Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Forbidden thoughts about 9/11

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

From Salon.com: "Last week, in a story about the forbidden thoughts that crept or leapt into the minds of otherwise polite Americans as they heard about the attacks on Sept. 11, we invited readers to reveal their own quiet heresies via email. Hundreds of readers wrote, and a selection of their responses are printed below"

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2002/09/1...ters/index.html

A few samples:

"I worked at a prominent chain of sex stores. On Sept. 11, I worked there all day, and as weirdo after weirdo came in, oblivious to the fact that hijacked airplanes had just crashed into and destroyed American landmarks and killed thousands of people (at that time, people were guessing up to 50,000 plus), I thought, Godammit. Of all the times to be on commission at a fucking sex store ..."

"Dubya should write Osama a thank-you note. Remember the campaign slogan "I'm a uniter, not a divider"? Osama got the job done for him. "

"I love to watch the footage, over and over. I'm looking forward to the anniversary just because the videos will be played again. People claim they don't like to see the images, but I don't believe it for a second. I was sorry I missed footage of people jumping, because you just don't see that too often and that is rarely replayed. "

"A friend of mine noted, as all the flag bumper stickers and crap started getting slapped up all over houses, cars and work cubbies, that some people weren't even really sticking the stickers on their cars -- they were scotch-taping them to the inside of their car windows. It was as if they knew that their surge of patriotic feeling would fade, and they wouldn't want to be left looking like a hick with the stupid flag sticker left on their car. Totally cynical, but I think that's true. "

"I started a doomed business last year and at the time of the attacks I was two months behind on my mortgage and facing foreclosure on my house. Somehow, mixed in with fears concerning WWIII, attacks on the West Coast, and the welfare of my New York friends, my mind kept saying, Maybe my mortgage company was in one of the towers. The thought was accompanied by this involuntary, gleeful little zing of hope. Maybe the records were destroyed. Zing. I might not have to pay my mortgage for years until they sort this out. Zing. "

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

3. cletus

cletus Junior Member

My husband and I were playing Jenga afterward. When the Jenga collapsed, I shouted "North Tower." Then the second round of the game, we shouted, "South Tower." Now we don't call it Jenga anymore. We call it North Tower.

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

5. beardo

beardo Guest

i take great comfort in knowing that the only true first post in a thread is the one at the very top.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

not first post silly.... first reply!

7. beardo

beardo Guest

the first reply is the original post. they had to think of the topic and reply to it. ;)

dont debate my rationalization, its the only way i keep my sanity around here these days.

8. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

http://colfa2.utsa.edu/home2/images/Debate%20team.jpg'>

so you were on the debate team beardo ?

10. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I was not referring to you in xbox's thread. I like you. Xbox, me no likey.

In case you were wondering.

:eek:

11. beardo

beardo Guest

yeah, but we didnt have any trophies like those guys..

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

well with reasoning like "the first reply is the original post. they had to think of the topic and reply to it." ...

I see why you dont have any trophies.

poop man - thanks for clearing that up. I didn't think it was directed at me.

13. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

"When I heard that there had been over $1 billion in private donations, I asked myself where was this money before? Why hadn't it been donated to help the homeless, children who do not have access to an education, people who do not have access to healthcare?"

I feel ya knockin sista.

14. beardo

beardo Guest

its just that far outside the box, zesto

i said dont debate it with me, im hanging on by a thread here, man

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

"im hanging on by a thread here, man" < double entendre ?

back on topic...

I was amazed that something so big was pulled off at all.
    This was no pipe-bomb or an assination, this was BIG TIME!
    On the scale of terror attacks, this one is 10 out of 10.
    Just awe struck.