1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Florida to expand law on gun use

Discussion in 'News' started by heavyLox, Apr 6, 2005.

1. heavyLox

heavyLox 12oz Veteran Member

Florida to expand law on gun use

Discussion started by heavyLox - Apr 6, 2005

BBC

YAHoo!

heavyLox - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Apr 6, 2005

I think the problem with this would be that when this goes to court and they try to hear both sides of the story... there will be crickets for one part of the story because dead men tell no tales.

Wild, wild uhh....
    southeast....

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

POIESIS - Replied Apr 7, 2005

i'm having a hard time seeing anything remotely logical about this.

POIESIS - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Apr 7, 2005

florida?

no thanks.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Apr 7, 2005

Dem Bush's, deys is cowboys.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Apr 7, 2005

..."i'm sorry officer, he was a negroe and he approached me. I felt threatened so I shot him"...
    ..."Oh, well as long as you felt threatened first, there's no need for charges"...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. WhiteOx

WhiteOx 12oz Elite Member

WhiteOx - Replied Apr 7, 2005

So the current law states that your allowed to shoot dead anyone who commits break and enter, before your even threatened or know that he has a weapon ? That your allowed to fire before you even stay "stick em up" ?

honestly - your country sucks

WhiteOx - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. angelofdeath

angelofdeath 12oz Elite Member

angelofdeath - Replied Apr 7, 2005

this ruling is awesome.

angelofdeath - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Æ°

Æ° 12oz Senior Member

Æ° - Replied Apr 7, 2005

tell us why

Æ° - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Apr 7, 2005

Oh yeah man... you can get shot in some places just for stepping foot on someones property...
    I've been shot at a few times like that...

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Apr 7, 2005

Thats fucked up, The US already has major problems with gun control and violence. This serves no purpose but too only increase the gap in trying to fix that problem .

I also think its fucked up that down there you can pretty much find any kind of weapon or personal security device you want , and all pretty cheap.( tasers, guns, knuckles,auto-batons, BP vests, switchblades etc etc) . Yet here 95% of those things are not only illegal , but really difficult to find for the average person . And theyre pretty expensive once you do find them.

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. heavyLox

heavyLox 12oz Veteran Member

heavyLox - Replied Apr 7, 2005

FIRST OFF you can buy guns anywhere.

But it seems like a move to, A, get the NRA people happy and B, this can eventually lead to spending less on law enforcement and at the same time cut down on the number of cases the bog down our legal system.

I also think that there are some people that might need to be encouraged to protect themselves. Cause really what do the police do if you need them? Less and Less these days.

The best times ive had with cops is when they really should be arresting me but dont. Ivenever been in need and been helped by john law; Im not mad at them helping not arrest me but in times of emergency they are less useful to me and many others.

SO in fla the best move is to not make any sudden movements and stay vested up, and be ready to buck.

heavyLox - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Apr 8, 2005

You all sound like faggot sheep and here is why...
    The medias attempt at scareing us to disarm is nothing but government propoganda, don't ever get it twisted. If you live in a "free" country you take on certain risks that are involved with being free. We don't live in a "free country", that is why the government is doing everything they can to distract and confuse you while they disarm you (mentally and literally) to make damn sure that there is never again a revolt against them. They're telling you you can't be trusted to own a gun because your stupid and you'll shoot someone. Mean while every cop has a gun and alot of them are itching to use it yet we should trust them to not shoot us. Yet every time one of them unjustifiably shoots one of us, they get let off the hook and there aint shit you can do to prevent some cowboy cop from shooting your son, or brother, or freind or whatever cause now aint nobody but the cops got guns! Why do you think it was so important to the founding (liberal) fathers that we be aloud to keep and bare arms? So we can hunt??? Eeeerrr.... wrong! It's so we can keep this country free and safe from those that would conspire to enslave us!

People kill people. It's always been and always will be that way. Even if we are fooled into submition and the only people that have guns are cops. They will kill, and other people will kill other people by other means. And I am sick to death with this propoganda about "liberals" being anti guns! Yall hear it so much that yall think it's the "liberal" way or some shit and you buy into this shit! The word "liberal" derives from liberty.--->It means freedom. As in you believe in freedom. The only way to ensure freedom is to protect it. The only way to protect it is to stay armed and educated and to not allow yourself and your people to be enslaved. The only way to do that is to stay armed so future governments have no abillity to enact the curent police state that we are experiencing now (and it's only gonna get worse if we aint got the guns to protect ourselves.). It aint necesarilly about a civil war, it's the fact that the less armed we are the bolder they are in their laws and restrictions, foreign policy, etc, etc,. If we were armed the way we were in the 1800's they wouldn't have the balls to be pulling the shit they are now! That is the exact reason why the founding fathers made it a point that the government shall never have the power to disarm the people. They wanted us to have the power to rebel if shit got out of hand!!!
    Everyone in my familly, going generations back before me, was taught from child hood how to handle, use and clean a gun. And taught that a gun is not a toy and not to fuck around with it. This is what kept people from stupidly getting shot. And I'm from Philly, not bumblefuck Arkansas.

Also, how you gonna give some thug-ass criminal who busted into your crib the chance to kill you before you man up and shoot dude first??? I mean, how you gonna try and flee and expect shit to just work out???

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Apr 8, 2005

Jacked from a different thread...
    Can't say I agree with everything this guy says, but this one makes alot of sense.

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Apr 8, 2005

...couple things...first off, your scenario at the end is not what the new law is stating, under existing law, in almost every state, you can rightfully shoot an intruder in your home without giving a warning or trying to flee...i know a guy that killed someone that tried to break into his place...no charges...the new law says that in public, like anywhere outside of your home, you can shoot someone by feeling threatened...i'm not sure exactly how the verbage on this is, but i believe that it allows alot of freedom for the shooter...want to talk about the forefathers?...how about innocent until proven guilty?...in this case, not only do you not have to be guilty, you don't even have to commit a crime...

...as far as defending freedom..this is something i've gotten into on some of the other threads, so i'm not going to exaggerate too much...but...unless you have a militia armed with tanks, submarines and nuclear weapons, you stand no chance at all of fending of the nation should they decide to errode your freedom...the right to bear arms is a facade...it doesn't mean shit...in the 18th century guns were the most powerful weapons, so having armed citizens did mean that they were a force to be reckoned with, but in the present era, with a 200 billion dollar budget, the military would just laugh at a bunch of gun totin' civilians tryin to defend themselves...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: