Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Fear and Loathing

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Jackson, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fearnl1.jpg'>

[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fearnl2.jpg'>

[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0120669/fllv3.jpg'>

A 12oz Homage to one of the greatest movies.

Some quotes:

"A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."

"Narrator: We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:
    Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
    Narrator: Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:
    Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!
    Acosta: Did you say something?
    Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.
    Narrator: No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."
    (Duke [i]is[/i] the narrator...)

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

"Know your dope fiend! Your life may depend on it! You won't be able to see his eyes from tea shades, and his knuckles will be white from inner-tension, and, his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking-off when he can't find a rape victim."

"Ah, devil ether. It makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor function. Blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue. The mind recoils in horror, unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interesting because you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it."

" The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

2. •nakEd

•nakEd New Jack

haha nice, that movie was great... the one dude with the black looks like my uncle

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

there is already a thread for this

4. caL

caL Senior Member

never did see the end

5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

I thought the movie was kinda stupid. I mean, c'mon... who gives a fuck about how many drugs those guys had. Right now, I couldn't even tell you what the movie was about, or what the message was on a whole at the end. Because it was uninteresting from the beginning, I'm sure there are those of you who will disagree with my opinion, but you'd just be wrong if you did.

6. BigOatser

BigOatser Senior Member

7. awkward eye

awkward eye Veteran Member

read the book...i personally loved this movie..johhny depp is a great actor and plays his part perfect..

8. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

the book ROXORS!!

check out the rest of tomsons books, my fave is "curse of lono"

9. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

HST

If you love the gonzo books check out Bukowski.

I enjoyed reading the HA book by HST-made me laugh considering they put a hit on him after he published it.

GZ

10. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

" The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

a-fucking-men

one day i will get motivated and create my bumper sticker:

WWHD (what would hunter do)

a slap in the face of the neo-christians.....

11. PedroHammers

PedroHammers Dirty Dozen Crew

mental, just make sure i can buy them overseas.. aight.