1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Female Members?!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Dec 29, 2001.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Female Members?!

Discussion started by misteraven - Dec 29, 2001

I'm amazed at how many girls there are on here. How many have we got now? I'm aware of Jades Blue, Secret, Are2, Mes3 (Even if she's m.i.a.), Siloette and maybe one or two more.

Not to kick off another dumb ass 'yo where the females at?' thread, but how many female members exactly are on here now? Seeing how this board's discussion is generally on the level of locker room bragging, I'm amazed how many girls choose to spend time on here. Dont get me wrong... I'm all for a diverse co-ed board, but what draws you here? Particularly with kids like Tease cyber thumping your leg and kids like Mero kicking off discussions about blowing wads in his girls grill, I'm curious what redeeming quality this discussion has for the fairer sex?

Not to blow the spots of the girls that prefer to stay low behind a screen name, but would a few of you step up and enlighten me? Maybe there's something I can do to better cater to some of what you'd like to see around here. At the very least it's a topic that I believe hasnt been discussed 400 times.

And whatever happened to that one chick that used to wag her ass in front of pictures of her walls? The one that claimed to have blown Cabin Fever at a wall? (Speaking of which, where'd he go?) Oh man we had fun with that chick at poor Joker's expense. Ha!

misteraven - Rank: Administrator - Messages:
  2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Dec 29, 2001

dude, you werent supposed to admit to that... haha...

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Dec 29, 2001

So what happened to those two? Homegirl went through some much trouble to get accepted and once she got achknowledged, she decided to quit writing?

What about Cab?

I sure wish a few of the girls would respond cause I'm real curious here.

4. drain bamage

drain bamage 12oz Senior Member

drain bamage - Replied Dec 29, 2001

okay....what do you mean what drives us here???? the same thing that drives you here.......of course since this is a male dominated forum there are some topics that don't purk my interest but they just remind me how glad i am to not be a dumb boy! :mexican: j/k

drain bamage - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Dec 29, 2001

even if its male dominated it doesent mean all the topics intrest me. i think half of whats on here is garbage, but somehow i read it anyways. and raven. please keep posting on here, your topics are always worth reading.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard 12oz Elite Member

Boring Bastard - Replied Dec 29, 2001

Raven does have good topics.............

Boring Bastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Dec 29, 2001

thanks, but I wish more girls would speak up.

8. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder 12oz Elite Member

kaesthebluntedwonder - Replied Dec 29, 2001

take your time ladies

kaesthebluntedwonder - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

MR BOJANGLES - Replied Dec 29, 2001

im wearing womens underwear, does that count?

10. Iris

Iris Banned

Iris - Replied Dec 30, 2001

i am a girl

i am going to make you wear my panties bojangles.....

Iris - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  11. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Dec 30, 2001

i have a pang pang...

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Dec 30, 2001

some things are better left un-said. :dazed:

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  13. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

MR BOJANGLES - Replied Dec 30, 2001

what can i say? my girls got spunk.

14. siloette

siloette 12oz Member

siloette - Replied Dec 30, 2001

hmm..well..this site has in its ways opened up alot of communication..ways to trade..find people you know through friends...and even gallery shows..so at first when I first started coming here..it was to browse..see what people were up to..and occaisionally get some feedback.from a broader perspective....I try not to pay mind to yes the locker room bull..and in more than one way..it makes me happy to see the occaisional talent..I might have not known about..
    what does aggrivate me is when people put boundaries on what people paint or how so and so should act because of it..and alot of times..its hard..because you might appreciate what someone is up to painting wise..they come on here and comment..and your like "damn...this guy is an asshole" or vice versa...

It all depends really raven..I mean..as far as the female aspect..I met jades through a mutual friend through work..through whatever..and she happends to come here as well..there are so many close connections you know..I mean..its all like 2 degree seperation at times..so its nice being able to meet people..that you might have not ordinarilly have just run into . ..but you know the same people...It helps when your travelling..and you want to get to know the city your staying in..with out just your input..

