FINAL 4 ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT EPISODES

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

i thought the final 4 episodes were the perfect ending...everything was tied up perfectly. when anyang showed up on the ship, i literally died laughing. george jr's wedding, the "nellie" business, buster's final moment with the yellow tied seal, gob hooking up with anne...it was genius.

im kinda drunk so i cant really go into detail, but i wanted to see what other people thought.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i doubt that even if HBO puts up an offer to continue the show.. the whole cast would carry over.. theyre better off getting the ron howard and the writer to just pitch a new show with the same feel and possibly some of the same actors... in interviews theysaid it would be kind of inevitable.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Feb 11 2006, 06:11 PM

HBO said no way. Showtime said maybe, though.

what sucks now is that the writers are going to seriously write that show out of a hole. the last episode was amazing, but it completely tied everything up and ended the whole series in a pretty complete sort of way.

• 3 weeks later...

Showtime to pick up Arrested Development?

March 1, 2006 at 01:55:00 PM

Cable network reportedly picks up 26 episodes, but nets are mum on the truth.

Will the Showtime go on?

The New York Post's Page Six gossip column reports that cable network Showtime has picked up 26 episodes of the canceled cult sitcom Arrested Development. The show was axed by Fox after three seasons of Emmy-winning hilarity due to perennially low ratings. Neither network had anything to say officially.

In January, Showtime president Peter Greenblat told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour that his network was seriously considering picking up the show.

"I always thought it was probably a better fit on a cable network than on a broadcast network," Greenblatt said. "And you know, in fact, I think it really does fit in with a lot of the things that we're doing."

The deal was contingent upon the involvement of show creator Mitchell Hurwitz--at the time, he was having reservations about continuing with the show after three years of stressful dealings with Fox.

"I think he's the genius behind it, and he hasn't yet come to that decision to continue the show," Greenblatt said of Hurwitz.

Arrested Development averaged around 4 million viewers a week in its third and final season, paltry by broadcast TV standards but huge for a cable network like Showtime. In contrast, Weeds, a popular Showtimes series, averages less than 500,000 viewers a week. Even king of the cable hill HBO commands only a few million viewers per week for its non-Sopranos shows--the Mafia-inspired drama, which returns March 16, garners 10 million to 11 million viewers a week.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...