for book dorks only

THE CORONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont really have a favorite author, I wish I could say I did... well, a lot of Sophocles plays do it for me.. Im a big Antigone and Oedipus fan.. But I do have many favorite books.

Books I'd recommend: AHWOSG by Dave Eggers, High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, Bodega Dreams by Ernesto Quinonez, Slaughter House Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

Right now Im reading My Less Than Secret Life by Jonathan Ames. Hilarious memoir. Im stuck on it like glue.

highly influenced by nietzsche's "human, all too human," william s. burroughs, cormac mccarthy, the poetry of langston hughes and stephen crane (i recommend picking up both of their complete poetry works), henry miller's "quiet days in clichy," jack kerouac, poetry of william carlos williams is amazing, kafka's diaries

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

whoever wrote catch 22

Joseph Heller, I looked for that book for months and finally got it for free @ a flea martket. Does anybody buy their books used? It's really fun hunting books and getting your book for quarters as appose to hard cash.

Fave author j.d. sallinger

Originally posted by SeYnO9

It's really fun hunting books and getting your book for quarters as appose to hard cash.

word. i wish i did more. i havent bought a non school book myself since..fuck, i couldnt even tell you. but i stare longingly at the used bookstore whenever i drive by one.

actually i bought that life 100 photographs that changed the world, but that was with a gift certificate i got.

man, i couldnt even tell you a favorite of anything. ive read all my books so many times. i like 95 percent of the ones on my shelf. and ive probably read most of the ones i like at least six times.

*however, its summer right now, and when i have free time in the summers i read my anne of green gables books. super good. but most boys would think theyre too girly though. theyre really well written and have a lot of social commentary in them.

maybe i should see if i have a fine on my public card and start that again. ehh...

johndoe, don't be a faghag.

I have lots of favorite authors, William Gibson, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Phillip K. Dick, Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan), Steve Niles (horror comic book king), Sam Keith, Brian Micheal Bendis.

Don't read much poetry, Robert Frost is pretty good.

Originally posted by fermentor666

johndoe, don't be a faghag.

I have lots of favorite authors, William Gibson, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Phillip K. Dick, Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan), Steve Niles (horror comic book king), Sam Keith, Brian Micheal Bendis.

Don't read much poetry, Robert Frost is pretty good.

robert frost is the shit i love his work, if u like the authors above i suggest you check out any book by Bentley Little or Richard Laymon,

its some good shit

whats with the Johndoe try to be like KR430?

Originally posted by why write?

but some shit i like is wheel of time collection

i've read all of those. i got the first one when it first came out way long time ago and recently re-read them when i was travelling.

i'm not into that genre really, but those books suck me in. good stuff. did you know theres a prequel out now too?

oh and....

attn: THE CORONER

A PERIOD IS USED AT THE END OF A THOUGHT OR STATEMENT. FOR A GUY MAKING THREADS ABOUT BOOKS AND SAYING HE LOVES TO READ, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE FACT THAT EVERYONE THINKS YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD, IT FIGURES YOU'D KNOW THIS SIMPLE THING THAT THEY TEACH YOU IN GRADE TWO.

thank you for your time.

*edit* haha yeah.

sorry effyoo can u teach me how to be as smart and intelligent as you and im sorry sir, if i offended you with my periods because i know that you are a true e-god with so much brilliant insight and i thank god every day and nite that you have decided, in all your wisdom to show us the way, the light even, so that at the end of that dark tunnel we too can be like you

thank god for you ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Archived