Female Members?!

misteraven

I'm amazed at how many girls there are on here. How many have we got now? I'm aware of Jades Blue, Secret, Are2, Mes3 (Even if she's m.i.a.), Siloette and maybe one or two more.

Not to kick off another dumb ass 'yo where the females at?' thread, but how many female members exactly are on here now? Seeing how this board's discussion is generally on the level of locker room bragging, I'm amazed how many girls choose to spend time on here. Dont get me wrong... I'm all for a diverse co-ed board, but what draws you here? Particularly with kids like Tease cyber thumping your leg and kids like Mero kicking off discussions about blowing wads in his girls grill, I'm curious what redeeming quality this discussion has for the fairer sex?

Not to blow the spots of the girls that prefer to stay low behind a screen name, but would a few of you step up and enlighten me? Maybe there's something I can do to better cater to some of what you'd like to see around here. At the very least it's a topic that I believe hasnt been discussed 400 times.

And whatever happened to that one chick that used to wag her ass in front of pictures of her walls? The one that claimed to have blown Cabin Fever at a wall? (Speaking of which, where'd he go?) Oh man we had fun with that chick at poor Joker's expense. Ha!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm..well..this site has in its ways opened up alot of communication..ways to trade..find people you know through friends...and even gallery shows..so at first when I first started coming here..it was to browse..see what people were up to..and occaisionally get some feedback.from a broader perspective....I try not to pay mind to yes the locker room bull..and in more than one way..it makes me happy to see the occaisional talent..I might have not known about..

what does aggrivate me is when people put boundaries on what people paint or how so and so should act because of it..and alot of times..its hard..because you might appreciate what someone is up to painting wise..they come on here and comment..and your like "damn...this guy is an asshole" or vice versa...

It all depends really raven..I mean..as far as the female aspect..I met jades through a mutual friend through work..through whatever..and she happends to come here as well..there are so many close connections you know..I mean..its all like 2 degree seperation at times..so its nice being able to meet people..that you might have not ordinarilly have just run into . ..but you know the same people...It helps when your travelling..and you want to get to know the city your staying in..with out just your input..

When I first started painting... the female issue was a big deal..and to some it still is..But its not to me..and guys feel they can openly for some reason bring it up when Im around..which female writer is hot and what not..but rarely is their work seriously considered.or asked opinion wise...asking me..who is single..how they can get ahold of them..i dont pay much attention to it..but it does get under my skin.....I mean..Is my work respected or downplayed because I am a female? and happen to be better than average? Or am I better than average..who is a girl..so that pushes the envelope..? I dont think ill ever really know..but half of the time..im either frowned apon..or guys think they need to push me harder for some reason..or its a competition thing..who knows..half of the people I know..think they need to bully me..get on my ass about being out there more...and dont look at my work..and the other half..really study and apprecitate what I bring to the table..love my work..and relise i stand on my own..with out..the gender effecting it..my work is rarely ever "girly"..so this bored is good..if people dont know im a female..to get another outlook..on my style...

as far as you accomidating to us and what not..i think its fine..i mean no one has control besides moderation on who decides to cross the line of being a prick or cool..thats that persons choice..they are the ones making fools of themselves..

I personally would like to see more work by the females on the board..i dont know why there isnt much..Its probably lack of scanner and whatnot..but I do think its great..how 70 percent of the chicks on this board know whats going on..not to disclude anyone if I am..but you know..you see..foxy fantastic..she is putting in work for sure..im glad Ive been able to meet her...and seeing her stuff...makes me smile..shes in it for the long haul has been..and I can relate to her alot...when it comes down to how things make us feel..or knowledge in certain areas..and you know secret and devilush will always say whats on their minds..thats dope..and its good to have them around..makes me smile..and jades..is dope..because she is just a lover of the game..and gets hyped off projects..and Are 2 and mes3..come in..and might say some shit..when you dont expect it.they are more blunt...and half the time..their one liners like "gay" make me laugh out loud....mes..has been painting alot more im sure..than posting..the last stuff i saw her post..was great...and yadda yadda..so on and so on..you can pretty much tell who knows whats going on.male or female.....by their comments alone..its when the dramatics come in..that you have to just hope..that if you met them..they arent as insane as they come off..

