favorite tee-shirts?

misteraven

what's everyone's favorites? here's the categories...

1. favorite single tee (graphic).

2. favorite blank (just the shirt itsel, not considering graphics)

3. favorite overall company.

4. top three favorite colors in order.

here's mine (though i go through phases).

1. probably the kate moss tee by supreme. (maybe because it was so ridiculously sought after)

2. probably prps simply because they use a type of cotton with a coarse sort of weave (the cut is more a fashion style, but it usually suits me since i'm pretty lean). texture reminds me a little of denim. second would be any type of premium weight, ring-spun, brushed cotton blank.

3. tough one... possibly supreme, but their graphics are really hit or miss. i wear a lot of uxa (again hit or miss).

3. white (no thought goes into wearing white), particular shade of pink (though i'm kinda switching to lavender, again because it looks great with denim), heather (looks good with almost anything).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have a t-shirt with the 'cold chillin' records logo on it. that's probably my favorite, even though the t-shirt's raggedy and covered in paint now. second fave would be my tee with the london underground logo on it

the $2 striped polo i'm rocking right now

zoo york, krooked and girl/chocolate

black and white. can't really go wrong with them

Serial killer had some dope shirts, I don't know if they're still around. They had one with this dude holding up a crack vial (I think it was a movie scene), said 'For Those About to Rock'

I don't really have to say much about this one. Any shirt would do, I prefer a comfortable one.

I dont know if Serial Killer is still around, like I said, but they had some funny shit. I seem to just pick them up here and there, one way or another, don't put too much thought into any particular brand.

I think any shade of blue is nice. burgundy is hot cakes. that traditional t-shirt grey is cool too...

I had an old h-street shirt with a rollerblader in a gun sight.....

I cant say really. I never wear t's with any graphics.

Strictly undershirts or one basic colour.

Hanes Beefy Tees. The fabric is thick and doesnt shrink.

Plus it irons out really well. yes.... sometimes I iron my t's.

what of it?

AA for sure but they shrik. Last time in the AA shop I asked this

cute sales girl about shrinking. She said I'd loose about an inch.

I told her I had a few to spare... then I realised what I was saying.

grey is softer than white

olive / tan (really the same thing if your going 'army')

ruddy brown is the new black

maroon... damnit I want 4 picks !!

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Misteraven@Dec 16 2004, 05:18 PM

what's everyone's favorites? here's the categories...

here's mine (though i go through phases).

1. A cody hudson tshirt made by upper playground, the 12oz team one, who did that design btw?

2. When i wanna wear single colors with nothing on them i wear polos,

mostly lacoste because of the color variety and the thin cool fabric, i buy blanc tees mostly judging by the fit though

3. I dunno, i just pick stuff i like, volcom always has some nice

4. Black, always dope. Deep green (although its hard to find dope graphics on green tees for some reason) white, in my opinion the dopest choice with denim.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by <KEY3>@Dec 17 2004, 03:06 PM

1. A cody hudson tshirt made by upper playground, the 12oz team one, who did that design btw?

I was waiting to see which kiss-ass said that first.

:haha:

I was which one of the unsuportive non 12oz shirt buyers would point that out

:rolleyes:

jokes, but seriously..the 12oz prophet IS my favorite tshirt ever...i put the cody infront to avoid being to kissassy but i guess it didnt work...anyway,

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Dec 17 2004, 03:06 PM

the 12oz team one, who did that design btw?

I was waiting to see which kiss-ass said that first.

:haha:

the t-shirt was designed by kimou meyer aka grotesk (http://www.grotesk.to), with a slight bit of input from myself.

we've got a new range in development now and will be dropping 6 new designs and some other goods in the february/march time frame. more on that at another time...

white supreme shirt w/ blue do-rag box logo

polo

i've really been into all the stuff dqm has put out

White

Black (but nothing worse then a faded black shirt)

royal blue

probably this one enyce tee

CUBE - dunno copped them down the shore but they didn't shrink and they are comfortable

well girbaud for pants but enyce for everything else.

black red babyblue

beastie boys t shirt from licensed to ill tour, 1986. it used to black but is now grey. holes all worn through it, total piece of shit. beastie logo on front and 'GET OFF MY DICK' on the back in mustard yellow. it would probably be worth a fortune if i took it down to soho.

2. favorite blank (just the shirt itself, not considering graphics)

black gap stretch t shirts. everything should be made in stretch. stretch is awesome.

black, baby blue, khaki/white

Guest imported_Tesseract

a friend of mine has an ancient beastie boys tshirt too, its royal blue with the airforce beastie boys logo in front and with red ms-paint style spray paint 'fight for your right to party' on the back.

He doesnt even like the dudes but every attempt i ever made to trade that shirt failed miserably...

1. A grey Zoo York shirt , It has printed on it "yo, run your shit yo" then zoo york in blood splatted with a rabbit shadow puppett with a knife, then says "where evern the shadow puppets are ill"

2. Polo shirts

3. Zoo York, es, Alphanumeric

4. Black, White, Grey.

Originally posted by Misteraven@Dec 16 2004, 03:18 PM

1. probably the kate moss tee by supreme. (maybe because it was so ridiculously sought after)

2. probably prps simply because they use a type of cotton with a coarse sort of weave (the cut is more a fashion style, but it usually suits me since i'm pretty lean). texture reminds me a little of denim. second would be any type of premium weight, ring-spun, brushed cotton blank.

3. tough one... possibly supreme, but their graphics are really hit or miss. i wear a lot of uxa (again hit or miss).

3. white (no thought goes into wearing white), particular shade of pink (though i'm kinda switching to lavender, again because it looks great with denim), heather (looks good with almost anything).

you and my husband have the same exact tastes.

he is all about supreme, uxa and stussy.

he can probably talk your ear off about those companies.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 23 2004, 01:50 PM

when did stussy stop being gay? is quicksilver cool again too? what about hoby? ha. G&S?

The fact that you lump Stussy in with Hoby & quicksilver shows how little you know about the brand today or the culture in general. I mean they ceased being a mainly surf brand long before they became commerically popula in the 90s.

Stussy had a bad spell in the early to mid 90s when they became co-opted and pandered to a frat boy crowd. But Stussy is one of the few brands to ever to comeback from that kind of disgrace to recapture their original core audience. They not only desreve props for managing to pull that off, but for turning shit around rather than staying the course for a quick payoff.

You can not like their designs, but give them their due respect. It's always funny that the tell tale sign of knowing if someone is actually keeps up and understands the culture is if they snicker when stussy is mentioned as if it's coed-naked sports tees or something.

actually stussy segments their line into two categories. there's the niche stuff that developed for nyc, london, japan and is more considered and exclusive. then there's a more dilluted range they develope that though is far from mass market, still makes it's way into random surf/skate/snowboard shops. i find it impressive how they can keep both balls rolling, but somehow they manage. i believe that the exclusive stuff is designed with the help of james jebbia (supreme, union, and stussy nyc shop owner) and is designed and marketed independently from the rest. at least the t-shirts and much of the fleece stuff.