Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

first attempt in a couple monthes...

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by in2_thevoid, Jul 9, 2004.

1. in2_thevoid

in2_thevoid Junior Member

so what does 12oz think? of course im feelin it (so far). i can see that there is alot of nonsense mixed in all the way to the left, but i was just throwing marks with my pencil in, and hoping ideas would fly from there... BTW, its an 'O'. the form of the O is pretty much all the way to the right, whats on the left is just to give it some flow/style i guess. anyway it is a little something i am cooking up for another forum i am involved with.

im a bit :confused: ,, what do you see in this?

[​IMG]

2. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

I can't really see much at all. Do it in pen?

3. cras.1

cras.1 New Jack

i cannot tell if that is a full sketch of a bunch of scriblles

4. in2_thevoid

dont pay attention to all the slop on the left... start from the right and you will see where i am coming from,, hopefully :confused:

5. in2_thevoid

:confused: :lol:

6. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Ah...yeah, I can sorta see what you're saying. You should re do it in a darker pen though. Or what evs. It looks pretty cool and abstract.

7. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Insane.

This thread is (sort of) another example why I hate some of the writers on this board. There are some toys that just skip letter structure and jump on the "abstract" bandwagon. It's fuckin' incredible. And the worst part is when other toys back shit up with "Yo, that's dope" or "I like that style. Very original, very abstract". Very Fuckin' retarded...

^sorry, just had to say that. And this ain't directed to in2thevoid. I haven't seen anything from in2_thevoid but what's in this thread. So I don't know whether dude has letters or not. He probably does, I don't know. :)

==============================
    But on a lighter note...

Ummm... So that sketch you just did is a bunch on random strokes from your pencils and you are asking us if we see anything?

^Is that the case or am I just not comprehending?

Well, I see a couple of A's, an F, and a Y. And I seriously don't see that "O" anywhere.

peace.

8. UpintheCut

UpintheCut New Jack

Suck my dick fagg.:king:

9. in2_thevoid

wrong, the letter is there.... what i ment is this: ever think a plain letter looks boring? want to throw in a little 'funk', 'connections', ect. to add a little flare of style? thats what i was using the random strokes of my pencil for. i noticed you cant really see what i mean in the scan, not a big deal. when you find that O then talk to me about structure. that structure is my structure, and i dont want to see you using it

10. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Whoa, hold on!

Nah, the top part of that post WAS NOT directed to you in anyway. I just posted that there because I know for a fact that "they" will look in here.

1) Yes, I do think plain letters look boring. 2) Yes, "funk" and "connections" are nice unless shit is too wild or out of control. 3) Oh, gotcha.

What the fuck was this all about?

11. in2_thevoid

Re: Whoa, hold on!

to wild for your taste huh? :lick: this is more of a 'vision' to me then just bending letters and adding a curve at every corner of the letter. this turns into that 'vision' when i get it all done... keep in mind this is one letter out of the eight it will be when its finished... the vision i speak of, is not just seeing the word appear, actually maybe seeing no word at all.... the idea is the 'movement' you should catch in the finished product. hard to explain.

12. in2_thevoid

13. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Re: Re: Whoa, hold on!

And that's the problem. What I'm seeing right now is a barely defineable pencil sketch, scanned badly without enough contrast. It is very possible that whatever finished product you're planning out of this COULD look nice, but right now all we have is a bunch of crap to go on. Try posting when you're done next time.

Edit: I forgot, it needs more arrows.

14. Womanizer11

Womanizer11 New Jack

you can make over good work.
    train much.

15. ¤¤FoRGE²¤¤

¤¤FoRGE²¤¤ Member

true...please post the fuckin pic before i cyper nutshot you ...