Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

for the smart guys

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by timeago, Sep 19, 2003.

1. timeago

timeago Junior Member

Does anyone know where i can get a good quote saying that "Most people who are homeless develope schizophrenia." ?

2. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Wesley Willis.

4. timeago

timeago Junior Member

[​IMG] thanks for saying good luck

5. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

yeah right here:

6. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

This thread is quite baffling...
    What do you need exactly?

7. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

Google, then homelessness+schizophrenia. It's that easy blad.

8. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

Most homeless people DON'T develop schizophrenia, but rather have it and then become homeless. Correlation never implies causation either....

9. timeago

timeago Junior Member

I already have plenty of info on the fact that plenty of homeless people have mental disorders before they live on the street. I had some info that i can't find anymore that said that the homeless people who were not mentally ill before living on the street will develope schizophrenia in time. This is because they are opposite to society so long that they begin to only see themselves as separate. I'm trying to find that information again. I've been trying google, thanks.

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

there's your smart guy right there.
    And seing as schizophrenia isn't a viral disease, you cant go catching
    it from the street. Schizophrenia has nothing to do with 'seing yourself
    as seperate' from society. That would make ever angst ridden teen and
    graffiti writer a schizto, and that's not the case. Schizophrenia is a treated
    with drugs for the most part, so it's a chemical condition and cant be developped just from being homeless.

how about you reword your thesis.

"Many homeless people vithdraw from normal, functioning society".
    "There is a large rate of addiction with the homless that could be mistaken for mental conditions."

or
    "Homeless people have enough shit to deal with without being called crazy."

11. timeago

timeago Junior Member

You can develope schizophrenia because it is a chemical imbalance. Separating yourself mentally from society can cause paranoia, which can cause a chemical imbalance. Paranioa is also one of the mental disorders that can make up schitzophrenia. Schitzophrenia is different combonations of many disorders. Most people develope it between the ages of 17-35. Alcohol can also cause the chemical imbalance which leads to schizo. I appreciate the feed back. Thanks. Oh Yeah, most graffiti writers are probably going to end up schizophrenic. Correlation never implies causation, but thats exactly where I started from, and that doesn't limit what the possiblity of causation is.

12. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i don't know much about schizophrenia, but i do
    know that at least some people with it experience
    extreme paranoia..like the worst fear you can
    imagine.

13. kemekill

kemekill Member

Why don't you just get off your ass and do a little research before bluntly and arrogantly labeling people with mental disorders, and then asking for a 12oz psychiatrist to back up your theory.

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

"I'm not crazy! Your the one that's crazy! Your driving me crazy!"-SxTx
    This post reminds me of this site I found a long time ago that was a dedicated quote database. Wish I had that URL now.

15. joe blow

joe blow New Jack

Point.