Finally made a website!

hayabusa_2.0

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Looks good mate, only thing is the sidebar on the left seems to be a bit far out. It looks different on both my monitors but there's a bit of a white space there. Apart from that, it's simple and the banner is super cool! I'll throw it in my bookmarks. About to set up a WP page myself tonight, it's been a while since I've used it.

Yeah man, looking good I like it, its not full of clutter, & bells and whistles etc I like it as its clean, straight to the point and easy to navigate about to your work etc, ... I wouldn't know where to start making one myself, Big Props..

I'll Bookmark it and give it five stars, (xmarks site)

pZ..

Looks nice. Just how an artists website should be... clean and simple. Let the work speak for itself. To reiterate what was said before me, the page sits justified right on the screen. A tweak in the spacing should fix that.

I was just in your Vancouver for a show of my own with Kofie, Sueme and Remi/Rough. We painted two huge murals on Moda Hotel in downtown. Had a blast. Vancouver is expensive...

Looks nice. Just how an artists website should be... clean and simple. Let the work speak for itself. To reiterate what was said before me, the page sits justified right on the screen. A tweak in the spacing should fix that.

I was just in your Vancouver for a show of my own with Kofie, Sueme and Remi/Rough. We painted two huge murals on Moda Hotel in downtown. Had a blast. Vancouver is expensive...

That hotel turned out amazing!

Thanks to everyone for all your feedback

Just had a few things tweaked for IE users that should fix some problems. I am still going to tweak things more here and there, but the overall look/simplicity will remain the same

expect lots of updates :)

• 2 weeks later...

excuse my quick ms paint thing, but this is what i would do to change the site.

obviously line width on the enclosure box and that link text in the black bar under the header would need to change size.

i would also change the links in the body from blue to something a little closer to the regular text's color, as when I am scrolling down my eyes automatically jump to the links instead of the image or text.

haybusa.jpg.798db9ebe0aa7dd2607989212202a962.jpg

Looks dope. I see you must have changed it a bit since the others got a chance to comment on it.

My only suggestions are:

Normally when I'm looking through sites the first thing i notice as the unity (or lack thereof) between the pages. You got a good unity goin on here, except for one minor thing... that kinds sticks out like a sore thumb - the placement of the content on the new page versus all the other pages. If you wanted to fix this, you should easily be able to shift the news content over closer to the navigation, where all the other page contents are... but I actually kinda dig the novelty of that space between the nave and the news content, so i'd personally probably go the other way around and move the content of all the other pages to match the placement of the news page.

Otherwise, I'd probably change the "visited link" color to something other than default, if not just the same color as the main link color. that's minor stuff though.

But yeah, sick site & lovin those owl drawings. Bookmarking

yeh the space for the news page has been something thats been bugging me as well but i havent sat down to think about fixing it. its mainly cuz the news page is my free wordpress page so it has its own look and margins which ive had trouble copying on my other pages

thanks for all your guys feedback!

once i get a little break in work and stuff ill look to work on the site design, but at the moment i am working on the content :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...