Fighting and getting heated after getting gone over..

Clever Name

** NOTE: This has been edited with the new title of "Why Fighting Over Graff Is Stupid But Sometimes Has To Be Done Because Dumb Fucks Will Always Be Themselves. **

---------------------------------------

I'll probably piss people off with this thread, but that's always fun on here.

Going over someone else's graf is the EXACT equivalent of that piece of property being hit in the first place, only when this happens it's the writers who are turning into the concerned citizens and getting all 'up in arms' over graf being done.

Where's the logic here?

Admiration for a nice piece or spot and letting it ride forever is dope but wanting to kill someone because they disprespected your graf --something that in itself is disrespectful in the first place -- only turns you into a hypocrite (or a dumb thug, which is an equal waste of human flesh and oxygen).

Battles can be fun until people actually take them personally and think their "writer rights" have been violated or some shit. Comedy!

Obvious response to this thread: "Whatever asshole, if someone goes over my shit they're gettin fucked up, plain and simple." <--- DUMBASS ALERT !

Quit fighting over this shit you morons -- it's fucking neanderthal behavior.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres a simple solution....DONT GO OVER OTHER PEOPLES SHIT...to be more specific...if its a illegal shot and theres shit allready there..wait till it gets buffed or go find your own spot...if its a peicing spot and you dont know the person or its not your spot...go find your own spot...

following these examples should exempt you from all drama involved in going over people..........

i was walking home today and looking at all the blank walls. so your telling me that you had to go over something i did because i have such a nice spot while there was fifty feet to the left of mine. that just doesn't make sense. if i put the effort to get that clean spot first. then its mine till it gets buffed. and if you do go over it ill take it back the next night and go after your shit till the beef is settled... whether its via squashing it or fighting for it although squashing it is prefered. peace

if you write and u get all up in arms and are ready to crush skulls when someone goes over your stuff it just means you only been writting for about a year or two im not saying im some old school writter but i been writting for some years now and i really donnt give a fuck about any of it neither does anyone else yeh maybe youll be like fuck his and go diss there shit or whatever but im not gonna go fight them

......lame......

It all goes along with respect. If you respect another writer then you DON'T go over his shit. It's an old school belief that you can have or don't. I don't go over peoples shit unless it's a legal wall and even then I am picky about what I go over. If I can do better, I'll buff. You need to respect the fact that they are there to create same as you. When you go over someone just to over-up a spot it's weak. Just my opinion. GO FIND YOUR OWN SPOT. Don't disrespect or you might get split up and releived of your goods. Just be careful.

CAPS...... who cares.

Originally posted by colt45oe800

i was walking home today and looking at all the blank walls. so your telling me that you had to go over something i did because i have such a nice spot while there was fifty feet to the left of mine. that just doesn't make sense. if i put the effort to get that clean spot first. then its mine till it gets buffed. and if you do go over it ill take it back the next night and go after your shit till the beef is settled...

Nope, I'm not talking about the politics of WHY people go over each other, I'm just saying it's fucking retarded when somebody gets dissed or whatever then moans about it or "vows revenge." Gimme a fucking break.

"Admiration for a nice piece or spot and letting it ride forever is dope " -- me.

I'd probably be pissed if a good spot I did got gone over for no apparent reason, but oh well, that's what you get yourself into as soon as you decide to put the paint on the wall. It'd be cool if heads would just battle for real. People talk a good game but rarely does anybody keep shit STRICTLY on walls, they wanna be Mobb Deep. If somebody battled it out with me I'd shake their hand when it was over and thank them for the run.

where i live if clever name went over someone and tried to explain that since graff. is all about disrespecting other peoples property you shouldnt mind if someone goes over you, chances are A: he would get smacked, B: he would get smacked and kicked C:he would get maced smacked kicked and robbed D: he would get smacked kicked robbed maced and dissed E: he would get smacked kicked robbed maced knocked out and have his shit get dissed for a long time, or if hes lucky he would just look like a chump. Regardless, his point of view is flawed...Respect has a lot to do with graffiti writing. going over people you dont know is risky...cause you dont know them..generally its cool if you burn what you go over or have good cause, you still run the risk...and out of personal advice i sincerely recomend not using the logic stated previously. Writers out here risk alot to write so if you go over there ups with out good cause its generally reason for a serious response...granted situations vary but dont push your luck...stay off other peoples shit and burn their peices in peicing spots if you go over them and just to be nice leave a note showing respect. and if you know your not going to burn it go find your own spot, that will get you good karma in general in my opinion

