Floridah

Vanity

hey folks.... finnin' to take a trip down to florida... family deal (time share seminars.. woop). anywho... i'll be in orlando, sarasota, and cocoa beach, i think... and if anyone has any suggestions of things to do or a chill spot to get down, i'd be much obliged.

just hit the email button.

gracious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

actually, i just got back tonight, my boyfriend and i went to Tampa to see this DJ and stayed the weekend- it was fuckin great....the party was in Ybor city, which is on the outskirts of tampa- basically nothing and then you hit this one street that has tons of lights and people...... they shut down the entire street @ around 12 and most of the clubs are 2 or 3 stories w/ balconies, its cool.....if you decide to check it out, the clubs called LEVEL 3- they play mostly breakbeat, of course- its florida...

HAVE FUN!

Originally posted by THE CORONER

is florida really humid or is it just the dry heat

cuz dry heat i can take, not that humidy shit

Too humid 2 Handle

Originally posted by OriginalSin

actually, i just got back tonight, my boyfriend and i went to Tampa to see this DJ and stayed the weekend- it was fuckin great....the party was in Ybor city, which is on the outskirts of tampa- basically nothing and then you hit this one street that has tons of lights and people...... they shut down the entire street @ around 12 and most of the clubs are 2 or 3 stories w/ balconies, its cool.....if you decide to check it out, the clubs called LEVEL 3- they play mostly breakbeat, of course- its florida...

HAVE FUN!

Breakbeats. *barf* HA! Who am I to talk? http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon12.gif'>

Ybor city recently enforced a Zero-Tolernace thing. More cops will be around on busy nights

by the way- the best sand & beaches youll find without going to the bottom of florida is clearwater and indian rocks .....annnnd theres a DJ X cd release party at the "ampitheatre"

DJ X made this dope remix of that one song... //I just want to use your loove...Toniiiight// a few years ago

Clearwater Beach is nice. Except for some ugly tags. Haha...

St. Pete beach is also nice, I suppose.

Vanity:

All the places you are heading into are kind of lame. You'll see all the lame Ron Jon Surf Shop billboards on the highways...that's in Cocoa Beach...surf town. That's about it.

Sarasota is kind of scenic I believe. Orlando is tourist hell. Same thing goes for traffic.

Hotter than balls my friend.

I've seen flicks of paint in Orlando, but it was nothing special. Out of towners mostly.

Most painting goes down in Miami and Jacksonville.

Although BIG SWIF summed it up, I thought I'd add what I had to say. I lived in Jacksonville for 19 years and been all over the state so I know what's up.

Try and enjoy yourself.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

Vanity:

Orlando is tourist hell. Same thing goes for traffic.

Whenever I was in Orlando, the traffic wasn't that bad (excluding I-4). I hate Orlando with a passion and yet I go there periodically. Haha.

Orlando = Interstates and toll booths

Nothing more, nothing less.

Rather than having to jump from I-4 to I-75 (to go to Sarasota), get onto I-275 instead and check out Ybor City. It's in "the heart of Tampa" if you ever have the time (and also assuming you're into that whole nightlife thing). I-275 will connect to I-75 eventually. You can also check out the Skyway bridge if you were to go this route. It's that high ass bridge that was filmed in The Punisher.

HAVE FUN!

Oh shit.. I heard about this place the other night.. One of my associates was talking about it but i cant for the life of me remember who.. Is it like a street thats just Completely loaded with clubs???

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

7th Ave...?

edit: Don't forget to check out Ellenton(sp?) Mall down in Sarasota. It's an open mall. I don't remember how cheap it is though. (it's a wholesale mall)

No No No.. Its a street that stands by itself kind of out in the middle of nowhere that is just alll clubs for like 3 or 4 blocks i dont know.. And apparently they shut it down and people go crazy.. Then everyone leaves and goes back to whereever they are from./

Originally posted by Telo

No No No.. Its a street that stands by itself kind of out in the middle of nowhere that is just alll clubs for like 3 or 4 blocks i dont know.. And apparently they shut it down and people go crazy.. Then everyone leaves and goes back to whereever they are from./

Have you ever been here? I mean, all the streets pretty much look the same in Ybor City... http://www.zumsteg.info/usa2002/images/tampa_ybor_city.jpg'>

I'm in Florida right now. On the coast near Tampa... it's boring as hell and I haven't seen anything along the lines of graffiti... (albeit, we're not *in* Tampa, but still...) Oh and Grams is a huge boring cunt who won't let us drive her car... *woo for her going to bed at like 9:30*

Any suggestions? (other than shoot myself now)