell about death, but not the deaths of innocent people--we were cynical about our own possible deaths. When I think of all those people, those secretaries and janitors and file clerks and marketing interns, in agony as they burned to death in a flood of burning kerosene, it makes me feel very sick. I saw the live broadcast news feeds of people jumping to their deaths to avoid being burned alive. The chaplain of the New York City Fire Department was hit and killed by a falling person. Scores of bodies littered the area around the towers, either people blown out windows by the explosions, or people who jumped.

When I was watching it on TV, I kept thinking over and over, "Boy, these motherfuckers are going to pay out the ass for this shit."

I wish I was a fly on the wall at the interrogation rooms of the Al-Quaida section at the Eygyptian secret police headquarters. I bet those bastards beg to be killed. And I bet they wish they had never heard of Osama Bin Laden and Al-Quaida. Mother fuckers.

well, I don't care what KaBar says, the sex was great...

I've been through too much personal loss over so many years that I'm not gonna take a day out to mourn 2500 strangers... I don't even TRY to suggest that we should diminish the memory of those lost in the attack but even on my days of personal loss, which now number 17, I spend my day the same as others but I thik of the loss more than usual (which is about every other day for every single person)...

9/11 (what 7 years now?) is my best buddy's wedding anniversary and they are the best people with great kids (RIP baby Louis) and I choose to remember 9/11 as just that... 9/10 one year ago, Mr G. died and baby Thomas was born...

At this point, I'm tired of looking to the past with pause, let's not forget but let's look to the future...

that is to say, I mourned the loss of the WTC victims last year when it was their time, remembrance isn't something I need much help with

Guest willy.wonka

i was happy during that first week..i was so glad somebody shoved 2 airplanes down americas throat, my friends were getting kinda pissed at me..i told them that bush knew..they were informed, that wars make money and thats why...

Guest willy.wonka

if they dont build a proper memorial...and stick four office buildings up, i promise you i will make the trip to new york and piss on each of them.

Archived