Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

fish tanks, and the fishies in them

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by AREANKAY, Jul 5, 2004.

1. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

So I'm thinking while I'm laid up all broken I will spend my time in other ways then getting drunk and falling off my bike and breaking bones. So I got to thinking about getting a fish tank for the house and hooking it up with some crazy tropical fish and what now. Thing is I know nothing so I come here.

Who has a fish tank, I'm not talking anything crazy huge just somthing standard size, with some wild fish to put in it, what's the price range on the tanks and accsesories for it, stuff like that.

2. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

funny i just cleaned my tank.. I want to do saltwater, but that stuff cost a load to start up. So for now there are these wimpy little neon guppies floatin around in 55gal of merky water until today.

maybe i will post later .

3. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

ahh man cleaning them is a pain the tank wit water alone is pretyy heavy

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Make sure you don't get fish that will kill each other.

5. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

nah, i think you should get fish to fight eachother and you should have tournaments, thats what i would do if i had the money

6. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Fuck that, get the fish THAT DO kill each other, it will make it alot more entertaining.

7. bEka

bEka Junior Member

betta fish fight.. if you put a mirror in the tank theyll kill themselves trying to fight their reflection

8. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

for a nice tank and setup your looking to spend a decent amount of cash.Just be prepared..

9. Evoke_Me

Evoke_Me Junior Member

i still remeber my last fish, it was akll good until i washed the tank out with bleach, put the fish back in and the next day the fish is dead

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

11. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

i hearya

12. snk509

snk509 Member

i dont no if u have a wallmart in your town but u can get a 55 gal. for about $170.00. which is good for fish that will get an alright size.
    i would get fish that eat other fish its fun to watch.all u need is gravel in your 55 gal. kit it comes w/ everything but shit like rocks and crap.
    id try to get a couple siamese tigerfish

13. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

if you can get yourself an octapus ..some are meant to be as smart as dogs

14. ^Yeah... if I had the money and patience to run a saltwater aquarium I'd get a sickass octopus with a quickness.

But saltwater is a HUGE pain in the ass to take care of, and the margins of error are very slim.

If you want to have some fun times with freshwater, get an Oscar or a Black Convict and a few smaller inexpensive fish. Watch him ruin the shit out of everything else in a few weeks.

15. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

maintaining a saltwater aquarium is not that hard it just comes down to your laziness

the money part is def a pain but it all matters on what type of setup you want. the problem when you start browsing the saltwater section only to realize how much more you want everything in the fucking ocean.

once you get a saltwater aquarium up its a prolonged enjoyment because shit grows like creatures you didn't realize existed in the tank, while in freshwater its just some new algae you hate seeing.