Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

for book dorks only

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by THE CORONER, Aug 7, 2004.

1. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

whos your favorite author and poet of all time??

Lovecraft-the shunned house, or call of cthulu
    Yeats-anything this man has ever written

2. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

im a fan of richard pryor myself...

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/P/htmlP/pryorrichar/pryorricharIMAGE/pryorrichar.jpg'>

(1974) book titled: [i]That Nigger's Crazy[/i]

classic material

3. gatita

gatita Senior Member

I dont really have a favorite author, I wish I could say I did... well, a lot of Sophocles plays do it for me.. Im a big Antigone and Oedipus fan.. But I do have many favorite books.

Books I'd recommend: AHWOSG by Dave Eggers, High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, Bodega Dreams by Ernesto Quinonez, Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

Right now Im reading My Less Than Secret Life by Jonathan Ames. Hilarious memoir. Im stuck on it like glue.

4. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

highly influenced by nietzsche's "human, all too human," william s. burroughs, cormac mccarthy, the poetry of langston hughes and stephen crane (i recommend picking up both of their complete poetry works), henry miller's "quiet days in clichy," jack kerouac, poetry of william carlos williams is amazing, kafka's diaries

5. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

favorite author(s) would be william gibson and neil stephenson...
    almost done reading shogun by james clavell... this is now one of my favorite books, right behind neuromancer and the diamond age...

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

7. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

whoever wrote catch 22

8. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 Member

Joseph Heller, I looked for that book for months and finally got it for free @ a flea martket. Does anybody buy their books used? It's really fun hunting books and getting your book for quarters as appose to hard cash.

Fave author j.d. sallinger

9. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Still Life With Woodpecker by tom robbins and Choke by Chuck P. ..

Both magnificently written. Mmmm.

There are a lot of books that I want to read.. but I know that so much is lost in translation that I don't even try.

10. &Lobotomized

&Lobotomized New Jack

My favorite author is Donna Williams.
    My favorite poet is John Keats.

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

where do you live? i am under the impression (due to your name) that I know you.

12. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

of course i buy used. why pay full price. ive found some rare gems used book hunting. one of my favs is an original copy of "to paint is to love again." its a rare henry miller book and contains pics of his watercolor paintings which are amazing.

13. bEka

bEka Junior Member

i dont normally like science fiction, but philip k dick's books are intriguing.

14. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

Well my favorite book of all time is The Divine Comedy Vol. 1: Inferno. By Dante Aleghieri

15. bathoræ

bathoræ Member

favorite author: Hermann Hesse
    favorite poet: Anne Sexton