first attempt in a couple monthes...

in2_thevoid

so what does 12oz think? of course im feelin it (so far). i can see that there is alot of nonsense mixed in all the way to the left, but i was just throwing marks with my pencil in, and hoping ideas would fly from there... BTW, its an 'O'. the form of the O is pretty much all the way to the right, whats on the left is just to give it some flow/style i guess. anyway it is a little something i am cooking up for another forum i am involved with.

im a bit :confused: ,, what do you see in this?

OTconcept.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by in2_thevoid

dont pay attention to all the slop on the left... start from the right and you will see where i am coming from,, hopefully :confused:

Ah...yeah, I can sorta see what you're saying. You should re do it in a darker pen though. Or what evs. It looks pretty cool and abstract.

It looks pretty cool and abstract.

Insane.

This thread is (sort of) another example why I hate some of the writers on this board. There are some toys that just skip letter structure and jump on the "abstract" bandwagon. It's fuckin' incredible. And the worst part is when other toys back shit up with "Yo, that's dope" or "I like that style. Very original, very abstract". Very Fuckin' retarded...

^sorry, just had to say that. And this ain't directed to in2thevoid. I haven't seen anything from in2_thevoid but what's in this thread. So I don't know whether dude has letters or not. He probably does, I don't know. :)

==============================

But on a lighter note...

what do you see in this?

Ummm... So that sketch you just did is a bunch on random strokes from your pencils and you are asking us if we see anything?

^Is that the case or am I just not comprehending?

Well, I see a couple of A's, an F, and a Y. And I seriously don't see that "O" anywhere.

peace.

Originally posted by Yellow Feets

Insane.

This thread is (sort of) another example why I hate some of the writers on this board. There are some toys that just skip letter structure and jump on the "abstract" bandwagon. It's fuckin' incredible. And the worst part is when other toys back shit up with "Yo, that's dope" or "I like that style. Very original, very abstract". Very Fuckin' retarded...

^sorry, just had to say that. And this ain't directed to in2thevoid. I haven't seen anything from in2_thevoid but what's in this thread. So I don't know whether dude has letters or not. He probably does, I don't know. :)

==============================

But on a lighter note...

Ummm... So that sketch you just did is a bunch on random strokes from your pencils and you are asking us if we see anything?

^Is that the case or am I just not comprehending?

Well, I see a couple of A's, an F, and a Y. And I seriously don't see that "O" anywhere.

peace.

wrong, the letter is there.... what i ment is this: ever think a plain letter looks boring? want to throw in a little 'funk', 'connections', ect. to add a little flare of style? thats what i was using the random strokes of my pencil for. i noticed you cant really see what i mean in the scan, not a big deal. when you find that O then talk to me about structure. that structure is my structure, and i dont want to see you using it

Whoa, hold on!

not claiming 'OG' status, but seriously... truly, ive been through more styles then you have been alive in years guy. take it easy.

Nah, the top part of that post WAS NOT directed to you in anyway. I just posted that there because I know for a fact that "they" will look in here.

wrong, the letter is there.... what i ment is this: ever think a plain letter looks boring? want to throw in a little 'funk', 'connections', ect. to add a little flare of style? thats what i was using the random strokes of my pencil for. i noticed you cant really see what i mean in the scan, not a big deal.

1) Yes, I do think plain letters look boring. 2) Yes, "funk" and "connections" are nice unless shit is too wild or out of control. 3) Oh, gotcha.

when you find that O then talk to me about structure. that structure is my structure, and i dont want to see you using it.

What the fuck was this all about?

Re: Whoa, hold on!

Originally posted by Yellow Feets

Nah, the top part of that post WAS NOT directed to you in anyway. I just posted that there because I know for a fact that "they" will look in here.

1) Yes, I do think plain letters look boring. 2) Yes, "funk" and "connections" are nice unless shit is too wild or out of control. 3) Oh, gotcha.

What the fuck was this all about?

to wild for your taste huh? :lick: this is more of a 'vision' to me then just bending letters and adding a curve at every corner of the letter. this turns into that 'vision' when i get it all done... keep in mind this is one letter out of the eight it will be when its finished... the vision i speak of, is not just seeing the word appear, actually maybe seeing no word at all.... the idea is the 'movement' you should catch in the finished product. hard to explain.

Re: Re: Whoa, hold on!

Originally posted by in2_thevoid

this turns into that 'vision' when i get it all done... keep in mind this is one letter out of the eight it will be when its finished... the vision i speak of, is not just seeing the word appear, actually maybe seeing no word at all.... the idea is the 'movement' you should catch in the finished product. hard to explain.

And that's the problem. What I'm seeing right now is a barely defineable pencil sketch, scanned badly without enough contrast. It is very possible that whatever finished product you're planning out of this COULD look nice, but right now all we have is a bunch of crap to go on. Try posting when you're done next time.

Edit: I forgot, it needs more arrows.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What in the fu....?

This is a joke right? Har har, we get jokes. OK......now show us some of your real stuff.

If it's not a joke that's real sad! It looks like it could have potential if I could even make out one fu**ing letter????

What are you here for?

Do you want us to tell you "hey that kicks ass"?

It might be wise to actually finish whatever you were trying in the first place. Because some scribbles arent going to be making anyone happy. And quit being a pussy and do more than one letter

Archived