Guest willy.wonka

damn dude,i was just recently capped..a nice freestyle piece...for a bunch of bullshit i got myself into with my fans from 12oz....i should of just said nothing....these fucks wrote fuck you all over my shit and told me to learn to respect and stop sidebusting....i didnt get it...who was i sidebusting?i did not know....it was my first piece since i came back to my homeland....

so i went with my homie and capped the guys who we thought had some involvement...now i guess we are at war....im too old for this...these guys think ima go fist to fist....hahahhahahha....im a evil fighter..i believe in everything,but guns and knifes.

it sucks really....i dont need to go to jail for some little toys doing,but these guys want a war.my boys want it,i dont...looks like im gonna bop some heads this summer...

Here is one way to look at things... Lets say a bank robber staels madd loot, and then comes some other crook, and he sticks you up for the loot he just jacked... How do you think that story will end? We all know what kinda shit we are doing, and at times we see the opportunity to "hate" on someone for rocking a dope spot, now in these cases, we can either understand that he that covers someone elses shit, is good enough to battle the person he just went over, or he knows the kat is cool like dat, its all good, but if that person that covers shit thinks he can just get up where ever he pleases just cuz he had the nerve to do so, then he should at least know the possiblity of what he may encounter, the one thing i do hate, is when it turns into the gang lifestyle, now we as a GraffCore, should all know how to handle beef, we either set up a battle, or if needed, we can keep it personal box when the wall thing just aint enough. But if you on some gangsta shit, will why dont you stay on the gangsta side and only fuck with true gangstas and quit fuckin with the garff scene! But then again, thats just how i feel.:D

Its pretty simple really.

If you go over something good with something crap (illegal or legal) then you are gonna get slapped or crossed out.

Don't go over people (throwups/tags/insults) you don't have "real" beef with.When I say real I mean real world beef not just some shit from 12oz.

If you are going to go over something DO SOMETHING BETTER!.

Its not like all writers are rich kids in some huge fuckin house trying to be bad.Be careful or you wil get your teeth knocked out.

vynls one rom

dissin freights

i had the same shit happen, but then i thought about it, and was like "fuck it", they know i'll see their shit, too. i'll take the paint more approach. i dont care for fighting, but it is hella fun. i love my graff and do take it personally when cats diss it, even if its with words, but thats why theres thousands of freights to be painted. there are ways to keep your stuff safe, dont talk shit, paint big, paint with real style. if you think you need to sock someone to solve a problem, cool, just be prepared to have your shit shreaded. it sucks but it happens. just keep rockin!

Originally posted by GLASS*ETCH

where i live if clever name went over someone and tried to explain that since graff. is all about disrespecting other peoples property you shouldnt mind if someone goes over you, chances are A: he would get smacked, B: he would get smacked and kicked C:he would get maced smacked kicked and robbed

Yeah yeah yeah. I've bombed in some pretty fucked up ghettos and had guns pulled on me and all that, not over graf beef but whatever. The point isn't the "way things are" -- of course you're gonna get fucked up if you start going over people. And I'm not gonna spit any logic like what's being discussed in this thread to someone dumb enough to get in my face and want to fight over graf, I'm just gonna defend myself. But I don't even go over people in the first place so I don't foresee that situation on the horizon.

All I'm doing here is taking a step back and looking at how fucking stupid most of the beef bullshit is --it's seriously an embarassing downside to graffiti, but like I said, whatever, I'm just offering an opinion.

Originally posted by vynlone

Its pretty simple really.

If you go over something good with something crap (illegal or legal) then you are gonna get slapped or crossed out.

Don't go over people (throwups/tags/insults) you don't have "real" beef with.When I say real I mean real world beef not just some shit from 12oz.

