Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Federal ban on assault weapons ended yesterday.

Discussion in 'News' started by Poop Man Bob, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I'll bet good money KaBar has had pointy pants ever since. Gross, but probably true.

Article.
    http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040913/capt.nyet25109131410.assault_weapons_nyet251.jpg'>

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040913/i/r14723300.jpg'>

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040913/i/r2799876352.jpg'>

C'mon, KaBar. Tell us why it's a great thing that TEC-9s can now legally be purchased by Joe and Jane Schmo.

2. omar

omar Junior Member

hahah welcome to america

holy shit this news blew my fuckin mind, ak's only have one specific purpouse, and thats killing other human beings. jesus christ.

3. alure

alure Dirty Dozen Crew

4. KRONOLOGIK

KRONOLOGIK Member

I still have my M-16 :eek:

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

what you guys arent realizing, is that the 'ban' was bullshit, composed to appease the media and the masses. you could still legally purchase any of those weapons from any gun dealer. i bought an AK and 30 round clips in '97, well after the ban took place. when it says

"The measure, signed by President Clinton, had outlawed 19 types of military-style assault weapons, banned certain features on firearms such as bayonet mounts, and limited ammunition magazines to 10 rounds"

all it really means is that it outlawed the import of 19 types of military style weapons, so those made (or even assembled) in america were still perfectly legal. bayonet mounts, folding stocks and pistol grips on rifles were still legal as long as 10 pieces of a rifle were produced in the united states. which means if you had a bulgarian made ak, imported before the ban, all you had to do was replace 10 parts, and all the 'banned' stuff was now legal. replace the sight, the sling, the butt plate, the 4 hand grips, the trigger and a spring, and you could now legally put a bayonette on it. the weapons were never illegal to have. clips larger than 10 rounds were never illegal to have. last month, you could still buy them on the internet for about 8 dollars a piece.

basically, the ban never did anything, and lifting the ban does just as little. it was a media ploy to begin with, and it's a media ploy now.

6. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

i dont understand sometimes......

7. THEMISHE

THEMISHE New Jack

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!! The "ban" was bullshit!

If someone wants to harm or kill you, they are going to do it! It doesn't matter if they have a fucking AK or a glock! You thinkg Mr. Terrorist is going to cancel his shooting spree because he couldn't get that AK-47 he wanted so bad at WalMart? NO! He'll get the shit off the streets or overseas.

If you're shaking in your boots that assault rifles are legal now you should go jump off an overpass.

8. THEMISHE

THEMISHE New Jack

Glocks and Rugers are legal too? Is that blowing your mind? GUNS ARE GUNS. THE SHOOT BULLETS. BULLETS KILL. And it really doesn't matter wheter the bullet came from a "banned: AK 47 or the 44 from the Sports Authority.

9. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Welcome to crazyworld

10. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

YES DAD, I WANT A TEC9 FOR CHRISTMAS!!!..

http://www.project-x.org.uk/images/picgltec91.jpg'>

I KNEW THIS THREAD WOULD COME...
    talking about homeland security???

now its easier for your local 15 yr. old thug to get one of these in their hands..

what a shame

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

let 'em have tec 9's. those things suck ass. they're so notorious for jamming, that they're almost obsolete. they're total 'rap' guns.

i am kind of stoked about this though, now i can cut down my barrel and add a flash supressor. dope.

12. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

seeking youre funny as hell, im glad i could get a good laugh on these threads...makes up for that drab class i just got out of..

so i guess a country music gun would be a shotgun?:confused:

13. perhap

perhap Member

ill stick with my deer hunting guns.