Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

For All The "Depressed" Heads On Here...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ted Wakowski, May 14, 2002.

1. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

For All The Depressed Heads On Here...

This is for all the people dropping posts on here about how shitty they think their lives are:

Last night I'm chillin at this park in the center of my city with a friend and we come across this dude sitting on a concrete block drawing a picture. He was doing someone's name with markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. It was quality stuff so we started watching him work.

I asked him a couple of questions and started to find out about this guy's life.

He had been shot in the head years earlier by a stray bullet fired from a window at random, which left him clinically dead for 38 minutes. Amazingly he lived but, when he recovered, doctors found that his nerves had grown back in around the bullet. He said having it removed could kill him or screw his brain up even more so he was stuck with the thing lodged up in the top of his head (I actually felt the deep "gash" left in his skull). The effects of this left him in a bad state -- he lost complete control of his bowels, has certain mental problems and as a result can't hold down a job (Social Security Income, he said, might at least be on the way in the future). He mentioned that his wife left him after his problems became more than she could deal with. To top it off he showed me his leg -- covered in spotty red sores -- and said he that he's diabetic and might need to have it cut off.

What really got my attention is that while we were talking he mentioned all these ideas he had for stories and novels, which were surprisingly well thought out and dope. His art was fuckin' clean and he showed me his kicks, which were still kinda new, and said that he finds them thrown away behind certain stores and brings 'em back for himself and other homeless heads to wear, along with other clothes and shit.

Basically, the guy was just an intelligent, well-spoken dude. If I had met him in another situation I would have probably had no clue he was out on the streets. But he was shot in the head and that's where he ended up. Not comfortably chilling in a carpeted, air-conditioned room like mine or even at the very least up in a shitty apartment making ends meat. He was out on a block in the park doing sketches for 4 bucks a piece with a fresh pair of clothes next to him in case he suddenly shit himself in front of everyone walking by.

Picture living like that.

2. beardo

beardo Guest

i am saying "word"

3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

4. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

damn i wish this room had carpeting...

5. dik.n.ur.ear

dik.n.ur.ear Senior Member

sucks for him....no matter who you are there is always someone who is worse off....just imagine the guy that has more troubles than this guy....

6. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

^ True. I wasn't trying to bring people down with this post or anything, just pointing out that it's easy to forget how rough shit can really be.

7. Agt. Adopus

Agt. Adopus Guest

http://www.stax.net/~goldneye/ronstuff/broken/images/ledhed.jpg'>

I GOT SHOT IN THE HEAD. WHAT ABOUT MY FAME?!?

8. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Haha, yo you should jump on a path to Broad St. in Newark. Cheap, leopard-print rugs out the frame...

9. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

first of all ted, there's not much that could make me go to jersey, least of all carpeting, second... my swivel chair wouldn't roll proper on carpet

10. el barto

el barto Elite Member

^^ good im sure jersey doenst need a fuck like you there, in fact dont go anywhere stay in a cave and stop cursign people with your horrid posts.

11. TEE_rase_war

TEE_rase_war Senior Member

wow. That guy is lucky to be alive, good for him that he is out trying...

12. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. fizm

fizm Member

take him in. take him writing w/ you

15. I don't mean to be the asshole in the thread, but there's something shady about that story. All those symptoms you described (spotty sores, no control over bowels) are also side effects from intense heroin addiction... there is a possibility the man may have been hiding the truth in order to win your sympathy. If this is not the case, then that guy gets major props. Beer,

El Mamerro