If you are going to go over something DO SOMETHING BETTER!.

Its not like all writers are rich kids in some huge fuckin house trying to be bad.Be careful or you wil get your teeth knocked out.

vynls one rom

Again, this thread wasn't intended to be about the do's and dont's of going over people. Pretty much anybody who's been in the graf life for a minute knows these rules.

Guest me IS cool

I think personally I would get heated not because he capped my shit or whatever, but it's the shit talking that the capper is doing. It happens to me constantly and when people go over me and don't say I word I'm cool with it. I just hate when someone gover over me and starts talking shit, saying he's the best and what not...

Guest --zeSto--

this is exactly the same as a point made by CLOWN in an issue of phantom.

honestly...

unless you live in LA or NY... there's tons of space.

I'm more impressed by someone who paint in new places than just redoing the same 'claimed spot'.

THROW UPS OVER TAGS.

PIECES OVER THROW UPS

AND GO OVER ANOTHER PIECE, ONLY IF YOU CAN BURN IT..

If not, prepare for the hellfire..

these rules are general..and there will always be drama...prepare for it..fuck the nice guy shit...competition keeps you on your toes..

And I take my spots back whenever needed..

Guest --zeSto--

^^ very textbook ^^

let me add this...

If the thing you may go over is older than 5 years... leave it!

But if it's crumbling off the wall, it's your call.

NEVER go over an RIP

Dont leave anything of the old piece.

Using their background is not cool. Prime every inch.

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by --zeSto--

Dont leave anything of the old piece.

Prime every inch.

It's weird cuz I freind of mine did exactly that cover every corner and leave nothing showing and it turns out the guy my friend capped walked up to him and asked him why he went over everything? He was like what the fuck!?!?! Geez is it me or are the toys getting stupider every generation? :P

these rules are general..and there will always be drama...prepare for it..fuck the nice guy shit...competition keeps you on your toes..

And I take my spots back whenever needed..

Going over each other isn't the pathetically ignorant thing, it even makes for some interesting activity (battles and what not) and seperates graf from other types of art, but actually getting physical and trying to fuck someone up over this is further down the human intelligence ladder than a fucking primate. I wonder if cavemen tried to beat each other up over rock scribbles? Probably...

Now that I think of it, I might not even fight back if some dipshit were to pick a fight with me over graf, I'd rather just laugh at the dumb fuck while he pounded my bloody face in like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

Well, maybe not.

i just got gone over a few days ago. someone went over a piece i did with the beggining of a outline, then just stoped on the 1st letter. then they went over to another part of the tunnel and went over another persons piece with the same thing cept he did the whole piece over it instead of just an outline like over mine. Since I read this thread, I didn't get all pissed off but damn... thats pretty wack. My shit wasn't even up for 3 weeks before I got shit written over it. I feel like goin and trying to touch it back up where the foo went over my shit. Pisses me off anyways, but I didn't do anything back to the guys shit. I feel like doing a little ouline over his shit now, then stopping all together. Hey... he did it first. bah..... :confused:

wow. everyone who's posted on this thread has a totally different understanding about going over ppls that everyone else - but I don't think that was the question... Clever, I think that getting mad about someone going over you is the same as getting pissed off about the original graff as the owner of the property...um not quite, because usually, if the property is public, or it belongs to the government, then it does not carry any personal value with it to the owner (being that there is no one specific owner). When it comes down to it, if someone takes a minute to put an ugly throw up over a nice piece that took me hours to do, I'm going to take that as a personal affront, because the person who does this is disrespecting me. SO, to sum up - I don't agree with you Clever, even though I do think most graffiti beef is WACK and unnecessary.

Guest Can you sign my book???

If someone goes over me, and doesnt do it properly, I will immediately think they want to fight...This game is all about respect, and if you cant fight, you shouldnt write...I agree 100% that competition keeps you on your toes, and only the strong survive...You might not need to fight in Hunky Dory, Midwest America, but if you cant in LA or NYC, or any big city for that matter, your surroundings can eat you up...I know this from experience, and Ill admit I deserved it every time...In major cities where competition is fierce its impossible for everyone to get along, its unrealistic...

Archived