Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Favourite PC Games of Yesteryear

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I'm feeling nostalgic this morning.

Sierra Games were hype:
    Space Quest
    Hero's Quest
    Police Quest (until SWAT came out and ruined the series)
    Leisuresuit Larry

Civilization
    Pizza Tycoon
    X-Com
    Wolfenstein 3D

On the BBS, I liked Trade Wars

Oregon Trail
    Number Munchers
    Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego?

can anyone think of any others?

nsmbfan likes this.
  2. WrIot

WrIot Senior Member

where in the world is carmen sandiego

Doom I,II & III

that game where the worms would slowly creep horizontally down the screen and u had to shoot it with a space pod looking thing?

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

uh, Doom III just came out this year.

So, yeah, if anyone is going to post, try to make it a game from yesteryear. I feel old enough as it is, so don't go around mentioning Counterstrike or something.

*oh yeah - Dark Forces was ill.

DEATHTRACK!!!! THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GAMES EVER!

and one of the best hockey games ever made was Faceoff, from 1988. It had really good fighting in it, and every team had a farm team to send down and call up players from.

Mike Ditka's Football.

4. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Rise Of The Triad (oh yes. Ludicrious Gibbs!)
    Duke Nuke 'Em (8-Bit versions)
    Scorched Earth (the premise for Worms)
    Roger Wilco (was that Space Quest?)
    Gauntlet (forever classic)
    King's Quest (Hero's Quest?)
    Syndicate (if anyone can find this game for me I'll father your first born)
    Warcraft/Command & Conquer

Goddamn, anyone else remember those old shareware discs that were around back around '90-'93? They had like the original Duke Nuke 'Ems as well as random clipart..... that shit's oldschool.

Francis Dolarhyde 36 likes this.
  5. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

King's Quest and Police Quest were hot. I also enjoyed Family Feud. No, seriously. And Leisure Suit Larry at the friend's house when the parents weren't home.

Francis Dolarhyde 36 likes this.
  6. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

all the old Sierra games were dope. anyone ever play their game Freddy Pharkus: Frontier Pharmacist? that's the jawn right there.

monkey island
    dagger of amon ra
    duke nukem (the side-scrolling ones)
    indiana jones
    warcraft

i could go on for days

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

wow, you guys have mentioned most of the games i was going to mention...all those sierra games are fucking great...with the exception of swat...fuck that game. fuck darryl gates.

hero's quest was dope too...remember eating the mushrooms in the forest? haha.

leisure suit larry was another favorite of mine. 1-7 or 8. can't recall how many there were.

spacequest...fuck yeah. and yeah, roger wilco was one of 'em.

26 sided, i used ot have syndicate...there's this site...it's an abandon warez site full of old games... www.the-underdogs.org

also, check kazaa.

knights of xentar was another good game.

www.argosoft.com/games

www.freeoldies.com/

www.classicpcgames.com

wow, too many mudd games i can't recall the names of. telnet was the ill.

brings back memories.

8. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Shit! I totally forgot Monkey Island. My sister and I spent a good month one summer playing that game.

And Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego! Fuck yeah .. it came with an Almanac for you to look up all the clues/answers.

9. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

also, that racing game where you could build your own tracks with loops and spirals and whatnot. can't remember the name....

but on a side note... if anyone has the time and patience, you can make your own classic-sierra-style game using the AGS (Adventure Game Studio) found here
    ... if i had the graphics i needed i definitely would do it, but having to draw each scene and item/character would take way too long for me to want to do it.... check it out though

10. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

11. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

casek - once again thanks. I'm not going to be billed at the end of the year for all the help you've been doling out lately, am I?

Was that the one where you were a kid with a pet frog and you had to get out of school, play Super Pretendo, yadda yadda yadda?

12. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser Junior Member

Doom, Duke Nukem and Warcraft were all in the early rotation. Diablo came later and consumed pretty much every minute of my life. My roommates and I actually used to race each other home to play it.

13. panic

panic Member

I'll have to say that Fallout 1 & 2 ruled.
    so did Diablo, Blood, and whiplash.

14. TheVisualAssault

TheVisualAssault Member

man someone mentioning oregon trails brought back a lot haha i'd always just go hunting and my family would always drown or get some disease ahhh memories

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I'm glad people remember the Sierra games. Yeah, Space Quest was the one with Roger Wilco. I remember the big space mall where you could play that little mini-game with the chicken.

Hero's Quest was different than King's Quest. KQ was nice, but HQ was where you could join the thieves' guild, and, yes, eat mushrooms in the forest.

Nice, syndicate! I couldn't ever play that on my shitty 286 back then, but I played the shit out of them at my friend's house.

I think that any game that used the internal speakers is applicable to this thread.