?Firewall question?

Glue

A firewall is a protection program.

Now i think, basically, what it does is to eliminate all outside contact such as AIM, IRC, game servers....so what this means is that a firewall would stop the computer from conecting and recieiving/transfering data to another remote server...now heresthe question...on a LAN/T-1

would a firewall prevent LAN gaming AND prevent one from recieving a list of servers from a remote host?

if not, then why wont it work and why wont aim or irc work....please help if you have any knowledge of this

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dyptheria

i'm sure you can adjust the parameters of your firewall to include and exclude who/what you wants accessing your files. a lot of people with firewalls are also connected to LANs, so just look at which firewall you are using

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i have a firewall, im not sure about yours, but i can set mine to accept from servers of my choice. a prompt will pop up and i can choose yes or no. i play cs and jk2 just fine. i use aim and mIRC fine also.

Archived