Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

first concert

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by crso, Feb 7, 2002.

1. crso

crso Senior Member

what was your first real concert? how old were you ? and, do you still like the band or group?

my first concert was Cypress Hill. i was 13. i'm 21 now and i only listen to their first 2 albums now . it was my first real concert that i actually wanted to go to.

2. bug

bug Guest

1988. either the beastie boys or metallica. and justice for all tour. it was so good, i won't ever watch them play again because they suck so bad now that it might ruin my childhood memory. the beastie boys had an alrigtht show, but were better when i saw them again in 1994

3. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Fuckin A. Cypress Hill, that was mine too. I went to a concert called Big Top Locos in Los Angeles. It was at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. It was around the time if prop 187. It was Cypress Hill,RATM,Tha Mexakins,Souls of Mischief, and like 20 fucking bands from spanish to rap to rock. It was a bad ass all day event. That's how I found out about Rage. They jad barely started off. Rage and Cypress rocked the fuckin house. Me and my homie were all dehydrated by the time Rage & Cypress came on at night after being there all day outside. But we still fucked around in the pit. Considering we were only like 13 at the time we held our own. Probably the best concert I've ever been to.
    Fuck Pete Wilson & Prop 187!

4. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

my first concert would have been at age 15 and i would have gotten to see pantera play in hartford offa their album vulgar display of power. my older brother advised my mother to why i shouldn't go but "ill leave it up to you" which ends up in me not going of course.

since then i still listen to a little bit of pantera, now i listen to almost all rap, an havent gone to one since, even though i havent gone to one in the first place, because i feel no concert could top that pantera one. so if i do end up going to one, i won't enjoy, because ill know i could have gone to better, and didnt.

"lifes a bitch, god forbid the bitch divorce me"

5. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

I had been to hundreds of shows in bars/clubs but never to one in a "venue" till this past summer, Deftones/Godsmack Aug 28th, Tweeter Center.

It was great(deftones), Godsmack suck soo bad.

6. Huey Lewis and the News, in 1984. I was 4 years old. Beer,

El Mamerro

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

1994, grade 5, Beastie Boys, Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary Canada. That's right, went to see the Beastie Boys in grade 5. What was I like 10? Got the t-shirt to prove it. And still love them.....

8. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

9. Raiser

Raiser Junior Member

my first show was the ducky boys, dropkick murphys, the bruisers, and the swingin utters at the rat in 97.

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

mamero... haha, huey lewis was my second concert... 85?

my first concert was the bangles. please believe it.

11. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fatima mansions/weezer/live 1994 i was in 6th grade with my dad.

12. 455

455 Guest

back in '86 is when I saw Dokken....haha...what a trip.

13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

1996: U2 and Fun Lovin Criminals.....

I went because I thought R.A.T.M. was opening, but that was only on the west coast. :(

14. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

I dont remember when it was but I saw kiss at the sky dome it was during there reunion tour, I hate kiss and will never listen to them.

15. RIM THE JOB

RIM THE JOB Member

ziggy marley was my first, saw him when i was about 13.. my family and I went to the concert with no tickets.. we tried buying some off people, that didnt work.. then my father said "ahh fuck it, lets climb over the fence and run in." so we did..me, my parents, 6 year old sister and brother hop a fence to watch ziggy marley.. why i was there... i have no clue.