Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

flight93 crash or shot down

Discussion in 'News' started by heavyLox, Jan 8, 2005.

1. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

So a good friend of mine is participating in the memrial design competiton to 'honor' the passengers and crew of flight 93. If youve been under a rock its the flight that went down in Penn.

So my friend went to the site for a visit, thee were tours for those who wanted to be a part of the competition. And in the process we have been talking about the circumstances of the crash. I now believe that this plain was forced, SHOT, down by the US; it was 20 minutes from DC, and it just happens to crash in a unpopulated corner of the state. Odd.

Im sure this is old news to many of you, but its been on my mind recently.

As part of the competition there are various plots of land that are deemed "sacred" meaning only park official and family members can enter it. The memorial ma only skirt the scared land. Now why is a memorial on public land only accessable to a cerntain popultion. Why are sites in NY and DC not treated the same way?

Attached Files:

2. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

arial

Attached Files:

3. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

4. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

memorial site is here

quicktime movie talking about the desgin comp here, kinda sappy as one migh expect.

Discuss. or not as it suits you

Attached Files:

5. haunts

haunts Member

i wouldnt be suprised at all if it was shot down. i remember at the time they had mentioned shooting one or two down. if i remember correctly after 911 a law was passed or something took place stating that the government had permission to shoot down planes if actions like this were taken by terrorists in the future.

i know it seems kinda messed up but were talking about the us government here. i dont believe that dubya would think twice about shooting down a plane if this happened again, i think hed do it in a heartbeat.

6. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

A good collection of articles:
    http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/flight93.htm

And some transcript I found:

Dick Cheney gives Bush the credit in Meet the Press:

"MR. RUSSERT: What's the most important decision you think he made during the course of the day?

"VICE PRES. CHENEY: Well, the--I suppose the toughest decision was this question of whether or not we would intercept incoming commercial aircraft.

"MR. RUSSERT: And you decided?

"VICE PRES. CHENEY: We decided to do it. We'd, in effect, put a flying combat air patrol up over the city; F-16s with an AWACS, which is an airborne radar system, and tanker support so they could stay up a long time...

"It doesn't do any good to put up a combat air patrol if you don't give them instructions to act, if, in fact, they feel it's appropriate.

"MR. RUSSERT: So if the United States government became aware that a hijacked commercial airline[r] was destined for the White House or the Capitol, we would take the plane down?

"VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yes. The president made the decision...that if the plane would not divert...as a last resort, our pilots were authorized to take them out. Now, people say, you know, that's a horrendous decision to make. Well, it is. You've got an airplane full of American citizens, civilians, captured by...terrorists, headed and are you going to, in fact, shoot it down, obviously, and kill all those Americans on board?

"...It's a presidential-level decision, and the president made, I think, exactly the right call in this case, to say, "I wished we'd had combat air patrol up over New York."

--NBC, 'Meet the Press' 16 September 2001

7. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

I doubt it, the fighter jets were way to disorganized and lost that morning to have done it.

not just that but the pres. gave the order after the plane went down.

8. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

or so they would have you think. we dont really know beyond a shadow of a doubt wen the pres did what. I dont thing he even knows what he did.

9. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

peraps peraps...

I'm not ruling out the possibility that it could have been shot down.

I just personally think that the US was too big a mess that morning to shoot the plane down.

If it wasn't shot down, well hooray for the passanger's bravery, and If it was shot down I certainly don't blame anyone, better than having it crash into a building killing even more.

regardless though R.I.P.

10. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

9/11 was over 3 years ago, it's time to move on. The government is still talking about it. It's sad that people died, but if we mourned everytime innocent people died, we would never stop. It's time to stop using this tragedy to further Bush's agenda.
    Please let's focus on the future instead of one day 3 years ago.

11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

rumsfeld recently made the freudian slip about the plane that was shot down.

it's probably safe to say that it was.
    thing is, if we bother to uncover all that evidence..then for what?
    i say let those people on that plane remain take charge heroes.
    it was probably the only thing the government could really do to respond to that sort of crisis anyway.

all assuming of course, that the government didn't have anything to do with engineering the 9.11 attacks.

12. bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder Member

Those peoples fate was decided as soon as they boarded the plane, it doesnt matter if it was shot down or crashed... those people were going to die. IF the gov were to admit it shot down the plane..many would cry foul.. its best just to say RIP..

13. villain

villain Veteran Member

Interesting in the 9-11 commission report it states how the air traffic controllers and the pentagon and white house were all disoriented and how they would lose it on radar and didn't know what plane was where....
    sounds like a bunch of horseshit to me...
    There was not ONE mention of satellite surveillance..................

14. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

Those who forget the past are Condemned to repeat it.

I've been in the US for about 3 months and I am shocked by how little people care about the 9/11 attacks. I mean shit, if 3,000 of my countrymen died needlessly I would find it very difficult to forget.

The deaths of these people are the result of bad politics. It is time that people stopped using this tragedy to advance Bush's agenda, but it is also about time that people reflect on why this happened, and how it can be prevented in the future.

15. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I'd rather have everyone believe that it went down fighting. After all, we already have 3 other planes full of complete fucking pussies who didn't stand up to some arabs with boxcutters. We've got to have some dignity.