finding black widows in your house

synaps

for the record, I'm about the most aracnophobic motherfucker alive.

seeing a daddy long legs will make me jump and squeel like a bitch. just

last week I found a spider web in my car and then refused to drive it

for about 4days.

my fear is a long story that roots from my childhood and brotherly

love.

I live in a very garden district esque neighborhood in downtown orlando.

plenty of trees and a fair amount of wildlife considering it's a

downtown area. my house is right on a mini-lake, so we have a decent

amount more wildlife than other places downtown.

anyhows... I use my garage as my art studio, weight room and outside

patio/chill area for when the weather is nice. I'm almost always out

there every weekend painting and/or relaxing with the dogs watching

people run/walk/cycle/fish by the lake.

about a month ago I was moving things around to make place for the new

boxing bag I just bought and as I moved the pool table, I spotted an

evil beast plotting my demise from afar. at first I didn't notice what

kind of spider it was because, well to be honest, I was to afraid to go

within 2 meters of the fucker. after a while of looking at it, I went a

bit closer to confirm my suspicions of it being what I thought it was.

after some hesitation, I finally got around to killing the behemoth.

needless to say, I didn't go back into the garage for a month.

today I decided to brave the garage and go out paint a canvas. after finishing up and drinking a few beers while watching my sunday pass by, i noticed spider eggs in the corner of my eye. after looking closer, i noticed another black window (both now females) guarding the eggs.

im a bit bugged out right now (pun intended).

i mean, my fear of spiders aside, i can deal with seeing them occasionally. but this isnt exactly your common household spider. the black widow will fuck you the fuck up in the worst way.

i'm debating what i should do. i'm thinking about telling my rental company to kiss my ass and that i wont be paying rent until they get someone to come in and spray the house. originally i let it pass thinking that the chances of seeing another one were so minimal that i wouldnt bother saying/doing anything. but now that i've seen two within the space of a month (and a brown recluse about 3months ago), one of which was guarding her eggs... i'm pretty concerned.

any thoughts?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Glik0@Jul 25 2005, 12:54 AM

spraycan + lighter = Spider killer

yeah, thats what i just did with this one and it's eggs. the first widow i saw a friend crushed with his foot.

one of my biggest concerns is that when i looked at the eggs earlier, it seemed like one pouch had already openned. scary thought, for me at least.

chatted to my neighbor and he's found a couple before.

just really bugs me out that i hate a population of deadly spiders living around my house.

yea man, i got an old head buddy that grew up in alabama, and they are pretty rampant in the south.

i take it you havent lived there for too long??? well anyway i believe i recall him saying they are nocturnal

(although dont qoute me its been about 2 years since i had this conversation with him) im sure you can google it,

but yes, i would demand the landlord exterminate if i were you. because were there is 1.... oh, and go kill those 2

females and the eggs NOW... and god i hope you killed that brown recluse nest

(im not trying to freak you out, but they CAN fucking kill you man...) oops, family guys on gotta go... good luck bro...

i don't this a black widow calls for a full house extermination.

just get a vaccum and suck the spiders to death. but if u think that it'll come crawling back out for whatever reason, call a friend and have them kill it.

not to be mean or anything, but not going to your garage for a month b/c of a spider (even though it is a black widow) is kind of excessive. your brother must have fucked with you pretty bad

this is weird cause last night, i spotted this typical brownish spider making its web right by my door. i get the spider/ant/roach killer and spray the fuck out of it. it comes down fast while still spinning its web and shrivels up. i felt almost half bad, so i put it out of its misery by stomping and dragging my foot 5 feet on the cement.

THEN a few hours later, i spot this black spider crawling on one of my bueros. (sp? those things that hold clothes.) so i go to kill it, and it puts on its sonic boom and speeds away into my sock/underwear drawer.

GREAT.

so im opening and closing it trying to find this speedy critter, but i cannot find it.

fast foward to today. im playing my guitar and my friend spots the same spider literelly 3 feet away from the place i saw it last night.

so i get into kill-action mode.

the spider again puts on its sonic boom and bolts in circles all over my papers and books. im stomping and tearing apart my books but i never knew if i killed it cause i couldnt find its doofy corpse.

i (maybe) have yet to meet this asshole again.

Originally posted by sarcasm@Jul 25 2005, 01:00 AM

your brother must have fucked with you pretty bad

my older bro collected spiders when he was a kid. he had over 250 different types of spiders and close to a thousand in total, many of which were venomous.

sometimes i'd wake up with him dumping his whole collection on bed. other times he would take his larger spiders (he had a goliath birdeater, baboon spider and a grip of other big motherfuckers) and wake me up with them wrapped around my face.

i could go on, there was a lot more. but hey, my fear is my fear. unless you shared it, no words could ever truly explain why i have it.

ive heard there are brown recluses around here, but i dont know what the fuck they look like. usually any black widows are on the outside of the house. older houses usually get them in the garage too.

your situation sounds normal. especially for summer. i never see them any other time of the year.

i feel you synaps...i find spiders in my room 3 times a week,i woke up yesterday with a huge ass bug bite on my ass,and i knew it was a spider...

but anyways on another note..i was painting this tunnel about 3 years ago,and this huge spider comes out of a crack.i used half of a rusto white to kill that thing...and it was still walkin around,finally it just kinda fell over.ive always been afraid of the things though...

hahaha....oh man.....I fucking HATE those things....I used to live in Bullhead City,Az. and those critters run rampant.....I remember when I was like 13 or so....I went and got my bike out of the garage and started to ride it down my driveway and all of a sudden a BIG black widow came jamming out of my front forks towards the handlebars...I hopped off that shit and let it "ghost ride" into the middle of the street...I remember I counted like 17 black widows just chillin' in different spots in the garage....we had our house exterminated but that shit only works for so long and they just set up shop again...Brown Recluses are the worst by far though....those things suck.

you will know a brown recluse if you happen to notice the "violin" on thier back.....stay away.

I got bit by brown recluses on two seperate occassions in Georgia. Those motherfuckers are everywhere out there. Anyway, it gives you this infection which first starts out as a small bump. If you go to the doctor and take care of it within a week or so its no big deal at all. The only way that shit will kill you is if you let some huge fucking infection grown on your body for months at a time. Its actually pretty common to get a brown recluse bite (in some parts of the country, anyway).

Ahhh hell fucking no man I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread. I had a friend who collected spiders he happened to not like his mom, for some reason or another. He had some that were still alive and shit kinda like pets but for an idiot and he would put them on his mom when she would fall asleep on the couch and shit. If I woke up with one of those fuckers on my face I would kill it no matter what that fucker is going to die.

They say Brown Recluses arent in NY but I swear to fucking god I've seen them. My boy had one in his car one time, came out fo the airvent on the passagener side where i was sitting i almost fell out of the moving car getting away from the fucking thing, then procceeded to pound the shit out of the bug with some napkins.