Few questions....

Overtime

I been wondering about a few things lately, and havent really thought as a single, they would make a thread, so i figure i will ask them all in the same.

1. Ipod nano

Has anybody gotten one? What do you think? I been thinking about getting one, but its the same size as the mini that i have, but its smaller and has a color screen, that I can hold pictures on, which is nice. The click wheel might be too small. thats the only down fall I see with it.

So, any feedback yet?

2. Gm employee pricing.

Where is the fucking catch, there has to be one! Supposedly, they sold more cars now than they have in the past 20 years or something in sales, or for this quarter or something. Is the financing making the car the exact same price basically? Do the employee's end up gettin even more of the price of a car?

3. The fairtax.

Is there a catch here too? If its such a fucking perfect idea, there has to be a reason it hasent been enacted. Where is the downfall?

4. the corpse bride?

is it worth it?

5. Shorties watchin shorties

This show is dope, when is it coming out on dvd?

and hey, people, you can use this to ask your stupid questions if it dont get closed....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. Never wanted an i pod ....... but now when i see the nano commericals i get a stiffy :love2:

3. It hasn't went up before congress yet, the bill( HR 25 ) is going to be on the floor soon though. The reason they waited so long to try to make it a law is to get the people behind it. So if the usual Beltway shit got it shut down, A LOT of people will be pissed. There is a fair tax thread in cross fire on it. Check it and the website out (fairtax.org)

4. The corpse bride makes my skin crawl, that happy creepy shit just annoys the hell out of me...... but my girlfriend wants to see it........

so, I will tell you what it is like.

1. as far as the ipod nano goes apparently they've had alot of complaints about the screens breaking really easily. so if you're prepared to handle the thing with extreme care, i wouldn't.

2. noticed the fuel prices lately? they'll try anything to sell cars in the current climate.

3. huh?

4. it's fucking burton, of course it is

5. huh?

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Sep 28 2005, 09:44 PM

1. as far as the ipod nano goes apparently they've had alot of complaints about the screens breaking really easily. so if you're prepared to handle the thing with extreme care, i wouldn't.

2. noticed the fuel prices lately? they'll try anything to sell cars in the current climate.

3. huh?

4. it's fucking burton, of course it is

5. huh?

really/ i mean, i plan on wearing it around my kneck and be careful or get a case, i dont know, but that makes sense

yeah, the fuel prices, but they still have to make a certain amount.

3, nevermind

4. i figured as much

5. its a show on comedy central, they animate stand up comedy in this crazy funny animation,,,,its so fuckin funny, ill buy it and send it to you mr. abicus, when it comes out that is....

I checked out the Nanos today at the apple store... pretty dope, and even smaller than I realized... like, [/i]ridiculously small. It's funny, I looked at the regular ipods after that, and they seemed bulky and unwieldy. Two years ago, I was like, "I can't believe how fucking small these are!" and now they seem like a boombox or something. Anyway, the wheel is still easy enough to use, but honestly, the screen seems too small to really see a picture on. I'd say it's smaller than the screen on your average digital camera. Also, they scratch much more easily than the previous ipods, and I heard the same thing ABC was saying about them breaking. I would give 'em a minute and see if they make something a little tougher.

Employee pricing isn't a scam, it's just that they are selling a bunch of cars at less of a profit as opposed to not selling any at a huge profit.

The reason they haven't passed a fair tax is that rich people control the country (yes, they do) and people don't get/stay rich by being fair. Right now, things are unfair in their favor, and they don't want that to change.

I can't really speak on the corpse bride, but Tim Burton rarely disappoints... with the exception of Planet of the Apes, that is.

I haven't seen that other show.

GM employee pricing. here is how the whole deal works.

They give you a lower sticker price. Awesome.

The banks will only let you go up to 20% of your monthly income for a car payment. If you have good credit the banks dont check how much money you make and the dealer will lie on the aplication to boost up the payment they make you.

The bank will generally only loan up to 125% of what the vehichle is worth.

This is important. Say you are buying a car that is 10,000. That means the bank will lend 12,500 as a max. Say you want to put down 2000 as a down payment. Great. You think this will lower your payment. Wrong. The bank can still loan out 12500 on the vehicle even though you have put 2000 towards it.

The goal is they try to hit that max number every time. The sales man honestly doesnt know what he is talking about for the most part. Everything is bullshit and lines that his boss is feeding him from the managers office.

The real magic happens when you go into the finance office. They get you an APR from what the bank is willing to offer. Then from there they can add points to it how ever high they think they can go on you. This way they make extra money in interest to cover the lower price they give you on the sticker. You leave thinkin you got a good deal and they go home with all your money regaurdless.

When i got my truck my payment went from 377 a month for 7 years to 277 a month for 4 years. They will try to retire on you every time.

hey man, just cause my name is wetpussy, it doesnt give you any right to call me out on it, ok, mistakes happen, i was thinking of wetpussy when i signed up, is it my fault i have a penis? is it? can i get a witness? can i get an amen?

i should probably list those questions:

5) can i get a witness?

81)can i get an amen?

2-31.1)are my stupiderness funnerer?

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Sep 28 2005, 10:09 PM

I checked out the Nanos today at the apple store... pretty dope, and even smaller than I realized... like, [/i]ridiculously small. It's funny, I looked at the regular ipods after that, and they seemed bulky and unwieldy. Two years ago, I was like, "I can't believe how fucking small these are!" and now they seem like a boombox or something. Anyway, the wheel is still easy enough to use, but honestly, the screen seems too small to really see a picture on. I'd say it's smaller than the screen on your average digital camera. Also, they scratch much more easily than the previous ipods, and I heard the same thing ABC was saying about them breaking. I would give 'em a minute and see if they make something a little tougher.