When I first started painting... the female issue was a big deal..and to some it still is..But its not to me..and guys feel they can openly for some reason bring it up when Im around..which female writer is hot and what not..but rarely is their work seriously considered.or asked opinion wise...asking me..who is single..how they can get ahold of them..i dont pay much attention to it..but it does get under my skin.....I mean..Is my work respected or downplayed because I am a female? and happen to be better than average? Or am I better than average..who is a girl..so that pushes the envelope..? I dont think ill ever really know..but half of the time..im either frowned apon..or guys think they need to push me harder for some reason..or its a competition thing..who knows..half of the people I know..think they need to bully me..get on my ass about being out there more...and dont look at my work..and the other half..really study and apprecitate what I bring to the table..love my work..and relise i stand on my own..with out..the gender effecting it..my work is rarely ever "girly"..so this bored is good..if people dont know im a female..to get another outlook..on my style...

as far as you accomidating to us and what not..i think its fine..i mean no one has control besides moderation on who decides to cross the line of being a prick or cool..thats that persons choice..they are the ones making fools of themselves..
    I personally would like to see more work by the females on the board..i dont know why there isnt much..Its probably lack of scanner and whatnot..but I do think its great..how 70 percent of the chicks on this board know whats going on..not to disclude anyone if I am..but you know..you see..foxy fantastic..she is putting in work for sure..im glad Ive been able to meet her...and seeing her stuff...makes me smile..shes in it for the long haul has been..and I can relate to her alot...when it comes down to how things make us feel..or knowledge in certain areas..and you know secret and devilush will always say whats on their minds..thats dope..and its good to have them around..makes me smile..and jades..is dope..because she is just a lover of the game..and gets hyped off projects..and Are 2 and mes3..come in..and might say some shit..when you dont expect it.they are more blunt...and half the time..their one liners like "gay" make me laugh out loud....mes..has been painting alot more im sure..than posting..the last stuff i saw her post..was great...and yadda yadda..so on and so on..you can pretty much tell who knows whats going on.male or female.....by their comments alone..its when the dramatics come in..that you have to just hope..that if you met them..they arent as insane as they come off..

I dont agree..with the females that come on here..shouting their sexuality.Id rather see their work..first...I dont see the point..but! I do see the reason to get to know other females who write..I mean..if it really is so competitive..its good to know..if maybe you arent the only one..being..either put on a pedestal or undermined..so in that way ..its awesome..to share situations..and possibally bond? ..I dont know..

What i do know..is that..when i started writing..i lost alot of my female friends..Not only was I just an artist..but now..i liked to walk around at night as well..and now I like to play in train yards..I mean..my old female friends..dont see the point in this..they apprecitate it sure..but three days ago..friends of mine..who recently moved to new york..asked me what I wrote again..they couldnt remember...yet these people have been friends of mine for about 7 years...thats how disconnected they are..i mean they live in new york..i dare ask them to take flicks for me? they will not consider it..you know..so I mean when it comes to graff..most of the people I relate to are the people in it..themselves..so for that reason..I have become a major loner..In the last few years..ive really just stuck to the people I know..will back me..and have similiar goals..future wise..and what not...and not all of them can live in the same city as you..so its good to branch out..even possibally through a webpage..

did I cover everything? haha..I work graveyard as well..so i have time for this..let me know if i didnt get to anything you were wondering about..

siloette - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. chizm

chizm 12oz Senior Member

chizm - Replied Dec 30, 2001

i think siloette said it all, and said it well.

really, where else is a female writer supposed to go? to a female-writer's board? (even though i doubt that exsists, but i wouldn't be surprised if it did). fuck that. i don't want to be segregated. and why should a female writer be segeregated? jeezus i don't want to get into that now.

i keep coming back for more because i love the general humor on this board, and the whole family-affair feeling that 12oz has.

if its suggestions that you're looking for raven, suggestions that'll make this board more beneficial to the females, i's got none. really, what can you suggest? its up to the females on 12oz to make it less male dominated with what they post. not the moderator... unless you were looking for suggestions as "add some pink or purple tint to the colour scheme" or something of that context. .. uhhhhh

thingsisalrightwithme.

chizm - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: