1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Lush, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Discussion started by Lush - Jul 12, 2001

Did anybody else see this movie yet? I have to admit that I really didn't want to go see it at first, and when my boyfriend told me to get ready because our friends were a minute away from his place to pick us up for it, I wasn't too impressed. BUT after I finally figured out what the hell those damn shadowy spirits were and what was happening I rather enjoyed myself. I didn't know what the hell was going on in the very beginning. I thought it might be some game/dream sequence/virtual reality thing.

I thought the animation was incredible. There were a few parts where they moved more like apes than humans, and I've gotta say they really didn't move their lips too much. There were a few small parts where the characters movements were right on though.

The script kinda sucked. Steve Buschemi's lines were mostly terrible, which is too bad because I think he's great. I thought I heard Donald Sutherland in there as the old guy (anybody else think so?), and I was kinda mad that they killed so many people at the end. I also hated the token sentimental part when they shoot out into space and have that little make out session.

hopefully if you haven't seen it I haven't ruined it for you. anyway I liked it,and I usually hate action flicks

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. curious george

curious george 12oz Senior Member

curious george - Replied Jul 12, 2001

you fuckin blew it for me! i was about to go see it!

curious george - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 12, 2001

i was hopin it would be like the game...you know...bahamut zero and that type of shit...
    but i think hollywood producers might have fucked it up.....the game blew my ass away....
    i wonder what the movie would do....
    when does it come out?

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

MR. Slugworth - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. brown twinkie

brown twinkie 12oz Veteran Member

brown twinkie - Replied Jul 12, 2001

as far as i know, the actual body movements are totally human...actors hookt up with sensors that mimic exactly smooth human movement....i think the lip movement thing is the biggest hurdle they've got these days for making it really convincing...............i might go see it.....probably not.

brown twinkie - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. charlie dundar

charlie dundar 12oz Member

charlie dundar - Replied Jul 12, 2001

it is worth seeing the ending is a little off but oh well

charlie dundar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Lush - Replied Jul 12, 2001

It came out yesterday or the day before I think.

I've never played the game or heard anything about it, so I can't say anything about the connection between the two....

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. Johnboy

Johnboy 12oz Junior Member

Johnboy - Replied Jul 12, 2001

went to see it tonight, about an hour into the movie, when they switched reels, the second reel was upside down, and playing in reverse, so they stopped the movie and gave out refunds, shitty, and i don't know when i'll bother to see the rest.

------------------
    Will there ever be a Rainbow?

Johnboy - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 12, 2001

when it played in reverse did it speul out some satanic message or government message?...oh i guess it would be the same....oh well..but did it?

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

MR. Slugworth - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. Johnboy

Johnboy 12oz Junior Member

Johnboy - Replied Jul 12, 2001

naw, just gibberish, but it when on for almost 5 minutes before anything was done about it

------------------
    Will there ever be a Rainbow?

Johnboy - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  10. charlie dundar

charlie dundar 12oz Member

charlie dundar - Replied Jul 13, 2001

i saw the action figures today,and while i was in love[really]with aki jones on the silver screen her plastic model looks like an older link from legend of zelda with dyed hair.fuck ban dai....

charlie dundar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: