Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Finding work when you have a criminal record...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, May 22, 2004.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

I was wondering how many people here have had to do this. What's the best solution to getting a job if you have a criminal record?

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

3. toaztlove

toaztlove New Jack

If it's some juvenile shit you can say you've never convicted and not be lying. I'm told juveniles aren't convicted, they're adjudicated. Yeah though, I say fuck it, lie. I don't think most places can get your criminal record (state and federal jobs aside, why would you want one anyway? and who wants to be a security guard or some shit like that). If your average joe employer really wanted to know what was up with your criminal record I think you'd have to go to city hall and give them some forms or some shit.

4. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

SUCCCCCKER!!!

haha. :lol:

5. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

You could work at McDonalds. Not really. In fifth grade kids actually wanted to work there because they like it so much. Pathetic.

6. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

they said if im asked if ive had a criminal conviction i can say no, but if they ask if i have a criminal record then i have to say yes (unless im gonna lie).....but when i turn 18 it all gets wiped off the system for me anyway;)

7. JerryCurl

JerryCurl Member

Put a bunch of volunteer work on your resume

8. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

dirty we talked about this on AIM briefly, did you plead guilty or non-guilty?

9. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

amateurs...

just lie.. if they catch you, tell em that they told you it was supposed to be expunged.

and i put communty service on my resume as volunteer work; most organizations won't remember why you're doing it, and, as long as you're cool w/ the folks, it prolly wont come up in a convo.

10. NOE1

NOE1 Junior Member

i have this problem. Im on probation but i never got convicted it was just an arrest. Ill be off paper in 2007. I usually just lie on my applications. either thator i can actually tell teh truth and say ive never been convicted of any crime. But some applications ask if you have ever been put on probation. Go to court. Get a badass lawyer and tell them your interested inlaw enforcement >They can have it expunged . It works . then just ditch the idea .

11. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

12. 8onus

8onus Banned

1.LIE

2.WORK YOUR ASS OFF FOR THEM

when they catch you either give them a sob story or say so and so said it was ok at the court....either way if they see you are a hard worker and an asset to the buisness, 9/10 times they wont fire you.

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

The plus side is that having a criminal record is a good way to get out of jury duty.

14. dANce'N'grAf

dANce'N'grAf Guest

shit im glad im still clean as a whislte....i get fired enuff as it is lol

15. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

wait seven years.