Employee pricing isn't a scam, it's just that they are selling a bunch of cars at less of a profit as opposed to not selling any at a huge profit.

The reason they haven't passed a fair tax is that rich people control the country (yes, they do) and people don't get/stay rich by being fair. Right now, things are unfair in their favor, and they don't want that to change.

I can't really speak on the corpse bride, but Tim Burton rarely disappoints... with the exception of Planet of the Apes, that is.

I haven't seen that other show.

i feel ya, the other ipods seemed like monsters compared, but i dont got 500 bucks to get a photo. so i dont know

thanks for all the feedbacks guys....

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 28 2005, 08:33 PM

2. Gm employee pricing.

Do the employee's end up gettin even more off the price of a car?

yes. employees are able to combine the employee deal with low finance rates or rebates...usually not both. My dad worked for an auto manufacturer and I ended up getting $7000 off the sticker price due to EP price and rebates.

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@Sep 28 2005, 08:33 PM

2. Gm employee pricing.

yes. employees are able to combine the employee deal with low finance rates or rebates...usually not both. My dad worked for an auto manufacturer and I ended up getting $7000 off the sticker price due to EP price and rebates.

[/b]

on that sweet new acura?

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Sep 29 2005, 02:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Sep 29 2005, 02:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@Sep 28 2005, 08:33 PM

2. Gm employee pricing.

[/b]

I suppose it depends on which company you go with. All I know is I have been involved in a bunch of trife shit with GM while i was employeed. I have come across this same plan of dickin people over at every GM dealership i have ever gone to.

true...my experience was not with a GM company, but...yeah...certain dealerships can be pricks about it as well. I don't know what the deal with that is. I had one tell me the options I wanted weren't available...when they were and they also quoted me some rediculous price. the price was sooooo off, I even rementioned that I got EP. They of course said...yeah...thats EP. C'mon...I might be an art kid...but I can at least do enough basic math to figure out you jackasses are trying to fuck me over.

onesecond...the Acura came after that one...I got rather bored of it quickly. Still loving the Acura though.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Sep 29 2005, 05:07 PM

what is the sharp pain i feel up in my asshole from time to time? it really sucks. i can be shopping for videos and BAM, ass pain. ive looked online and find nothing that explains it since im not diseased or engage in rough anal play. im sure others experience this mystery, what gives?

You might have actually bought a car from the dealership I used to work for. Other than that, thats strange.

Originally posted by mr.yuck@Sep 28 2005, 11:14 PM

GM employee pricing. here is how the whole deal works.

They give you a lower sticker price. Awesome.

The banks will only let you go up to 20% of your monthly income for a car payment. If you have good credit the banks dont check how much money you make and the dealer will lie on the aplication to boost up the payment they make you.

The bank will generally only loan up to 125% of what the vehichle is worth.

This is important. Say you are buying a car that is 10,000. That means the bank will lend 12,500 as a max. Say you want to put down 2000 as a down payment. Great. You think this will lower your payment. Wrong. The bank can still loan out 12500 on the vehicle even though you have put 2000 towards it.

The goal is they try to hit that max number every time. The sales man honestly doesnt know what he is talking about for the most part. Everything is bullshit and lines that his boss is feeding him from the managers office.

The real magic happens when you go into the finance office. They get you an APR from what the bank is willing to offer. Then from there they can add points to it how ever high they think they can go on you. This way they make extra money in interest to cover the lower price they give you on the sticker. You leave thinkin you got a good deal and they go home with all your money regaurdless.

When i got my truck my payment went from 377 a month for 7 years to 277 a month for 4 years. They will try to retire on you every time.

you are correct to a point all this was an after thought .

the reason they discounted prices so much was the fact that no one was buying there 05 cars. In order for the dealerships to move the old cars out to make room for the 06 inventory ( witch uasuly arrives in bulk in sept.) they allowed the dealers to drop prices below invoice witch is not allowd in normal circumstances. all the financing stuff is done by scumbag F&I managers trying to make a quick buck on the backend

1. Ipod nano

Get a real Ipod, $50 more but 20x + the storage. Plus I think "nano" is the

sound a vagina makes when you extract sand that has been stuck in it.

2. Gm employee pricing.

I just hope employees get an addition price break or another bennifet in exchange.

3. The fairtax.

the rich pay more.

4. the corpse bride?

I heard it was straight

Never heard of it. I thought you were talking about babysetting.

MY QUESTION?

Anyone ever deal with HBV? If you don't know, you haven't.

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft@Sep 28 2005, 10:04 PM

is the ipod shuffle the only one that you can listen to songs randomly?

Nope. The shuffle is the only one where you can only listen to songs randomly - because it has no screen for you to use to navigate to particular songs. All the other iPods have a "shuffle" aka random function.

Originally posted by deterrent+Sep 29 2005, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deterrent - Sep 29 2005, 12:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>1. Ipod nano

Get a real Ipod, $50 more but 20x + the storage. Plus I think "nano" is the

sound a vagina makes when you extract sand that has been stuck in it.

2. Gm employee pricing.

I just hope employees get an addition price break or another bennifet in exchange.

3. The fairtax.

the rich pay more.

4. the corpse bride?

I heard it was straight

Never heard of it. I thought you were talking about babysetting.

MY QUESTION?

Anyone ever deal with HBV? If you don't know, you haven't.

[/b]

friends have

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Sep 29 2005, 12:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Pfffffffffft@Sep 28 2005, 10:04 PM

is the ipod shuffle the only one that you can listen to songs randomly?

Nope. The shuffle is the only one where you can only listen to songs randomly - because it has no screen for you to use to navigate to particular songs. All the other iPods have a "shuffle" aka random function.

nah, you can listen to the songs in order that you put them on there, or on shuffle.....