1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FIREWALL help....computer people, once again, i need ya.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by niseNSF, Sep 20, 2001.

1. niseNSF

niseNSF 12oz Member

FIREWALL help....computer people, once again, i need ya.

Discussion started by niseNSF - Sep 20, 2001

ok, so i cant get audiogalaxy or limewire to run on my computer at school, and i cant figure out why...but after reading a bunch of FAQ sections, i think there might be a firewall at school...but i want this connection cause its a 100X faster than my home one...is there a way around it or what??? this sucks....please help...

niseNSF - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Sep 20, 2001

that's generally why firewals exist.
    It's either to keep evil away,
    or monitor whats coming in.

Most schools have placed a cap on download
    size.
    What you might try, is set up an FTP site
    then have all transfers directed there.
    but that's even more nerdy than this.

I thinks you're s.o.l.

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Sep 20, 2001

"What you might try, is set up an FTP site
    then have all transfers directed there.
    but that's even more nerdy than this."

yeah i think he might be right, although here at work i use my T1 line, oh so fast, and we got serious firewalls...but the FTP is not bad nise, and im guessing you can figure it out....

try http://www.cuteftp.com/index.shtml you can use it for 30 days free, its pretty easy...granted ive never uploaded with it, but it seems easy enough to do...its supposedly the most user friendly....check it out...r

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 09-20-2001).]

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. silent wrytes - Replied Sep 20, 2001

they are right, and if the ftp client is what your gonna do, I know ways to crack that 30 day bullshit. All shareware can be hacked.

5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Sep 20, 2001

They block the ports that outgoing connections are allowed to use. This means, that they probably blocked every port except for what is absolutely necessary for network operation. Which means, no, you probably can't use anything except for the web browser, no telnet, no ftp, no irc, no nothing.

Invest in a DSL or cable modem at your house.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. CATS

CATS 12oz Senior Member

CATS - Replied Sep 20, 2001

Take dirtys advice

------------------
    One day I hope they make an action figure out of me.

CATS - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: