Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FLESH TANKS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by The-WiseOne, Jul 22, 2005.

1. The-WiseOne

The-WiseOne Junior Member

hey not sure if im the only one, but i own a few, right now im setting up a 20 gallon just got yesterday, bought the starter kit only 80$ but got a discount cuz i work at the petstore..... so hit me up in here and post your creative tanks.... unless im the only one :(

2. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

3. chivita

chivita New Jack

actually i need a tank right now my old one got this big ass crack and fuck i got my iguana cramped in this 20 gallon it needs a bigger one!

4. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

i'd have a fishtank if they werent so much damned trouble....my mate has a massive marine tank with coral that moves around and changes colour

5. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

AND some of those finding nemo orange fish...

6. Drunk Sober

Drunk Sober Member

Id rather see pictures of the drunk tank!

7. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

ilovedrunk, get in here!

8. ilovedrunk

ilovedrunk Member

i have a ten gallon tank with almost more "large" rocks in it than water... it only has about 4 gallons of water in it "maxed out"... i keep less water in it because there are turtles in there, not fish... when i was a kid at one point i had more than 20 box turtles living on the side of my house.. now in a new house i have two "alleged" red eared sliders... i use the term alleged because there are many many species of redears and some are good for pet use and stay small-er and some are more rowdy and arent as good... mine dont have normal red ears.. they are more rusty colored... anyway when i first got them they were small like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thats actually one of them.. that one was the smaller of the two.. the lady bought me another one the next day because "he looked sad and alone"... the other one was slightly bigger then and is a bit bigger now... they are too big for the tank.. but thats being worked on...
    [​IMG]
    thats a more recient photo not new by any means but they arent tiny there... not that you can really tell much anyway..
    [​IMG]
    its funny to see them this small now all swimming around happily zooming around the tank.. and now they bump around into everything and are fucking massive compaired to then..
    [​IMG]
    i bought some fish for them once because i heard that feeding them live food cut down on the amount of excess waste in the water... another drawback of turtles.. they are pretty messy, they eat where they shit.. so it goes.. i got them this grip of guppies and they didnt know what to do at first... so the fish slowly disapeared one by one... i noticed one of them seemed to have a headache... and arnold was wrong this time it was in fact a tumor...
    [​IMG]
    i can post more about filter and pump issues and how i resolved these problems.. and the great pump i have now... i have a few more turtle stories and info about a MASSIVE sucker fish i ended up having to take out of the tank.. the thing was like a trout..

word to turtles... ill update it with a pic of how massive they are now soon.. i need to clean the pump..

9. The-WiseOne

The-WiseOne Junior Member

awesome turtles!!!

love em' i would like some, we sell some tortueses or however the hell you spell it, but they are like 80$ ..... baby's...

here is my tank, set it up tonight, its cycling for the next 7 days, then i will add some ADF (african dwarf frogs) some newts, and some fish..... i might just put some oscars and pirahnas in it, not sure yet.... maybe some balla sharks....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ilovedrunk

ilovedrunk Member

werd to that tank,,, its madness... i found a photo from when i first got the new pump...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they could clog the pump and filter that came with the starter tank in no time flat... later i realized they are just really messy eaters and i needed a lot smaller food...

edit: i dont have that gay sprinkler bar on it anymore... i think even fresh water would clog those holes eventually...

11. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

nice pictures guys..

ihave a betta..

12. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

we used to bet on beta fights. for like, candy and shit.

13. ilovedrunk

ilovedrunk Member

im only bumping this because i had to take the gravle (gravel?) out of the tank a few months back because i caught them eating the glass(its crushed tubbled glass).... i was worried at first because the smaller turtle seemed more mellow than normal and wasnt eating... every now and then i STILL find lil bits of glass they must still be pooping out.. one time i found a rather large piece and i felt for the poor guy who had to poo that one out.. there hasnt been glass in there for more than 6 months and last mouth i still found a few pieces... word.

bump

14. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

my homie used to have madd tanks and terraniums (or whateve the hell) all over... kid had a dog, ferrets, a bird, a gazillion fish, lizards and frogs... but then he found out his bitch was fucking some other dude... he, being the bigger man helped her moved out, and the other cat rolled up right after he move the last bit of furniture.. now he's schemin on adopting ol boy's seedling on some psycho tip

15. beardo

beardo Guest

my brother's got a badass tank. its a big ass old school TV, knobs and all that jazz, converted to a fish tank. shit is too fresh.