Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Flier design help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by High Priest, Jun 2, 2004.

1. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Im pretty bad with photoshop and ive got a broken arm so unfortunantly i cant do any illustration work. I was asked by a friends band to put together a flier for an upcoming show, does anyone have any suggestions?

*Thats actually the name of the tour, i didnt make that up.

[​IMG]

2. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

That looks good, I'm not too sure what suggestions you are looking for.

3. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

sorry, should be more specific. If any one could maybe give pointers as far as how to clean up the lettering, i.e. outlines etc that dont involve tracing the letters with the pen tool over and over it would be greatly appreciated. Other then that im low on ideas and lazy i suppose so if anyone can think of a better color scheme,,,

(sorry, im just really not feeling the whole "design" thing today.)

4. Step 1:

Remove the cheap PS filter.

Step 2:

Change lettering to a font other than Impact. Played out.

Step 3:

In fact, just erase everything you have there.

Step 4:

Download these two images:

Image 1

Image 2

Combine.

Step 5:

Do the lettering with your other hand so that it looks really crappy.

Step 6:

Save and print. You win at life, because the resulting flyer is not only on topic, but also embraces the H4RDC0R3 aesthetic.

5. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Too much effort, cheap effects are what make grindcore music what it is so im gonna have to stick with the shitty filter. The images you sent, altho nice.. (who doesnt like gaping assholes) will take a bit too much time and effort to put together however i do agree with the lettering, so ill probably do some really "hardcore" blown out letters with my other hand.

* im def. going to use those images for other things tho, so thanks.

6. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

so the name of the band is apoplexy enthraller?

7. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

it's not a grindcore flier without a picture of an old school skateboard, the grim reaper, or a large pile of skulls. you should put those in the background. all black fliers are kind of boring looking.

oh yeah, and the skull shouldn't have a jawbone. it's cooler looking that way.

8. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

those are the two that are playing.

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

to fuck w/ the letters, i thjink you can just trace a path onto that layer.
    also, are these guys willing to pay for color printing?

find a better picture of a skull.. that shit is too pixelated.. get rid of the curtains in the back ground too.

as far as lettering lay out goes.. kinda boring, partly due to the font, partly because it seems too uniform and, hence, stale.

give the skull a gold t:D :D th and some sungl:cool:sses

might wanna deepen the red up.. might appear orange in print.

what's up w/ the 2?

10. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

spell check man. its flyer design.

11. adderall

adderall Elite Member

this man speaks truth

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

We were gonna use them as paper air planes.