Favorite Time of the Day?

effyoo

Whats your favorite time of the day?

mine has to be right at dawn....

the sun is just coming over the horizon. but not when you're just waking up to go to work; its when you've been up most of the night doing whatever. making love, painting, partying, that thing that gives you that satisfied feeling.

And then you have a minute to stop, look up, and see the sun creeping up over the horizon.

That's my favorite moment.

everything is alllright....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm never up that late/early, so my favorite time of day is the blue time between when the sun sets and it gets dark. The sky is dark blue, all the street lights are on, and the world lets its hair down from a long day.

Nekro and effyoo both picked my fave times.

Dawn and twilight.

Agreed, dawn when you are still up from an extra long night (esp. after painting). I love when you walk down the street and theres no one around. All you hear are the birds chirping and the whirring of the city in the background. I also love that night smell.

Twilight I love in summer.

When its humid out and all the greenery looks lush and magical. Everything begins to cool down, lightning bugs begin to illuminate and the sun casts such a warm golden glow. I love it.

You guys hit it on the head. Twilight for sure, and just like effyou said, it's most rewarding when you've been up all night...

There's this spot about an hour and 15 minutes away from my city called Diablo Canyon that has the most beautiful sunrises/sunsets. It's far away enough from the city so the lights don't interfere and there is this massive rock that can fit about 15 people. just gorgeous...

(Twilight in the evenings isn't the same, though. It's like everything is too busy...)

Guest Pilau Hands

in the city, i love when the sun just starts getting low in the horizon. the lgiht starts to change and everything gets the orange glow to it, and that glow goes bouncing off every window and reflective surface around you. from then, it just keeps getting better until sunset, then twilight then night. that orange light is the herald of everything i love about the night. i try to be out at that time as often as possible.

in vegas, who cares. its never dark or pitch black here. if i reaaallllly had to pick, i'd say........... the winter time when the sun sets at 5p.m. its the best.

in hawaii-- definately late night/early morning... around 4-5 a.m. right when the suns up. especially if you been partying all night, then are barely comming home around that time, and the suns just barely peeking out a tad. its fucking beautiffffffffffffffffullllllllllllllllll

Originally posted by effyoo

mine has to be right at dawn....

the sun is just coming over the horizon. but not when you're just waking up to go to work; its when you've been up most of the night doing whatever. making love, painting, partying, that thing that gives you that satisfied feeling.

dude.... I couldnt disagree more.

I HATE that time of day. I love to see the

crack of dawn if I'm waking up for it, but

to see that after a long night... you just know

that you look all fucked up, you're probably

just finishing up with being drunk or high and

you know that there's a hiroshima hangover waiting for you.

yeah.... I hate that time at the party when someone sees the sun coming up.

Party's over and you cant out run the sun.

Archived