1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

First thing you noticed

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Pone156tfo, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo 12oz Junior Member

First thing you noticed

Discussion started by Pone156tfo - Nov 5, 2001

Hey all you goons and goonettes out there in cyber land. What was the very first time you noticed Graffiti and what did you notice first. For example I first noticed giant colorful fillin's and insides on Bronx trains in 1975 or 76 on our way to Grandma's apt.

Pone156tfo - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL 12oz Member

NOVAGIRL - Replied Nov 5, 2001

the first shit i noticed was a SERG tag back in 95 maybe 94...but that was way before i picked up a can...you got me beat by twenty years but i still love you

NOVAGIRL - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. xiderock

xiderock 12oz Junior Member

xiderock - Replied Nov 5, 2001

newark on rt 21 and turnpike heading up toward the lincoln out in the boonies by seacaucus...

xiderock - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  4. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo - Replied Nov 5, 2001

Who beat who?

To whom are you refering? Me myself and I or SERG? Let me make this clear I may have noticed graffiti at that time but I didn't pick up a can for the purpose of bombin until the end of 1984, into 85. Ahhhhhhh the 80's. Rockkkkkkkkkkkk on forever. Huh? Well thanks for listening anyway, i'll be going now.........

Peace:D

5. (ence

(ence Guest

(ence - Replied Nov 6, 2001

I first noticed it when i was walking through the drainage tunnels in a commercial district of Colorado Springs, CO when i was around 9 yrs old
    i saw some hemp leaves of course, a few fuck yous, some initials, and some alright outlines.

6. sieb

sieb Guest

sieb - Replied Nov 6, 2001

Sabre Gkae

I remember seeing Saber and Gkae up in seattle, I remember them specifically, cause i aske dmy dad what "Say-bra" and "Ja-Kay" meant, what inspired me was this dude painting the redmond freewall "Taz" i think, he showed me some basics. and then I just went off into my own little world

7. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Nov 6, 2001

dunno who.. but i remember seeing marker tags on signal boxes on corners in poorer neighborhoods in milwaukee in like... 86-87? i didnt understand them. i thought it was spanish or something.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. mopius

mopius Guest

mopius - Replied Nov 6, 2001

74 and 75..damn your old

9. fatlaces

fatlaces 12oz Member

fatlaces - Replied Nov 6, 2001

i remember some dudes coming to paint my local school in the mid 80's they did some smurfs and a few bubble letters.

i liked the smurfs. i was about 6 or 7. :)

fatlaces - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. graffitiSUX

graffitiSUX 12oz Senior Member

graffitiSUX - Replied Nov 6, 2001

3/4 years old in the back seat of my parents car driving over the train lines and seeing scribble on the wall and wondering what it meant. that is one of the earliest memories i have.

graffitiSUX - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Nov 6, 2001

from the time i was born my pops was a truck driver he would take me with him all the time up to nyc and i could remember lookin at the highways and anything else i could see w/ graff on it and i was like holy shit this stuff is great how do they do it.. i was so amazed and look at me now i do this amazing shit...........werd up:cool: :cool: :cool:

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo - Replied Nov 6, 2001

Your right

Your absolutely right i'm old I wearing depends now and ohhhhh i filled them again darn it tooooo many prunes. Well I have to go clean up now it's rather smelly I dare say... Ohhhh I've FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

13. cdz

cdz 12oz Member

cdz - Replied Nov 6, 2001

i first remember seeing graf on a railway overpass. the kids who did it climbed way out on it above the highway and did it. that took some fuckin balls. that was in 93, but i came in the picture long after that.
    -cdz

cdz - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. CATS

CATS 12oz Senior Member

CATS - Replied Nov 6, 2001

Beat Street/Breakin

The first time I reallly noticed it was in Beat Street/Breakin Movies. I tried writing then but at the tender age of 8 there is only so much wreck you can catch before the street lights came on.

CATS - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Nov 6, 2001

Funny you should ask...
    YOU!!!
    Heh heh...
    The day I was inspired to pick up a can, it was from walking the train tracks through this tunnel. There was a Monk piece at one end, a Sick/Pone duo piece at the other, and a whole bunch of nice shit in between. I had seen graffiti before, out of the corner of my eye, but nothing that really jumped out and grabbed me by the eyeballs. Within the week I had a name and my first wack 3D sketch drawn up, and started getting busy. I later changed my name to disguise the wackness, as many do, but I never looked back.
    If you're the Pone I'm thinking of, then you were part of the day I got converted. I should probably buy you a beer...or some prunes.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: