FIGHTING YOUR BROTHER

Daddy Screw

I live in a small flat in a high rise with my mother and my 16 year old brother who i hate (love) to death.I am 5 years older. growing up, we used to fight, a lot.

the fighting stopped when i turned about 18 and he was, like, 13. I guess i matured and saw there was no real point in fighting unless someone was trying to kill me, in which case i'd try and kill them first, so i know a few fatal moves, and i try to avoid fighting as much as possible.

My brother, however, is 16 going on 49 now. I can see a lot of myself in him when i was sixteen ~ the LOVE for hip hop , the rawness, the arrogance, the ignorance, the don't-give-a-fuck, the general gangsta attitude, and having been there already, I have to say its quite a shitty place. I don't get down with all that gangsta shit anymore (some of the music is ok tho', mobb deep etc), the total disregard for other people, because i know for a fact most gangstas are really insecure and fucked up people.but i do appreciate the fact he has to go through it in order to get to another place, (read:rebel).

As we live in small flat, noise penetrates the walls quite easily, and my brother downloads all these mp3's and plays them loud all the fucking time, and simply refuses to turn it down. anyway one of the neighbours, quite old, showed up the other day and was like 'i've had three stokes recently, and you've been blasting me out my house with your music, since before christmas, i beg you turn it down'. so the next day my brother continues blasting out the music.

I go into his room.

BASF: Richie could you please it turn it down. the neighbours complained yesterday. we'll get kicked out this building if they complain to the landlord.

BASF YOUNGER BRO: (sitting at computer) huh?

BASF: (shouting over loud-ass music) COULD YOU PLEASE TURN IT DOWN YOU'RE DRIVING EVERYONE MAD

B.Y.B:WHY DON'T YOU CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR?GET OUT OF MY ROOM.

B:It doesn't make that much difference. look, you really need to turn the music down. Please, i don't want to fight you.

BYB: sorry, what? I'm busy.

In a blind rage, I then proceed to pull the audio cable from his computer to his sound system along with the keyboard and the mouse out and all comes crashing to the floor. I throw audio cable into the rubbish bin, and go back to doing the washing up. next thing i know, my brother is coming at me with a small aluminium baseball bat.

B: You gonna fuck me up for asking you to turn it down?

B.Y.B: (by now in a HUGE fit of rage) YOU THINK ITS A JOKE? YOU THINK ITS A FUCKING JOKE??

B: Well hit me then.

B.Y.B: (hesitantly swinging bat and purposely missing) YOU FUCKING CUNT!

He then proceeds to hit me a couple times with the bat, on my left arm.

B: Did that make you feel better?

B.Y.B: YES IT DID, GOOD, YOU FUCKING CUNT

I then grab the bat, and throw it across the room, and he immediatley tries to get me in headlock as he knows this is the only way he's got a chance. I resist, a small scuffle ensues (no puches, just wrestling,really) and he goes back to his room in tears and i notice blood comin out his mouth. I dunno what from as I never tried to attack him, only protect myself. then, later on, i find out he somehow fractured one of the bones in my hand.I'd never broken any bone in my before this day. Little bastard. Being a Dj/trumpet player its really fucking inconvenient, having a broken hand.

This beef is still on going(this morning he said to me i'll break your other hand as well, and i'm not gonna apologise) I need some advice, i know someone else has been through this. I love my brother very much as he's the only one i have, and I need to teach him a lesson, but i don't want him to hate me, which what would happen if i tried to beat him up.

If i take it to the same physical level as he has, one of us will end up dead.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah my bro is about the same with me, just make him see shit from your point of view, hes gotta have some sort of common sense right?explain to him that fighting about it is fucked up and childish, and that he should learn some respect for other people. you wouldnt have disrespected his computer if he would have respected what other people had asked of him, it works both ways, you obviously have alot of respect for him or you wouldnt be asking for advice on a forum full of strangers, if you didnt you wouldnt care. just sit him down and explain shit to him. word.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

yeah my bro is about the same with me, just make him see shit from your point of view, hes gotta have some sort of common sense right?explain to him that fighting about it is fucked up and childish, and that he should learn some respect for other people. you wouldnt have disrespected his computer if he would have respected what other people had asked of him, it works both ways, you obviously have alot of respect for him or you wouldnt be asking for advice on a forum full of strangers, if you didnt you wouldnt care. just sit him down and explain shit to him. word.

He refuses to listen. he would rather fight than comprimise.

Right now, I think the best thing to do is just ignore him for as long as possible, and give him what he wants, that way he can work out himself if we're better warring or united.

I'm going on holiday to zimbabwe/south africa in 9 days for about 3 months so i think i'll just leave without saying anything.

Originally posted by Jackson

Pin him down, knees to upper arms while on top of him. Repeatedly poke him in the chest, hard.

When he is paralysed explain the situation and threaten him with pain.

after that he'll get up, grab some sharp/hard object and then start trashing my room and all my shit, i'll see that he's destroyed my decks, and then i'll smash up his computer/ burn his avirex jacket, and then he'll come at me with a knife,stab me twice in chest, and then i'll pull it out and slit his thoat, all with my mum in tears in the background.

(worst case scenario)

Originally posted by When

nothing much you can do if he wont listen

without it coming to violence

maybe buy him a badass set of headphones

good idea, i might give that a try, he's blatantly not expecting me to do something like that. however, totally ignoring him may cause him more pain, and i think he needs to feel pain (preferably psychological) in order to balance out fracturing my fucking hand. Also he needs to realise if he goes through life like this he'll either end up dead or in jail.

Originally posted by Jackson

Hahah hes got an avirex?!

Just jack it and say that its yours till he sorts his life out. Its all about hostages in situations like this, and the rex is the perfect solution.

:king:

now you know what* kind of vibe he's on innit? avirex/new era caps/air force ones.

theres quite a few revenge plots i've thought up.

(1)- start acting all safe. say i was wrong, and i'm sorry and he should be able to do what he wants really.

-invite him out to pub.

-have couple drinks

-on the way home beat the fuck out of him

-explain why i did it

(2)- as above but also delete ALL his mp3's (about 20 gigs)

thats about it right now.

*edit

Originally posted by BASF

(2)- as above but also delete ALL his mp3's (about 20 gigs)

thats about it right now.

*edit

thats cold man...

just burn the AV. the world will be a better place for it.

me and my brothers are the same. im the middle and without sounding egotistical, i can easily beat both brothers at the same time. my older one is a weedy cunt and my little one is starting to turn into a little grunger so he gets beatings everynow and then.

worst thing that ever happened between my older brother and i is that after some arguement (probably along the lines of: him "you steal my skunk?" me: "yeah, and what?") i ddt'ed (remember that badboy move?) onto a concrete floor so he stabbed me in the head. 6 stitches.

Having 3 brothers and a stubborn streak a mile long, i can tell you about sibling conflict.

If you really want him to learn a meaningful, adult lesson from all this, then buy him the headphones, sit down and quietly explain why you wanted him to turn down the music and that you don't want to fight him ever. Beating him up, deleting his mp3's, taking his shit or not saying anything to him at all before you go away is just going to make things worse. Things are going to boil for a long time and it'll just turn into a bloody game of revenge.

On a sidenote, one of my younger brothers is going through exactly the same path i went through when i was his age. He's making a name for himself as a writer, he's hanging out with dumbfuck car thieves and drug addicts and he's killing his brain cells by bingedrinking and smoking weed every weekend. When i did it, i remember having a great time, but whenever i see him and his friends doing it, i just wanna grab him and tell him to stop fucking himself up with that shit. I never realised how protective i was of my brothers till i realised that. So now, i never beat him up (unless he deserves it) and i try my best to look out for him. I never realised that being an adult would make me be so.......i think nice is the word i'm looking for.

Originally posted by Hoblow

If you really want him to learn a meaningful, adult lesson from all this, then buy him the headphones, sit down and quietly explain why you wanted him to turn down the music and that you don't want to fight him ever. Beating him up, deleting his mp3's, taking his shit or not saying anything to him at all before you go away is just going to make things worse.

being a hard-headed 16 year old,i think he might have a few problems listening to what i have to say, but this seems like the best solution so far. you're the only person who hasn't told me to beat him up.

the runner up solution so far is to ignore, cos i know if he did that shit to me it would hurt like fuck cos we done been through mad drama.

the other runner up solution would be burn avirex. mos def. if i do, i'll post flix.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

i actually hate my brother.

yes. i do mean it. i think hes a fucking scumbag. last time we fought i put him through a wall and almost choked him to death. this was probably a few years ago as i try to avoid him at all costs now.

this is exactly what i don't want. IMHO, the bond between brothers is fuckin mad, its almost psychic, like i know what he would potentially think in situation x and he knows the same for me. terrible thing to waste, no?

have you got any other siblings?

Originally posted by kido

smoke some herb with him... trust me on this one.

It will bring oyu guys on a new level. I have a sixteent year old bro also. We never got along unitil I found out he started smoking pot and listening to Led Zeppelin and shit. tripple word

my brother had his first spliff probably when he was about 11. we smoked weed together for the first time when i was 18 and he was like 13. fucked up, i know, but hey.

he now deals, and always wants to use my fucking scales.