FLITE: THE DEATH SQUAD

ETHREADZNY

I GIVE ALL OF TDS NOTHING BUT PROPS< BUT FLITE I FEEL DESERVES MORE CREDIT THEN HE GETS FOR A DOPE STYLE>>>>

from while you where sleeping...

FLITE_1.JPG

FLITE_2.JPG

from artcrimes

part and flite

part_flite.jpg

from molotov cocktail

king.jpg

king.jpg

king.jpg

from sixcentz

flite.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by joewelcome

oooh, lookit E warm up the Brick Slayers again with a crucial NY thread.

enough jocking 1980 subway writers, how about 1984, when all those older guys were gone and Flite was killing shit?

the essence....

no doubt, I have made many request for pictures in the past , but I would love to see pictures of this "broadway King" killing the subways... It is a fact this man had these subways on lock in the mid-80's

IT's just a love of graff, and its roots.. I am glad that people are feeling the post. To me alot of younger cats dont get to see the progression of the graffiti culture. I, in no way was there from the start, but once again it is the history that makes graffiti so "rich". Of coarse there is other rewarding factors of graffiti, such as the high people get from bombing and the fame. But to me, and I believe many others, it is a subculture that I feel honored to watch develop.

sorry for the rambling, just explaining my view, for those that feel these "previously seen Pictures" have wasted their time.

peace,,,

what happened to flite

HA HA finally got my fuckin dsl runnin jesus ne wayz i ve been waitin for this thread and i actually have some pics scanned but i cant find them but im a look BUMP muthafuckas

i remember reading some interview in which he was talking about how back in the day, he was a loner in the 'scene'. He had no one to teach him the ropes, how to get into the yards, no crew, etc. He taught himself. I think that probably has something to do with his incredible style.

Re: what happened to flite

Originally posted by SayOne

HA HA finally got my fuckin dsl runnin jesus ne wayz i ve been waitin for this thread and i actually have some pics scanned but i cant find them but im a look BUMP muthafuckas

hookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookituphookitup!

• 3 months later...

www.at149st.com

THE DEATH SQUAD

TDS was one of the most significant and influential style crews graffiti has ever seen. Their work was mainly seen on the Broadway number 1 line and the 2 and 5 lines. The peak TDS years were late '70s to early '80s. Unfortunately most of the major books and publications overlooked the significance of TDS. The fact that TDS was neglected is quite ironic considering the fact that some of the biggest names in writing were affiliated with it. Hard core members being MR. JINX 174, PART 1, KOOL 131, CHAIN 3, NOC 167, PADRE, PESO, BEAR 167. Other writers to put it up were NIKE, KF 174, MOON 77, REPEL, DONDI, BAN2, FUZZ 1,EZO FLITE, A ONE, SKEME, SLAVE, CASE 2, TEAN 5, KADE 198, MAGOO, ZEPHYR, DAZE, DEZ, JOEY, TOXIC, SCORCH 170, DELTA 2, TORCH and COSE.

TDS was a crew concerned more with style rather than bombing. (Despite that fact they bombed anyway.) Their style contributions to the culture are significant and have been somewhat overlooked as is the case with many style masters. This is due to three factors. One, the natural abstractions of wild style make names illegible to the uneducated eye, therefore the media and general public can not determine the origin of the work. The second factor being style masters generally write many different names to demonstrate their ability to create a broad range of letter forms. It can be difficult for the writing community to keep up with all the names. The final being, style masters give outlines to other writers, many of which take credit for the style master's work.

PART 1, EZO, FLIGHT, and CHAIN 3 are active in the current street mural movement

Archived