Finding work when you have a criminal record...

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If it's some juvenile shit you can say you've never convicted and not be lying. I'm told juveniles aren't convicted, they're adjudicated. Yeah though, I say fuck it, lie. I don't think most places can get your criminal record (state and federal jobs aside, why would you want one anyway? and who wants to be a security guard or some shit like that). If your average joe employer really wanted to know what was up with your criminal record I think you'd have to go to city hall and give them some forms or some shit.

Originally posted by toaztlove

If it's some juvenile shit you can say you've never convicted and not be lying. I'm told juveniles aren't convicted,

they said if im asked if ive had a criminal conviction i can say no, but if they ask if i have a criminal record then i have to say yes (unless im gonna lie).....but when i turn 18 it all gets wiped off the system for me anyway;)

amateurs...

just lie.. if they catch you, tell em that they told you it was supposed to be expunged.

and i put communty service on my resume as volunteer work; most organizations won't remember why you're doing it, and, as long as you're cool w/ the folks, it prolly wont come up in a convo.

i have this problem. Im on probation but i never got convicted it was just an arrest. Ill be off paper in 2007. I usually just lie on my applications. either thator i can actually tell teh truth and say ive never been convicted of any crime. But some applications ask if you have ever been put on probation. Go to court. Get a badass lawyer and tell them your interested inlaw enforcement >They can have it expunged . It works . then just ditch the idea .

1.LIE

2.WORK YOUR ASS OFF FOR THEM

when they catch you either give them a sob story or say so and so said it was ok at the court....either way if they see you are a hard worker and an asset to the buisness, 9/10 times they wont fire you.

working any job that would ask about a criminal record doesn't sound like much fun to me.

a friend of mine told me that at the video store he works at, the application said "have you ever been convicted of a crime (not including misdemeanor possesion of marijuana)?"

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

working any job that would ask about a criminal record doesn't sound like much fun to me.

a friend of mine told me that at the video store he works at, the application said "have you ever been convicted of a crime (not including misdemeanor possesion of marijuana)?"

wow, hmm.

How many jobs have you applied to?

Because every application I've ever seen asks.

Originally posted by El Producto

they said if im asked if ive had a criminal conviction i can say no, but if they ask if i have a criminal record then i have to say yes (unless im gonna lie).....but when i turn 18 it all gets wiped off the system for me anyway;)

juvenile records don't get completely wiped, they're not readily accessible by just anyone, but police can look at them for investigative purposes, and a judge can use them to influence their decision. if you had two posession with intent to distribute charges as a juvenile, for example, and got a third as an adult, the judge could choose harsher sentencing. the military looks at that type of shit too..

you can try and get that shit expunged but I'd imagine it ain't easy.

Just try and get the judge to see you are a productive member of society....

And the military takes criminals. You just have to get a waiver. But I don't think you'd want to join the military....

Or you could lie. Aren't criminal records a public record though? I know you can access court hearings.

The resume thing is a good idea. You got enough skills you shouldn't have a problem finding work I would say but I don't really know how bad the civilian workforce is doing right now. Pretty bad from what I hear.

Well good luck.