I dont agree..with the females that come on here..shouting their sexuality.Id rather see their work..first...I dont see the point..but! I do see the reason to get to know other females who write..I mean..if it really is so competitive..its good to know..if maybe you arent the only one..being..either put on a pedestal or undermined..so in that way ..its awesome..to share situations..and possibally bond? ..I dont know..

What i do know..is that..when i started writing..i lost alot of my female friends..Not only was I just an artist..but now..i liked to walk around at night as well..and now I like to play in train yards..I mean..my old female friends..dont see the point in this..they apprecitate it sure..but three days ago..friends of mine..who recently moved to new york..asked me what I wrote again..they couldnt remember...yet these people have been friends of mine for about 7 years...thats how disconnected they are..i mean they live in new york..i dare ask them to take flicks for me? they will not consider it..you know..so I mean when it comes to graff..most of the people I relate to are the people in it..themselves..so for that reason..I have become a major loner..In the last few years..ive really just stuck to the people I know..will back me..and have similiar goals..future wise..and what not...and not all of them can live in the same city as you..so its good to branch out..even possibally through a webpage..

did I cover everything? haha..I work graveyard as well..so i have time for this..let me know if i didnt get to anything you were wondering about..

i think siloette said it all, and said it well.

really, where else is a female writer supposed to go? to a female-writer's board? (even though i doubt that exsists, but i wouldn't be surprised if it did). fuck that. i don't want to be segregated. and why should a female writer be segeregated? jeezus i don't want to get into that now.

i keep coming back for more because i love the general humor on this board, and the whole family-affair feeling that 12oz has.

if its suggestions that you're looking for raven, suggestions that'll make this board more beneficial to the females, i's got none. really, what can you suggest? its up to the females on 12oz to make it less male dominated with what they post. not the moderator... unless you were looking for suggestions as "add some pink or purple tint to the colour scheme" or something of that context. .. uhhhhh

thingsisalrightwithme.

i'm not female, but i've known many girls that like to observe male behavior. they like to read maxim magazine. it just amuses them. on the other hand, at my work, they leave out lots of womens magazines around and all the men come in at the lunch table, and the first thing they pick up is the womens magazines. guys aren't looking for makeup advice, just looking into the female mind. (not saying that these magazines represent all females--don't start an argument).

anyway, i could be wrong, but most females that paint graff have slightly tomboy tendencies, and so hanging out with guys a lot, they're used to hearing this kinda stuff.

girls, girls, girls

there are so many girls on here that keep it anonymous! for one, my homegirl post. she doesnt post in channel zero but she will post on third rail. as well as i love roo. that girl is mad talented. ink lunatic is one of the best graf artists that i know, and so very young. and of course there are the girls that are here all the time...secret, bobito (sorry if i spelled your name wrong), silo, jades blue, mes3, foxy fantastic, acetpfe (although we have opposing views)....and many more. but as far as what keeps me on here....well i like graf. plain and simple. and i think its great to meet new people and talk to new people that have the same interest as i do. and hopefully have people stay at my place (ahem stonecutters) or we stay at their place and see their city. i think its great to have a little community like this. although i dont talk much about graf in general in a message board, i like to think that i have much more to life than graf. which there is. but channel zero is the best, people speak their mind, people shit talk, people flirt, people talk about things other than graf. i love it. plus, i have been around boys all my life, i am used to the fact that they wanna talk about some cooch that they had in their mouth the night before. its all good to me. i dont think that you should change anything to accomodate us "women" on this website. to me, all is good. and its all in good innocent fun. personally, i dont mind all the pervertedness that goes around here. its so much fun to read things that people intend other people to see. hmmmm maybe you should make the background color into a blush pink instead of a grey (insert sarcasm here) ;)

I'm glad you enjoy it. Seems like the stuff that draws you to Channel Zero keeps the other girls away. Anyhow, I was just wondering with as many girls there are on here nowadays, why there arent pockets of femininity developing in some of the forums. I have yet to see a female specific topic or discussion sprout out in Channel Zero yet. Seems like there's enough of you girls to start ganging up and doing stuff like that.

