fooling the system: speeding tickets/points...

slightly

I have acourt date coming up, and while im going to try and get out of this speeding ticket, I heard this modus operondi from a freind of a freind to avoid points on your record and am considering giving it a go:

When giving the payment, write a check for five, or ten dollars more than what is being asked. Now, this dude told me they will return the rest of your money in the mail with another check and supposedly if you dont cash the check they returned to you, then all the transactions of the court arent complete. And the only way points can be added to your record are after all transactions are complete.

can i verify this transactions thing? no, certainly not. but im hoping somebody here will be able to hook up the knowledge.

-slightly broke and thinking about bombing the insurance company

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

always plead not guility and always request a supporting deposition when you return the ticket with your plea. (lawyer or not) if they do not send the supporting deposition with in 30 days, the charges will be dismissed.

i would get a lawyer for any moving violation. i lost my license and it isn't worth it. pay the lawyer, get off scott free.

Originally posted by slightly

I have acourt date coming up, and while im going to try and get out of this speeding ticket, I heard this modus operondi from a freind of a freind to avoid points on your record and am considering giving it a go:

When giving the payment, write a check for five, or ten dollars more than what is being asked. Now, this dude told me they will return the rest of your money in the mail with another check and supposedly if you dont cash the check they returned to you, then all the transactions of the court arent complete. And the only way points can be added to your record are after all transactions are complete.

can i verify this transactions thing? no, certainly not. but im hoping somebody here will be able to hook up the knowledge.

-slightly broke and thinking about bombing the insurance company

there is no way to get out of a ticket and or points unless you pay it.

lets put it this way, if you DO put the 10 down on your ticket, you just admitted your guilt, and the guilty must pay. if you don't pay your ticket, you haven't admitted your guilt but you still must pay. unpaid tickets go to the secretary of state, and the secretary of state subsequently suspends your license. basically, if you pay your ticket, your insurance might go up a bit, but if you don't you could pay for it for years down the road(in my state, the penalty for OWLS(operating with license suspended)is 93 days in jail, and/or a $500 fine). so lets say you dont pay your ticket. in 6 months you get a letter in the mail stating that your license is on suspension. you figure "well fuck, they havent caught me yet" 2 weeks later your calling your homie to get you out of the bing on a $100-$300 bond because you got hemmed driving suspended. consequently, he cant raise the cash, you miss work, and when you finally DO get out, you've lost your cushy art store or what-have-you gig and have to secure employment in a non-existent job market.

okay, now, let's say you do pay it. depending on how many points you have already, your insurance might go up a tad, but you get to keep your gig and your friends wont be sweating you for the cash you owe them for bailin your ass out (your boys gotta pay rent too).

-your loveable autobot.

im not putting ten down, i would have been adding on ten extra, but i dont think it will work anyways. and yes i know paying it is unavoidable i was just hoping the points fluke might work. in reality i knew it wouldnt i was kidding myslef thinking such foolishness.

nah i disagree with you prime.

i lost my license a few years ago. and i currently still have points on my license. whenever i get a speeding ticket or moving violation (which i make sure is not too often) i get a lawyer (this is ever since i lost the license) not once have i gotten points or shit like that since. he gets it reduced to some bullshit, i pay a small fine, then pay hime like 200 or whatever. yeah it's costly, but losing my license is more costly. a good lawyer never fails.

a supporting deposition is just the officers account sent to you/your attorney for your/their verification. if you look on the back of your ticket (in ny at least) it will say do you request a ....... yes no.

always check yes

well .there is one way to definately dead the ticket , the points and all. The hope and prayer that this happened to you .That is if the officer that wrote the ticket made a written error such as mispelling of your name, addy or any other mistake on the ticket. Or if the ticket is illedgible. You will have your case dismissed due to a technicality . Believe it . At least in this state .I have been around that block a few times on different occasions for piss,beer and disorderly fines.

examine your copy of the infraction carefully

Originally posted by the_gooch

i would get a lawyer for any moving violation.

ding....ding....ding....we have a winner.

I always do this. If you think the price is too much...find out when your last ticket was...subtract that from your most recent ticket. Over a year? That breaks down to less than a dollar a day to drive like a maniac. Thats how I justify my tickets.

I don't suck at driving...I just have a blatant disregard for stuff like speed limits.

Archived