Favorite Movies

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anything by wes anderson

donnie darko

eternal sunshine

citizen kane

hurricane streets

flight of the navigator

anything by paul thomas anderson

uhf

fifth element

fargo

high fidelity

the list goes on.

i think usual suspects had the best banger ending ever. i was like, woah.

quentin tarantino's shit is always fresh. dude getting his ear cut off in reservoir dogs, brutal.

old adam sandler and farley always good for a laugh.

point break, totally awesome.

north shore. must peep, haoles.

shawshank made me cry.

can't sleep on braveheart.

dark days, illest documentary.

ummm... lemme see...

that's it for now i guess.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by LENS

Alien 3 Directors cut

I think you mean the Assembly Cut, cause Fincher was so pissed with 20th Century Fox he wouldn't touch the movie again.

But yeah, that version is roughly 400 billion times better than the theatrical release. If they had gone with the original idea (the wooden planet monastery), I think it could have been the best of all the sequels.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I think you mean the Assembly Cut, cause Fincher was so pissed with 20th Century Fox he wouldn't touch the movie again.

But yeah, that version is roughly 400 billion times better than the theatrical release. If they had gone with the original idea (the wooden planet monastery), I think it could have been the best of all the sequels.

wooden planet monastery?

I love alien3 for all of it's gothic grandeur and explicit death sequences at the han of the alien. The one guy that follows the candles right to the aliens feet gets it pretty bad I think.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by LENS

wooden planet monastery?

Get this... the original vision for the movie was for it to take place in a planetoid made entirely of wood, populated by an order of monks that had forsaken technology. The planet was to be so small the atmosphere would only be about 20 feet thick... one of the shots in that script called for one of the monks to at one point stand on a small hill and actually pop his head into outer space. How sick is that?

It was gonna have a very strong religious feel to it, with demonization/worshipping of the Alien... this carried on somewhat into the finished product with Dillon and his converts, but it wasn't convincing.

Carnival of Souls (they have a Criterion Edition, check it out), my all-time favorite.

Clerks

Night of the Living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead - The originals.

Citizan Kane

Anything by Terry Gilliam

Assault on Precinct 13

The Thing

Bladerunner

Archived