I'm always interested in opposing views and differing perspectives. It's also a nice break from the usual, hearing a females opinion on stuff that's totally unbiased.

Hopefully, more of the girls will harp in on some of the discussions. I thought this one would be a good start, but not too girls jumped in.

Raven it appears that the girls have all posted very good reasons for being here. As for myself, I find the culture fascinating and not just the art or the rebellion, but the people behind it. So while it is nice to read through the other boards (and I have been known to post there as well) I love the humor, friendship, and just compassion you see on channel zero. Yes, I said compassion. For every jerk there are three or four others who really try to help on the more serious issues. This is needed. I like to be able to offer advice on different subjects, because usually I have been there. Hell, I might still be there.

Anyhow, it's a good board. We don't post feminine issues very often for a couple of reasons. We don't really want you to know somethings, and those are probably things you would rather be oblivious about anyway. I think many of us have been very forthcoming in our opinions though.

Hey, I think I read in another post that your married.

I found that pretty interesting as well. Not to get too personal, but do you have any kids? I know a few writers with kids that paint, but their all guys. Even that gets kinda weird when the kids are old enough to realize what their dads are doing and imitate them. Does your husband write? If so does he post here as well? I dont know why that trips me out but it does.

Just curious. No need to answer if it makes you uncomfortable.

Not a problem. But first off, I need to remind you that I don't paint, never have. The closest I have come to participating is sketching and benching. I was a wild child when I was younger though and still have some "alternative" aspects to my life, so I have a pretty open mind and find that graffiti is interesting. I enjoy many different aspects as stated above.

So to answer your question I am married, no he never wrote. I have two boys almost 7 & 10. So since I don't write the question of keeping it from the kids is moot. Good question though, I know other heads on here have kids, and wonder if they would ever even want to introduce their kids to graffiti considering the risks and sacrifices involved.

i love 12oz the magazine..i have since maybe issue 2 or 3..

i came on the site at first because i was pretty much on my own in my city..no crew, and mad beef

this has been an incredible way for me to network..i met main 2 and sonik, to name a couple of cool ass mofos

and, i got to hear about cool shit goin on..applied science for example..which i ended up painting at (!!!) and paint louis 2000 as well..and now that book project..

plus, its a nice sounding board..i haven't always gotten the best feedback, but i definitely get a response..

i have heard my share of bullshit on this site, about myself and my ficticious reputation, and plenty of bs that has nothing to do with me..

but, i also get the rip threads, for example, and sometimes hilarious channel zero conversations..

like most things in life, this board has its ups and downs..but the fun parts outweight the rest of it...

i fucking LOVE graf..i'll never stop..so, i can't really resist this board..i don't have a computer at home, but i always come back to check out whats goin on..

plus, i'll admit it..i have no friends..

i am a total loner..i live with my boyfriend, and i love my parents, but i have very little social contacts other than that..so i guess i can shoot my mouth off on here too...ha!!

and of course, i'm gettin old..i'm mature enough to get past all the frivolity of the high schoolers, and maybe offer them some helpful advice sometimes..

as far as graf goes,and this board, i'm glad it's male dominated..i don't get along with women too well(most of the time)...

not enough women have the heart to last in "the game," and the men keep you on your toes if you expect to get respect for something beyond looks...(even though i took flicks today with my shirt over my head..ha!!)

thanks for a good time, mr.raven

Bobobi11, that trips me out even more seeing that you dont write and still choose to hang out here. How'd you stumble accross the site? Do you ever sit around and read the funnier posts out to the family? I used to laugh to myself when I'd go to peoples houses I didnt know and would see a 12oz poster on the wall. It trips me out to see people get into something I created like that. Now to find out that there's moms out there that dont write and still get into blows me away. Anyhow, glad you respect what we do, let alone enjoy it.

