FIREWALL help....computer people, once again, i need ya.

niseNSF

ok, so i cant get audiogalaxy or limewire to run on my computer at school, and i cant figure out why...but after reading a bunch of FAQ sections, i think there might be a firewall at school...but i want this connection cause its a 100X faster than my home one...is there a way around it or what??? this sucks....please help...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

that's generally why firewals exist.

It's either to keep evil away,

or monitor whats coming in.

Most schools have placed a cap on download

size.

What you might try, is set up an FTP site

then have all transfers directed there.

but that's even more nerdy than this.

I thinks you're s.o.l.

"What you might try, is set up an FTP site

then have all transfers directed there.

but that's even more nerdy than this."

yeah i think he might be right, although here at work i use my T1 line, oh so fast, and we got serious firewalls...but the FTP is not bad nise, and im guessing you can figure it out....

try http://www.cuteftp.com/index.shtml you can use it for 30 days free, its pretty easy...granted ive never uploaded with it, but it seems easy enough to do...its supposedly the most user friendly....check it out...r

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 09-20-2001).]

They block the ports that outgoing connections are allowed to use. This means, that they probably blocked every port except for what is absolutely necessary for network operation. Which means, no, you probably can't use anything except for the web browser, no telnet, no ftp, no irc, no nothing.

Invest in a DSL or cable modem at your house.

Archived