Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FOOD.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by doctor_slump, May 23, 2003.

1. doctor_slump

doctor_slump Member

I am a culinary arts major, and dream of opening a bakery/snack boutique one day.

anyhoo, im am putting together recepies/picture menue/portfolio/media kit type thing to present to some people and need some ideas.

so whats your favorite food?
    vegies?
    fruits?
    juices?

--- ie: ive got a plethera menue on cheesecakes..
    greentea coconut milk honey,blueberry honey, strawberry apple to name some...

Breads: atrichoke black/green olive, carrot-craisin-oatmeal, tomatoe chunk-basil-feta-parmesean to name some...

what im looking for.. is combinations of ideas.. as far as what kinda sweets and things to make.. im looking to elaborate my menue...

like say for instance...
    girl A likes salmon
    Girl B says she likes cream cheese.
    and girl C says she likes avacados... I would then think.. ok...
    i wanna make something with the things they say they like.. hmm. id take salmon, cream cheese and avacados and wrapp it in a eggroll shell, maybe dipp in some tempura batter to keep teh shell closed and deep fry.
    (only in this case im looking for fruits nad vegies to incorporate into cakes cookies muffins and breads.)

you get it?

im basically trying to see what kind of foods-- vegies, fruits you guys like... to basically take a poll... and put that into breads or cakes..

so please... tell me what your fav. vegi and fruit is. por favor.

2. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

I am hungry . damn you.

3. grittylifer

grittylifer Banned

im feelin some memorial day steaks and some salad.

ehk....i ate mcdonalds and pizza allweek.

p o i s o n m c d e a t h

4. doctor_slump

doctor_slump Member

hahaha

;) come over, ill make you grubb... be my taste tester guinnie pig.

5. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

dooo iiiiiit delissss...dooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!.....if i wasnt bloated on beer i would.....hmmm.....stuffed tomatoes....yelllow tail....cheesecake.......:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

6. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

All I do is eat. Glad I have a good metabolism or whatever or else I'd be thiiiiiiiiiis huge and have to get forklifted out of my house like those people on t.v.

You ever watch the Iron Chef? that show is hilarious. anywho good luck with your food stuff.

7. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

I work produce, so.....

Fruit:

1. Mango
    2. Watermelon
    3. Bosc Pear
    4. Cameo Apple
    5. Apricot

Vegetable

1. Salad Cucumber
    2. Roma Tomato
    3. Cilantro (Put it in a sandwich a la Vietnamese Subs, delightful!)
    4. Bell Pepper (any color, Orange tops the list though)
    5. Mushrooms (Portabella, Shitake, Button, Oyster...fuck.. All of them)

But the most important thing to me when I'm ordering for my store is is it in season, that way it will look the best, sell the best, and most importantly (especially for you), taste the best.

Hope this helps.

8. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

How could I forget?!!

Avacado!

*25 grams o' fat per each one though.

I know too much about produce.....

9. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

lilikoi.....duck.......coconut milk......lemon grass......cilantro.....wooopty woooooop!!!!

10. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Fuck, now that you got me thinking.....

Asparagus, Ginger, Eggplant...

I'm not really narrowing this down am I?

11. doctor_slump

doctor_slump Member

i <3 this thread...!!!!

MISTERRRRRR Pescado: you better believe it!!!!!!
    dude... mr. pescado was my food critic last night
    on the menue: 2 kinds of cheese cakes(greentea coconut milk honey with a butter honey ghram cracker carmel honey home made crust), tomatoes stuffed with a mix of ground beef-rice and red onions, yellow tail fish, hamburger steak, green and red tomatoe salad with sea salt...

did i miss anything pescado?

deliss:
    O MAN o MAN.. all yall gonna see me on IRON CHEF one day. thats one of my fav. shows.. next to sex and the city and the simpsons and seindfield...... anyways...nm

effyoo:
    too bad im allergic to mangoes.. i remember they were really good.. but i was thinking of making a mango custard crepe wrap... your post is really making me want to run to the store. bosc pear? cammeo apple? whats that? have you tried a japanese pear...? OMFG.. they are SO good.

ive made a avacado shake with condensed milk, honey and cream.. SO damn very good. yes.. oddly enough... VERY good.

Mushrooms: o man... i was just telling someone that i can make a damn good shitake miso soup... and a enoki mushroom with a thin slice of beef pan fried... so damn very good... and a shiitake spinich salad with chunks of tofu or chicken.

man. i wanna cook NOW.

12. doctor_slump

doctor_slump Member

damn...

asparagus and eggplant... some of my most FAVORITE foods...
    and i know some hate it.. but i love onions. spring onions, red onions, brown onions, SHALLOTS... damn.

bacon wrapped asparagus... Mmmmmmm <<homer drooooolllll>>

IDEA:

the next time you guys go to jack in the box...

ask for a strawberry chocolate shake. a "half and half".. but MORE STRAWBERRY THAN CHOCOLATE.. and then consume with fries.

SERIOUSLY.... TRY IT. its tightie mightie.

13. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

OK, here's what you do....

Cook to your hearts content then send it to me. I'll pay the overnight shipping.
    I've never got hungry from reading before, but your last post did it.

Cook some shit up girl!

Japanese Pear? Like Ya Pear? So juicy! There's another that should be on my list!

Make a dessert with Bosc and Japanese Pears! Cook the pears and make a sauce....

The dark skin of the Bosc will contrast nicely with the pale skin of the Japanese (Ya) Pear on presentation.

14. atrocks

atrocks New Jack

u forgot the newcastle.....:lol: ......and the skittles.....

15. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Re: damn...

We don't have Jack in the Box here, but....
    at McD's you get a strawberry sundae and a small fries. I never thought I'd like it....