Hey Are2, you know I was at that Applied Science show myself. I spent most of the night drinking with Joker and Giant off to the side. I kept seeing you around and was tempted to say something, but felt kinda dumb walking up all like, "hey this is Raven from the board". Also girls with long legs and tight dresses throw me off when I'm not expecting it. Anyhow, maybe I'll catch you at another show sometime and we can crack a beer and go catch a few tags.

Hi.. i'm Dee, and i'm a female 12oz member.

I first found 12oz earlier this year, or was it last year?? But I found the bench first, then did some exploring and was really really really amused at the subjects being discussed here at Channel Zero. Yeah, I mean it's male dominated I guess, but it's cool, since I have more guy friends than anything.. and the daily conversations about Shakiras ass, Hot chicks?? Busting a nut in your girls grill?? started to feel like home.

I think the girls who hang out here are more open to things then the average girl, somehow. It's hard to explain.. but the girls here trip me out at how they get into some of the conversations, and admit that they'd like to bang Selma Hyek, or they like alcahol till they fall.. and it kicks alot of ass. Your girls remind me of myself, lets start a sorority?? (just kidding.)

To me, 12oz is so much more than what we all love (graff)... it's like a social gathering with real life conversations with everyones problems, ideas, questions, answers, and a whole lot of funny shit.. sorta like a weird duplicate of friends, hanging out at a coffee shop..... but not really?

And one thing that intrigued me too... was Marko. The pictures he posts, out of the cut shit... it just makes me bust bladders. Thank you Marko for lighting up my life. xoxo.

you know, raven, if you want to get more of a feel of how many girls are on here, at least who read this thread or on channel zero, try polling it. maybe that will help with the girls that would like to remain anonymous or for ones who dont want to post

gosh that really trips me out bobobi11. i love the fact that you come on here with no kind of connection to graf. connection meaning as in you participating in it. but i love that about you. you have an open mind to even look into this website. and i do agree with dee. being in a male dominated sub-culture, we deal with these kinda guys that are on this. so we aren't the average girl nor a girly girl. we are used to it, and as sick as this might sound, we like hearing all the things that guys say on this board. well i do like it. and i also like to admit to things as well. i am an outspoken person in real life, but here i can speak whatever i want to speak. i think thats why we dont start some kinda feminism thread. because there really is no use. what is the point of starting a feminism thread when everyone here practically respects the little population of girls?

are2, wea re in the same boat. i dont really keep a whole big circle of friends, but i have a tight little tiny click. i live with my fiance who paints as well. but i dont paint as much as he does. i just do the graf zine and once in a blue moon, i'll go back out there and paint. i try to keep a low profile, but it seems that people are so into the graf scene, they practically know much about me ya know? and i also dont get along with women most of the time. maybe its because most women can't understand that i like to get dirty in the tunnels to hit a great spot, or to even jump a high fence, or to climb between freight cars. but i like it. i like the fact that i dont talk to much women. its much more safer that way, to put it in a good term. but here, i actually have something in common with all the girls here. we fucking love graf. and that is it.

Guest got tha feva

I'm a girl. I come here for the diversity. Music tastes, politics, art prefrences, etc. It's funny, I get a kick out of every single one of you and your opinionated posts.. and occasionally it even makes me think, or turns me on to something new. I'm not a writer. I do characters, murals, and legal walls. I'm more into canvases, pastels, charcoal, etc. That's just what I enjoy, and have the heart for. But even though I'm not part of the graff game, I'm appreciative of the art and the different fundimentals it brings which other art forms don't.

Prude

oh and p.s. This IS tow up from tha flow up !

Archived