Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FBI issues railroad terrorism warning

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by fr8oholic, Oct 27, 2002.

1. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

The FBI warned state and local law enforcement agencies nationwide Thursday that Osama bin Laden's al Qaida terrorist network may be targeting U.S. railways.

Recently captured al Qaida photographs of U.S. railroad engines, cars, and crossings heighten the intelligence community's concern of this threat," the FBI said in a statement.

Agency officials said the warning was based on information gathered from al Qaida prisoners.

"Information from debriefings of al Qaida detainees as of mid-October indicates that the group has considered directly targeting U.S. passenger trains, possibly using operatives who have a Western appearance."

"Additional information suggests operatives may try a variety of other attack strategies, such as destroying key rail bridges and sections of track to cause derailments or targeting hazardous material containers," the statement added.

The FBI said Amtrak has tightened its security, and that the railway industry and other sectors have implemented immediate protective measures for such an attack, including "increased presence of law enforcement officers, increased surveillance of critical areas and improved physical protections."

The FBI warning coincided with a report by a task force that concluded the American transportation, water, food, power, communications and banking systems are unprepared for any terrorist strike.

"America remains dangerously unprepared to prevent and respond to a catastrophic terrorist attack on U.S. soil," said the task force, chaired by former Sens. Gary Hart, D-Colo., and Republican Warren Rudman of New Hampshire.

The report said few trucks, trains and ships that enter the United States are searched. It said state and local police are still denied access to terrorist watch lists, and that the National Guard is not trained well enough to counter a terrorist strike

"A year after 9/11, America remains dangerously unprepared to prevent and respond to a catastrophic terrorist attack on U.S. soil," the report said. "In all likelihood, the next attack will result in even greater casualties and widespread disruption to our lives and economy."

2. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

3. alabama

alabama Member

4. Cup 'O Soup

Cup 'O Soup Senior Member

sucks to that asmhar.

5. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

everyone needs to keep an eye out for these fucks.

6. mugshot

mugshot Guest

FUCKING TERRORIST PUSSIES !!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rusto-man

rusto-man Member

trains are too hot now...........

8. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

i'm going to be mad careful, like ghost quiet, maybe only do one every time i hit a yard, but i just can't stop. ninja time.

9. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

this pertains to both freight and passenger systems...

10. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

SHIT, WHERE DID I PUT MY TABI BOOTS, AND THROWING STARS?????

11. KAST79

KAST79 Guest

i already heard from some people that there are security vehicles at some yards in my city....:( shitty........................

12. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

i hope all those fuckers are eradicated from the face of the earth
    but christ
    thay have had such an impact on american lifestyles and culture that they are affecting graffiti

pretty fuckin crazy

13. binnki

binnki Guest

14. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

TRAINS Magazine

Recently had an article about getting a railfan, who also works for a police department, stopped and detained along with two or three other railfans, for photographing and recording (with a tape recorder) trains at Tower 55 in Fort Worth. The chances of a terrorist attacking a train in the yard or at a crew change is minimal. I think they are more likely to target a passenger train or a train carrying toxic materials (petrochemicals) through a city.

Honestly (and I can hear the hoots of derision from here) I think we should be looking for anybody who appears to be skulking around looking to damage a train or railroad property. I've heard from some tramp friends of mine who bemoan the increased security, but they are actively looking for terrorists around the rails. The cops can't be everywhere. We need to help keep watch.

But be careful, the "tresspassing" charge is no joke, they can fine you up to $1,000 and jail you for 90 days, in Texas.

15. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

^^yea but every time i go to a yard when ever they say they called the cops there jsut bluffing...i still leave though....you ever know when they arent fooling around....so i just go chill under the bridge and watch the trains come in;)