Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FC IBM renegades of funk

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by niseNSF, Jul 29, 2002.

1. niseNSF

niseNSF Member

yo, first off, credit to Paint My Face..i never jack pictures from sites, but i just saw this and had to share, in case some of yall missed this. granted, im biases cause i think FC is the best crew on earth, but even if you dont share my respect for dero west and company, you gotta appreciate how fresh this is. the pieces are classic, crisp, and the letters exude style, while retaining real letterforms (unlike a lot of this new graff..). and as a fan of bombin, i usually cant stand "productions"...especially cluttered, gaudy ones....but the idea, layout and execution of this one is fucking amazing. simple stars, clean lettering, and nice use of three icons with comparable contributions to society, portrayed well. seriously, it doesnt get much better than this in my mind.

http://www.at149st.com/images/fc4.jpg'>

edited for brokenlink

2. evilistic

evilistic Elite Member

clean as hell and dope as fuck.
    the pieces are top notch and the portraits are killer
    good work cheerleader

3. sarifs&clips

sarifs&clips Member

Nice.

First Class...Kids should take notes when it comes to shit like this..

4. sixteenvandals

sixteenvandals Senior Member

i like the wall too...i dont like realistic characters and i dont see how tupac can be int he same esteem as che, but whatever, the font, the stars, and the pieces are dope.

5. HomerJayII

HomerJayII Member

SOME GUY ACTUALLY POSTED THESE PICTURES EARLIER IN THE YEAR OFF HIS SITE. FC HAS DEFINITELY BEEN ROCKING IT FOR A LONG TIME. AS YOU SAID, DERO, WEST, KAWS, AND EVEN OTHERS LIKE BRUE, TOTEM.

6. sixteenvandals

sixteenvandals Senior Member

i think KAWS and TOTEM are aftermarket FC.

7. niseNSF

niseNSF Member

amen...theres some others too..but im not talking.

as for tupac...i dont think peter tosh fits in the same category as che, or with tupac...theyre all kind of in their own class..if anything, che doesnt belong...but in another way, theyre all sort of focus points for certain scenes...and i think, in that way, it works. in general, i cant stan photo-realsim in graff...but here, im not mad at it. i think without the 3, it wouldnt be as fresh as it is....but who knows. its reminds me of when ces did that FX hendrix thing back in the mid-90s...its not that i even love jimi myself, but it was nice to not see another rapper dedication....i guess here its the addition of tosh that really makes me dig it. id really like to see something like biafra or HR or like lee iacocca or some shit. that would be hot. like the CEOs of corporate america....kinda next level.

8. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

thank GOD for the choice on PETER TOSH

9. HomerJayII

HomerJayII Member

TRUE, I RETRACT MY STATEMENT. TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER COMPLICATIONS I WASN'T REFERING TO TOTEM2.

10. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon of sudden appreciation or anything, but I saw this production once myself and thought it was some real high-quality shit.

If a couple of heads are going to take the time to sit and paint a legal wall for a few hours, or days, then they should consider all the elements that make a wall come off: dope pieces, a consistent color scheme that draws attention to the right areas, layout, placement, coordinating of styles, creativity, etc.
    These cats obviously got on some planning shit and made the effort worthwhile.

I've noticed some of those NY-stylish Euro writers doing some seriously on-point legals in recent years. Wish I had flicks.

11. mr snortalot

mr snortalot New Jack

THAT 2PAC FACE IS DOPE

12. dremster

dremster Senior Member

the prodo is dope. but i really hate tupac and anyone that wastes there time drawing his dead ass...he was a piece of shit...

13. o.g.sofa1

o.g.sofa1 Guest

BUMP!!!!!

NICE PIECES!:cool:

14. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

I agree, he doesnt belong..not even the least bit...thats what confuses me..

15. THEMOPFE

THEMOPFE Member

OK THE WALL IS NICE THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME INTELEGENT FEEDBACK ON THIS POST SO WHO TOOK IT?AND GIVE YOUR REASONS!
    HERES MY OPINION(not that it realy matters but...) i like the teal peice it has good movement in the E and A but the pump off the T that goes straight down and just disapears dont kick..i like what dubs did with the dark blue to show the overlaps although it s been done..view also has a pump that comes off the arrow and lands in the middle of the V pointlessly?theres another one coming off the W going straight down aimlessly? so overall i gotta say teal took this one...its just my opinion im in no way dissing any of them....give your feedback....