Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

finding black widows in your house

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by synaps, Jul 24, 2005.

1. synaps

synaps Senior Member

for the record, I'm about the most aracnophobic motherfucker alive.
    seeing a daddy long legs will make me jump and squeel like a bitch. just
    last week I found a spider web in my car and then refused to drive it
    for about 4days.
    my fear is a long story that roots from my childhood and brotherly
    love.

I live in a very garden district esque neighborhood in downtown orlando.
    plenty of trees and a fair amount of wildlife considering it's a
    downtown area. my house is right on a mini-lake, so we have a decent
    amount more wildlife than other places downtown.
    anyhows... I use my garage as my art studio, weight room and outside
    patio/chill area for when the weather is nice. I'm almost always out
    there every weekend painting and/or relaxing with the dogs watching
    people run/walk/cycle/fish by the lake.

about a month ago I was moving things around to make place for the new
    boxing bag I just bought and as I moved the pool table, I spotted an
    evil beast plotting my demise from afar. at first I didn't notice what
    kind of spider it was because, well to be honest, I was to afraid to go
    within 2 meters of the fucker. after a while of looking at it, I went a
    bit closer to confirm my suspicions of it being what I thought it was.

after some hesitation, I finally got around to killing the behemoth.
    needless to say, I didn't go back into the garage for a month.

today I decided to brave the garage and go out paint a canvas. after finishing up and drinking a few beers while watching my sunday pass by, i noticed spider eggs in the corner of my eye. after looking closer, i noticed another black window (both now females) guarding the eggs.

im a bit bugged out right now (pun intended).
    i mean, my fear of spiders aside, i can deal with seeing them occasionally. but this isnt exactly your common household spider. the black widow will fuck you the fuck up in the worst way.

i'm debating what i should do. i'm thinking about telling my rental company to kiss my ass and that i wont be paying rent until they get someone to come in and spray the house. originally i let it pass thinking that the chances of seeing another one were so minimal that i wouldnt bother saying/doing anything. but now that i've seen two within the space of a month (and a brown recluse about 3months ago), one of which was guarding her eggs... i'm pretty concerned.

any thoughts?

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

spraycan + lighter = Spider killer

3. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

stop being a pussy and kill those things before they get you in your sleep?

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Invest in shoes.

5. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

I grew up in a dry ass place, where no posionous spiders were around, but just recently moved to CA, and now im all flighty about getting shit out of the basement and i feel like a litte girl.

6. synaps

synaps Senior Member

yeah, thats what i just did with this one and it's eggs. the first widow i saw a friend crushed with his foot.

one of my biggest concerns is that when i looked at the eggs earlier, it seemed like one pouch had already openned. scary thought, for me at least.

chatted to my neighbor and he's found a couple before.

just really bugs me out that i hate a population of deadly spiders living around my house.

7. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka Elite Member

yea man, i got an old head buddy that grew up in alabama, and they are pretty rampant in the south.
    i take it you havent lived there for too long??? well anyway i believe i recall him saying they are nocturnal
    (although dont qoute me its been about 2 years since i had this conversation with him) im sure you can google it,
    but yes, i would demand the landlord exterminate if i were you. because were there is 1.... oh, and go kill those 2
    females and the eggs NOW... and god i hope you killed that brown recluse nest
    (im not trying to freak you out, but they CAN fucking kill you man...) oops, family guys on gotta go... good luck bro...

8. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

i don't this a black widow calls for a full house extermination.

just get a vaccum and suck the spiders to death. but if u think that it'll come crawling back out for whatever reason, call a friend and have them kill it.

not to be mean or anything, but not going to your garage for a month b/c of a spider (even though it is a black widow) is kind of excessive. your brother must have fucked with you pretty bad

9. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

this is weird cause last night, i spotted this typical brownish spider making its web right by my door. i get the spider/ant/roach killer and spray the fuck out of it. it comes down fast while still spinning its web and shrivels up. i felt almost half bad, so i put it out of its misery by stomping and dragging my foot 5 feet on the cement.

THEN a few hours later, i spot this black spider crawling on one of my bueros. (sp? those things that hold clothes.) so i go to kill it, and it puts on its sonic boom and speeds away into my sock/underwear drawer.

GREAT.

so im opening and closing it trying to find this speedy critter, but i cannot find it.

fast foward to today. im playing my guitar and my friend spots the same spider literelly 3 feet away from the place i saw it last night.

so i get into kill-action mode.

the spider again puts on its sonic boom and bolts in circles all over my papers and books. im stomping and tearing apart my books but i never knew if i killed it cause i couldnt find its doofy corpse.

i (maybe) have yet to meet this asshole again.

10. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah I've been noticing a lot of large black spiders here around my place. Fuck that shit.

Also a whole lot of large large fucking large hornets.

11. synaps

synaps Senior Member

my older bro collected spiders when he was a kid. he had over 250 different types of spiders and close to a thousand in total, many of which were venomous.

sometimes i'd wake up with him dumping his whole collection on bed. other times he would take his larger spiders (he had a goliath birdeater, baboon spider and a grip of other big motherfuckers) and wake me up with them wrapped around my face.

i could go on, there was a lot more. but hey, my fear is my fear. unless you shared it, no words could ever truly explain why i have it.

12. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

i see these things too much.
    is it true that their stings are alot worse then regular wasps?

and they need to stop with their wings that dont ever stop moving.

13. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

ive heard there are brown recluses around here, but i dont know what the fuck they look like. usually any black widows are on the outside of the house. older houses usually get them in the garage too.

your situation sounds normal. especially for summer. i never see them any other time of the year.

14. Cracksmoka

Cracksmoka Elite Member

black widows stay in the south or the extreme north on the east coast (i believe)
    brown recluses are more widespread, although more seldom seen (hence the name) they are fairly small though...

15. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

i feel you synaps...i find spiders in my room 3 times a week,i woke up yesterday with a huge ass bug bite on my ass,and i knew it was a spider...

but anyways on another note..i was painting this tunnel about 3 years ago,and this huge spider comes out of a crack.i used half of a rusto white to kill that thing...and it was still walkin around,finally it just kinda fell over.ive always been afraid of the things though...